Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2006, 16:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
The engine is surprisingly refined... infact can be compared to the santro and almost certainly better than a Wagon R.
Is it the Santro engine is better than Wagon-R
Old 5th April 2006, 16:54   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdreamz
Hi there...

Can any one tel me what is the rate of interest dealers charge on financing passenger cars (like Indica Xeta) for period of 36 Months EMI.

I heard that Indica V2 Xeta is around 3.4 Laks on road in Hyderabad, would like to know the rate of interest (on 3 year finance)

If anyone has taken Xeta or Marina recently (2006) let me know the EMI's and the Rate of Interest.

Thanks in adavance
ghdreamz@hotmail.com
Uh ohhh... buddy you are horrendously off the topic. Do not do this. I mean it is not even related by miles! Keep looking at your own thread (you have started one, haven't you?). You will get your reply there mate.
Old 5th April 2006, 17:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Is it the Santro engine is better than Wagon-R

Depends. In driveability, Santro ERlx engine is definitly slightly better than the current WagonR engine (specially the low end response). Other than that, a lot of comparisons can be made, which is beyond the scope of this topic.

Coming back to the topic, i would say that given the choice , i would choose Indica Xeta over Alto...

Last edited by DCEite : 5th April 2006 at 18:04.
Old 5th April 2006, 18:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
I test drove the xeta.... though not a long one just abt enuf to know the car and engine. The engine is surprisingly refined... infact can be compared to the santro and almost certainly better than a Wagon R.
Engine refinement better than Santro and WagonR..?? I doubt this seriously. However, if it is true, than thats great news, because the older petrol Indica's biggest grouse was refinement.
Old 5th April 2006, 19:08   #20
BHPian

Xing for the following reasons.

a) Alto: Too small and too small a engine to compete with the bigger cars in the question

b) Xeta: All things being equal, the mileage a santro would give will be better than a Xeta. Looks better and in refinement, the Xing is better than the Xeta.... All personal opinions being mentioned here.

-Sumit
Old 5th April 2006, 19:34   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
Engine refinement better than Santro and WagonR..?? I doubt this seriously. However, if it is true, than thats great news, because the older petrol Indica's biggest grouse was refinement.
Perhaps he is referring only to the refinement in the lower rev-range, where the Xeta has made quite some improvements. And the good low-end torque might give you that impression, since you dont need to rev it high to get it speeding.

However, push it beyond 3k rpm and it starts to groan big time, and the NVH gets pretty bad after that.
Old 6th April 2006, 17:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
I didnt say "Better".. i said it can now be "compared" to santro and wagonr, though i admit i didnt push it above 3000-3500 rpm.
Old 6th April 2006, 17:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitsingh
b) Xeta: All things being equal, the mileage a santro would give will be better than a Xeta. Looks better and in refinement, the Xing is better than the Xeta.... All personal opinions being mentioned here.

-Sumit
All things being equal .... r u kidding me mate! The suspension on a santro is CRAP even maruti 800 rides better, take minor undulations on the road at higher speeds (90-100 kph) and u can feel the rear end taking over the front, its poor on the highway, goes all over the place. The backseat comfort is no way near the indica and neither are the safety parameters.
There are more but i'll stop here!
Old 6th April 2006, 17:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvit2002
i read the latest BBC top gear issue. which had a comparison between santro xing \alto \indica xeta and it indicated to me that they recommend indica xeta among them .
the comparison between their fuel economy
Alto 13.53
xing 12.66
xeta 13.13

what do u have to say??

Bought my XETA on 21 March.

Using normal unleaded fuel it gave me 248 kms in 18.74 liters (fulltank to fulltank), that is 13.23 kmpl. Driving at 40-60km/hr. Rarely using 5th gear. Filled XtraPremium this time.

This is almost the same as mentioned in the magazine. Many XETA owners get a mileage of more than 14 which TATA claims.
Old 7th April 2006, 08:21   #25
BHPian

13.23 kmpl is good...
tell us about FE after the 1st service...
Old 7th April 2006, 08:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
248 kms in 18.74 liters (fulltank to fulltank)
Something doesn't sound right there. Fulltank to fulltank means you filled up fuel with the indicator close to the low fuel indicator level and you filled in 18.74 ltrs to full tank?!
Old 7th April 2006, 09:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Something doesn't sound right there. Fulltank to fulltank means you filled up fuel with the indicator close to the low fuel indicator level and you filled in 18.74 ltrs to full tank?!
I think he means (1) Started with a full tank (2) drove 248 kms (3) Refilled to full again (4) Divided 248 kms by number of litres to refill. This is how I calculate FE too - tankful to tankful, irrespective of the state of the tank before refill.
Old 8th April 2006, 18:41   #28
BHPian

a major portion of team-bhpians think that XETA has an edge over XING but i caught up with one of my friends who told me that xing's suspension is not fit for indian roads . he has done only 20k on the odo and his car make all sorts of sounds on potholes , uneven roads, and off road..
he had to get a shocker change for the rear of his car .

and a lot of ppl otherwise complain that santro's suspension is always in the need of greasing and change of bushes . this was the santro story.

indica's suspension is far better than any other car in its segment . i agree that we get all sorts of noises from the engine in the morning but still u buy a car for comfort and that comfort is offered by indica rather than santro..
Old 17th April 2006, 15:44   #29
BHPian

I booked a Lagoon Blue Xeta GLS last week. The TATA agent at the showroom showed me a report in a Malayalam Auto Magazine called "Top Gear" which was titled "XETA : The Mileage Champion" It spoke of a whooping mileage of 16.X kmpl in city and 18.X kmpl in Highway, with an average of about 17.2 kmpl.

The sales person also accerted that they had sold around 60 Xeta's in Trivandrum(although i am yet to notice one on the road) and most of the users have certified a mileage of about 16kmpl.

He was also saying something about two redundant IC's in the Xeta CPU that were meant for optimising the vehicle for using the LPG as Fuel. These reduntant IC's come to life only if a LPG Fuel kit is installed. In short what he said was that the indica XETA was the only petrol car that is specially made for LPG use in such a way that the user could switch between the two fuels. On my enquiry he told me that the conversion kit cost about 25k but was far worth its price.
Old 19th April 2006, 11:06   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I think he means (1) Started with a full tank (2) drove 248 kms (3) Refilled to full again (4) Divided 248 kms by number of litres to refill. This is how I calculate FE too - tankful to tankful, irrespective of the state of the tank before refill.
Thanks for clearing doubts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks