Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Swift Sport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/12092-swift-sport.html)

karthik247 7th April 2006 22:00

Swift Sport

Just read about a 125bhp Swift Sport in this months issiue of ACI. Any idea when it'll hit the shores?? We 'might' be gettin a Swift for our family, but then i had second thoughts abt it after readin abt this hot hatch. Now i'm totally trying to convince mom to get one asap :D

They quoted the price as 6.5lacs approx.
Power - 125bhp@6800rpm
Torque - 15.1kgm@4800rpm
Power to weight ratio - 116.82bhp/tonne

carfreak 7th April 2006 22:12

but is it going to be launched?even i read it-thought it specifically said they will not be producing it.not worth waiting dude,better buy off the swift and put k&n shuhaib style

karthik247 7th April 2006 22:15

I was really tempted knowing its 125bhp!!!
Anyways, yea gettin a Swift, a K&N air filter and free flow was my plan before i read this...now i don't want the Swift anymore :Frustrati

greatpower 7th April 2006 22:32

Its not likely to be launched in India, its mentioned in the ACI itself.

I think the cost would be too high to be justified in the indian car market.

karthik247 7th April 2006 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatpower
Its not likely to be launched in India, its mentioned in the ACI itself.

I think the cost would be too high to be justified in the indian car market.

Yea called a guy from Maruti, unfortunately it won't be here anytime soon :(

karthik247 7th April 2006 22:55

Fuelled 8th April 2006 00:37

Thats my dream car i'm waiting for and personally i would put hand down the approx cost in a jiffy(rather i'l get my parents to do it :-) )

Jst loved the way the car looked inside out at the 2006 auto expo and the specs seemed racy.

I'm sure maruti can do some in limited numbers if there's a demand for it.
So can someone please tell me how we can tell Maruti quite a few want it BAD.

islero 8th April 2006 09:47

I dont like the looks much, much rather give normal Swift some bigger wheels. This one looks a bit, I dont know, cluttered?

caroholic1 8th April 2006 10:46

I saw this Swift Sport at the expo.

karthik247 8th April 2006 13:04

It would be a stunner at 6.5lacs. Image all that power and looks..would definately be the best hot hatch once launched.

Fuelled 8th April 2006 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
I dont like the looks much, much rather give normal Swift some bigger wheels. This one looks a bit, I dont know, cluttered?

hmm.. will these pics change ur mind somewhat.

couldnt dind the front end pics. But you can check them at the suzuki japan link.

PS: can sm1 provide that link here.

GTO 8th April 2006 13:11

I know of a fellow moderator who is dying to pick it up for his fiance.

GTO

Sahil 8th April 2006 13:25

I would pick it up in a flash @ 6.5 lakhs...... My mom has always wanted a small car in the house so that she can drive it around as rest of the cars r bigger sedans and an SUV which she cant drive around too well. I have never agreed to this but with that much power i'd take the swift!

karthik247 8th April 2006 13:49

It should be on par with the Skoda RS in terms of acceleration. Any idea abt the top end?

Raps 8th April 2006 13:59

Swift sport is damn hot.....
May I know its tires specs......& the alloys planning for India?
I usually see here in EU with 185/65/15, will there be the same tire size or any more upgradation or same as the present ZXI?