Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2013, 11:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors Annual-Maintenance-Contract: Reviews?

Hello!

Has anyone tried out the AMC offer by Tata Motors. This is specifically for the Vista Quadrajet.

A few days ago, I recvd a call from them offering this feature wherein they mentioned that the AMC for my Vista-D (run 32k kms) would cost me 9k for 2 scheduled services. This includes all consumables for the scheduled services and new fuel/oil/air filters etc. Wheel aligment and brake checks are also included in this.

I plan to retain the car at least till the end of 2014 and by then it should have crossed 50k KM.

Should I go for it?
Old 22nd February 2013, 14:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

Folks, my truck just completed 1year and thats when i realized that AMC would be good, now my 1st service is yet to be done and the ASC guys says since my truck is completed 1year i wont be able to go for AMC? however they have told they will check on this, is....
Old 13th May 2013, 14:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Folks, my truck just completed 1year and thats when i realized that AMC would be good, now my 1st service is yet to be done and the ASC guys says since my truck is completed 1year i wont be able to go for AMC? however they have told they will check on this, is....
No you will get the AMC. Refer to this link here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3009085

They will have to give the AMC incase you ask so..
Old 13th May 2013, 15:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rahul for sharing this info, however i got the AMC done just before the 2nd Service. it makes a lot of sense to pick it before the 2nd service which involves consumables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
No you will get the AMC. Refer to this link here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3009085

They will have to give the AMC incase you ask so..
Old 5th April 2014, 23:46   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Hello!

Has anyone tried out the AMC offer by Tata Motors. This is specifically for the Vista Quadrajet.

A few days ago, I recvd a call from them offering this feature wherein they mentioned that the AMC for my Vista-D (run 32k kms) would cost me 9k for 2 scheduled services. This includes all consumables for the scheduled services and new fuel/oil/air filters etc. Wheel aligment and brake checks are also included in this.

I plan to retain the car at least till the end of 2014 and by then it should have crossed 50k KM.

Should I go for it?
Though I am posting this after an year, still posting it for the benefit of all the members.

When I took my 30K KM run Vista QJD VX for service last weekend, the SA at VST Motors Service (TATA Motors authorized) Perungudi, Chennai, suggested me that I could opt for AMC silver plan. The cost for next 20K KM (or) 2 Years is Rs.8870/- This would cover the current 30K KM service and 40K KM service.

He told me this would cover oil, filters(oil, Air, Fuel), Wheel Balancing, Alignment(weights not included), Rotation, coolant, A/C service, Coolant system - Flush, All Labor charges.

However, I was charged Rs.500/- for Oil additive. So it is not covered.

He showed me an excel sheet that had the details of the cost, applicable Km etc, I asked him if I could take a photocopy in my mobile camera, which he denied stating that it is not allowed due to some internal rules

I requested him to at least note down the details in a paper and give me for future reference. He agreed and provided me the details which is available in the attached spreadsheet. This is applicable for Vista QJD vehicles that has ODO between 40000KM - 50000KM.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx TATA_Vista_QJD_AMC.xlsx (9.5 KB, 919 views)
DriveAddict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 09:50   #36
BHPian

Just serviced our Nano for 30000 km/3 yrs paid service at Pandit Auto Bhosari. Actual running was 18K. Nano is under Gold AMC contract which was taken on Jan 2013 at 4555 kms and valid upto 4 yrs / 24555 kms.

I had opted for pickup/drop and was expecting bill upto 3-4k because I knew that clutch cable / clutch plate need replacement. Even if AMC is there we cannot expect each and everything under warranty.

To my surprise, the bill came only 305/-. And those were the pickup drop charges + service tax. Everything from oil, coolant, clutch, clutch cable, rear suspension, brake pad etc etc work was done under warranty.

The service guy who delivered the nano after service was saying that AMC saved a lot of money for me . He also refused tip so I did one favour and dropped him at chaphekar chowk bus stop because my home is almost 1-1.5 km from there.
turbodude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 00:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Hello!

Should I go for it?
Go for it eyes closed. Try & get the Gold AMC.

The amount of consumables they replace is mind boggling. complete peace of mind (provided your TASS is not a completely crooked place)
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 11:03   #38
BHPian

Gold AMC covers all consumables, parts and replacements (non-accidental) excluding tyres and battery
Old 27th May 2016, 23:47   #39
BHPian

Hi,

I have a TATA ARIA PRIDE, recently I have got an offer for AMC below are the details

AMC-Value Care (AMC)is a maintenance plan that guarantees protection against unexpected repairs & provides substantial savings through protection against inflation & price volatility of consumables during the running of the vehicle.
AMC usage to ensure hassle free,reliable & economical maintenance of the vehicle.

AMC (Gold) ARIA
Includes - 1) Washing of vehicle.
2) All oil & fuel filter change
3) Air filter change
4) coolant change
5) wear & tear Parts(clutch,brek pad,brake liner, suspension, belts, wiper.injcatr etc)
6) wheel alignment
7) wheel balancing
8)Labour

Not Includes - 1)Batteries
2) damage work
3)tyres

Model Contract Kms 20000 30000 45000
Yrs 1 2 3
Aria Price 6929 15488 39233

Please advice other that consumables what benefits do we get as I already have got extended warranty.
Old 28th May 2016, 00:09   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Please advice other that consumables what benefits do we get as I already have got extended warranty.
As you have already mentioned, the Gold AMC does not include Tyres, Brakes, Accident-related damages (even rat-bite related damages). Else everything is covered. The only recent clause that has come up is that the replacement / repairs must be done during service - meaning, you cant walk in and demand that the wipers be replaced.

Warranty is for any component failure. Warranty does not cover wear & tear items. Gold AMC should include wear & tear items also - like if your brake-pads wear out during the coverage period.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 10:56   #41
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Hi,

I have a TATA ARIA PRIDE, recently I have got an offer for AMC below are the details

AMC-Value Care (AMC)is a maintenance plan that guarantees protection against unexpected repairs & provides substantial savings through protection against inflation & price volatility of consumables during the running of the vehicle.
AMC usage to ensure hassle free,reliable & economical maintenance of the vehicle.

AMC (Gold) ARIA
Includes - 1) Washing of vehicle.
2) All oil & fuel filter change
3) Air filter change
4) coolant change
5) wear & tear Parts(clutch,brek pad,brake liner, suspension, belts, wiper.injcatr etc)
6) wheel alignment
7) wheel balancing
8)Labour

Not Includes - 1)Batteries
2) damage work
3)tyres

Model Contract Kms 20000 30000 45000
Yrs 1 2 3
Aria Price 6929 15488 39233

I do own ARIA Pure LX.
ARIA has service intervals of 15K. so if you opt for one year AMC, it will be for 20K. so only one service is covered.

I had paid Rs 3600 for 15 K service and Rs 5200 for 30K service. So total cost for 30K was 8800/ only.

What are the chances of break pad going bad with in 50K? . what's is price of break pads and labour cost?

Same with clutch, do you think it will go before 30-40K?

Except for clutch , break pads and suspension, what is new in these AMC's? Rest all are regular service consumables.

My Vista Clutch plate lasted 84K. i have changed voluntarily as i have long trip planned and CRB has to be changed due to noise. As the labour cost is same for CRB changing and clutch changing , i had opted to change, even though clutch plate has another 5-10K life

These AMC prices are for cars under warranty. What are the prices of AMC for cars out of warranty? Are they offering gold AMC for after warranty cars?
I dont think so. They are offering only Silver AMC after warranty is over, that covers only consumables. the cost of silver AMC is almost same or little more than actual consumables cost. In such case why should one pay in advance?

Last edited by rkg : 28th May 2016 at 10:57.
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 11:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Its been a while since the last post. Any thoughts on what is the best time to pick up the AMC for a new car?
Does it make sense to wait a while and take up the AMC before the second free service or the 3rd free service? (I am speaking in the context of the Tata Tiago Petrol).
Old 26th April 2017, 12:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Any thoughts on what is the best time to pick up the AMC for a new car?
If I recall right, the prices of AMC increase as you delay it. The best thing to do, and this is what my service advisor did for me, is to get the AMC when you go for the third service, but register the AMC before opening the service register for that visit.
Across the board, Gold AMC the best value for money.
Old 5th February 2022, 20:05   #44

My experience says that, TaMo are secretive about their AMC plans (pricing at least). Why do I think so?

1. When I visited a big dealership in Bangalore (KHT) for Nexon inquiry, their senior sales person did not know about P2P AMC (as if he heard the phrase for the first time in his life!). When I asked him whether I can purchase it at the time of invoice, he said they don't sale it. Also he said Gold AMC plan is only for 2 years (in reality they sale 4 year plans for Nexon models).

2. I contacted TaMo Cars twitter account for pricing plans of Gold and P2P AMC for Nexon. They said they will not be able to provide any information about this and I should contact my dealership to get this information.

3. I contacted a local TASS over phone. Their CRM told me the plan pricing on phone (which were higher that what I had seen online on some forums). For example, 2 year Gold AMC for Nexon Petrol was quoted Rs. 18,000. To verify that the prices given by them are correct I did the following.

4. I contacted the TaMo call center (1800 209 8282) , they said they only provide information about Car models, booking assistance, complaints about dealership etc. They don't provide information about AMC plans.

5. So far in the last week I have sent two emails of inquiry to amccustomer@tatamotors.com asking them to send the pricing chart for AMC plans (email ID given in
https://cars.tatamotors.com/service/...ts/amcproducts ). I had also asked them whether I can purchase the plans online.

I have not received any reply to my emails.

If TaMo can publicly share the prices of Extended Warranty for all car models, why don't they share the AMC price plans online?

--

My immediate questions are as below, in case someone has experience

a. Has the Gold AMC (3yr / 4 yr) been worthwhile for you?

b. How much did you pay for it (assuming it is for Nexon).
StableRide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 10:46   #45
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StableRide View Post
a. Has the Gold AMC (3yr / 4 yr) been worthwhile for you?
My brother didn’t go for the AMC for his Nexon Petrol. His running is close to 12K km per year. The total cost of service upto the 1st year and 14K km came to less than INR 7,000/- that too when some interior enrichment was opted for. In fact he didn’t even renew his iRA subscription as that was costing half of what he spent on 1 year’s maintenance.

I guess the timing chain is a replacement part at 60K km. If that comes within your AMC and use case then it is worth while.

Hyundai has a really good plan (Shield of trust) on offer which is like an AMC, they replace clutch, wipers, suspension components, brake pads etc. at least once within the tenure of the package even if it is not worn out (at least that’s what is stated when you pay for the package). I don’t think Tata follows the same liberal approach with their AMC.

Usually AMCs can be seen as a price protection against increase in parts and labour cost in the future, by paying upfront. You also have to factor in your usage and whether you will be able to hit the kilometres at which maximum replacements can be done under the AMC.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks