palio 1.6 sports 79 46.20%
Indica Xeta 18 10.53%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2006, 14:37   #16
BHPian

Well for me..
1)swift
2)palio just because of FE...other wise it was 1st for me...
Old 28th March 2006, 14:56   #17
BHPian

Xeta does not fit in this poll, how can you compare a car with group of cars which are 30% more costlier. It is like comparing Corrolla and Accord and then saying Accord is cool, so very obvious. Xeta for its price beats them all in almost all respects, tell maruti to come out with swift at 3l which will be as good as Xeta in space,comfort,power and even engine. So its very clear we need to compare cars with almost similar price then only we can do justice to this poll else it is no brainer to click on Palio 1.6
Old 28th March 2006, 15:01   #18
BHPian

Palio 1.6 sports..

hey guys,

i have driven all the above mentioned cars and the 1.6 sports has no competition at all....

the suzuki swift is great too but none of them offer the handling, ride and stabilty of the palio.

however FE is a major drawback of the palio but if it was up to me, i would pick it straight from the bag.

cheez
Old 28th March 2006, 15:02   #19
Team-BHP Support

Well said rajdoll I saw the poll and the 1st thing that struck me was what is a sub-3L car doing in the listing of 5+ cars!
Old 28th March 2006, 15:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Interesting observation here is that, in all the polls wherever they are listed as options, Palio 1.6/Petra emerge mostly as convincing winners. But, it never translates in Fiat sales, thanks to brand image, A/S/S ghosts and lack of marketing.
Old 28th March 2006, 15:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkothan
Certainly you have grudge against FIAT-Palio :-(

Did you bought a FIAT-UNO and get affected heavily because of it or you have some other problem? Because what ever said is not true?

Palio - Harsh Ride ??
Sports model comes with sporty suspension !!!. Palio 1.2 gives very smooth ride and its has best in class suspension.

Bad FE: 1000+ kg vehicle will give 14 kmpl in City? There is a vehicle available for that..that is called as Maruthi 800.
In my Palio I am getting 10 kmpl in city and 16-18 in Highway. Is it bad FE? Not only me almost everyone in PUG@yahoo gets similar FE!!
Mammoth to drive in city- Is Palio is mammoth ..what do you say for Ikon or Corollo? Have you ever driven Palio ? Do you heard anything about handling?
Mearge Space - Joke of the decade . This shows you never seen a Palio.
Bad *** - Agreed Agreed!!. ...Deleted.... My Palio met a accident. Total expense is 40K. I got my vehicle back in 15 days without any niggling problems. Sapres were readily available. TATA-FIAT alliance is a reality now. ...Deleted....

Please don't make personal comments, also stick to one smiley per post - Mod Team
Nopes, I dont have a grudge against the Palio, but sadly, the Palio does not live upto most of its hype ...

Harsh ride - yes, compared to Indica, which is best in class, also compared to Getz.
Bad FE - almost certainly, when you compare it to Swift, Getz or even Xeta.
Mammoth to drive in the city - yes, it is mammoth to drive for a hatch-back, dont compare it with sedans, though Indica is bad here too.
Meagre space - try fitting in 2 6-footers in front and rear in a palio and then go to a Getz and Xeta and then it will be obvious. Also, a 6-foot plus will easily bang his head against the roof, as I almost did several times.

That explained, I think Palio/Fiat bashing/praising has been done innumerable times,and I dont see any point in getting into it again. Its a big can of worms, and I leave it to those who relish it.
Old 28th March 2006, 15:47   #22
BHPian

ya zappo, the poll looks so skewed. I would even say that just the inclusion of Xeta in this poll speaks so much for that car, why was the Xantro, Wagon R, Alto, 800 not included ?
Old 28th March 2006, 15:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
Nopes, I dont have a grudge against the Palio, but sadly, the Palio does not live upto most of its hype ...
Sorry! I totally disagree with you! I own & drive a Palio for the last two years! And it is delivers much more than the hype (negative!) floating around! It is the best car in B-Segment in terms of Ride comfort, Handling, Space, Safety, Stabiliy on High speeds & Looks! And I am not the only one saying this! Check the results of this Poll, 65% of T-bhpians have give cheers to Palio!!!
Old 28th March 2006, 15:57   #24
Team-BHP Support

Most people who vote for Fiat cars will never consider a palio as their next car. i.e. they may say petra is the best but their next sedan will be baleno etc., ditto for hatch. There are exceptions, but mostly its true.
Old 28th March 2006, 16:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Sorry! I totally disagree with you! I own & drive a Palio for the last two years! And it is delivers much more than the hype (negative!) floating around! It is the best car in B-Segment in terms of Ride comfort, Handling, Space, Safety, Stabiliy on High speeds & Looks! And I am not the only one saying this! Check the results of this Poll, 65% of T-bhpians have give cheers to Palio!!!
Everyone has a right to agree or disagree and voice his opinion - that's why we all are here.
Old 28th March 2006, 16:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Most people who vote for Fiat cars will never consider a palio as their next car. i.e. they may say petra is the best but their next sedan will be baleno etc., ditto for hatch. There are exceptions, but mostly its true.
Very true - thats because they might view Fiat Palio/Petra as a good car, but not a practical one to buy or own - too fraught with risks, it seems.
Old 28th March 2006, 16:15   #27
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Swift... b'coz of the engine...
For practicality its got to be getz....

Though like the Palio 1.6 the most... I am quite sure, I'am never going to buy one!... As the car actually competes with Baleno... and loses out on every count that matters to me. (its a 1.6 L engine!... whats it doing with getz/swift!)
Old 28th March 2006, 16:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very true - thats because they might view Fiat Palio/Petra as a good car, but not a practical one to buy or own - too fraught with risks, it seems.
....DELETED.... We have owned & driven Palio and thatz why we are saying Palio is the best among the lot! Sincerely request to test drive a Palio and then come back with your kind comments!!!

Please try to disagree in a civil voice. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. - Mod Team

Last edited by Samurai : 28th March 2006 at 17:30.
Old 28th March 2006, 16:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:
dude. Chill !!!! you really have a grudge against Fiat !

I bought a palio without even sitting in it for once. Thats the kind of attraction it has for some.

And there are people like you.

Old 28th March 2006, 16:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

All guys chill. Fiat cars are excellent and i too voted for the Palio 1.6 simply because its amazing. However all the other cars in this catogory are latest ones and have been upgraded lately wheras the Palio is still what it used to be when launched in 2001. So a 2001 Car being still voted in 2006 is a compliment in it self for the Palio

Goldie means to say the car is mamoth to drive in the city simply beacuse of its huge turning radius!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks