Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2012, 07:50   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW Up! spotted testing in Pune, totally undisguised, 2 and 4 door versions spotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Superb scoop Mandar! I simply hate the oversized VW logo upfront, almost looks like an afterthought looking at the execution.
That’s the way to say future looks big and bright
Jokes apart, this looks the new trend. Most of the manufacturers are now using the big logo to make a statement – just glance through the newer models from Renault, Mercedes etc.
Old 19th July 2012, 08:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Up! spotted testing in Pune, totally undisguised, 2 and 4 door versions spotte

Excellent scoop MandarMax. What a car to shake up the entry level B segment.

No wonder VW is fishing the MSIL marketing folks.

It may sound weird, but the lack of power windows at the front put a smile on my face. Expect a very aggressive price tag for the TL or whatever the base model will be.

That 3 door is for export but that AT sure is great news. Thanks for sharing.
Old 19th July 2012, 08:23   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Expect a very aggressive price tag for the TL or whatever the base model will be.
Guess the nomenclature would be as sold globally.
Take UP (base model)
Move UP
High UP

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 09:51   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Take UP (base model)
Move UP
High UP

Cheers!
Yup. In my opinion, that is the best variant nomenclature I've come across.
Old 19th July 2012, 11:53   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Take UP (base model)
Move UP
High UP

Cheers!
Superb naming for the variants, and quite easy to recall and tell.
Old 19th July 2012, 12:36   #51
BHPian

Fantastic scoop shots, congratulations and thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
it seems that the rear window of a 4 door car doesn't roll down. not accepted in india
How did you arrive at that conclusion??
Old 19th July 2012, 19:42   #52
BHPian

Great catch mate! One awesome scoop! I have fallen in love with volkswagen's clean and simple designs without much fuss. And the UP proves that Volkswagen has ballistic capacity to be the world's largest car maker. And with Porsche under VW umbrella, things are going to be enticing enough!

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
Old 19th July 2012, 20:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for this scoop!! It does look like a great city hatchback and the look and feel of the interiors/exteriors are way better than the present competition. Also the cars look proportionate and quite big. If priced aggressively I think it would be a great second/third car, city runabout for me...
Old 20th July 2012, 13:04   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Take UP (base model)
Move UP
High UP

Cheers!

Really cool sounding nomenclature for the models.

Three things IMO that VW should do to make the UP a superhit are:
1) get the pricing right
2) change the rear hatch door from glass to steel
3) have a diesel option
Old 20th July 2012, 13:35   #55
BHPian

Thanks for the scoop. Good to see early morning Karve Road as a test-track for these VW mules.
I remember having seen LH drive Polo sedans before the Polo was launched driving through Lakshmi Road. They too were without camouflage. I wonder whats with the choice of road ? Maybe urban driveability is one. But then seeing the absolute lack of traffic maybe these cars will be tested elsewhere in bumper-bumper traffic.
Old 21st July 2012, 16:45   #56
BHPian

I think it is futile for VW to try and compete with Maruti, Hyundai etc on the price front. It should have learnt from selling Polo's. It should leave that to Skoda and instead position itself as the premium car maker in the segment and accordingly make loaded cars with good engines at a slightly premium price. Up and Polo with the right quality and features would be great premium hatchbacks.
Old 27th July 2012, 11:15   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like VW has moved up its schedule to bring its latest MINI car the up! to India. A whole bunch of the cars, in both 2-door and 4-door guise have been caught testing in and around Pune, near its home base of Chakan.
Infact reports of having the UP spotted all across the country indicate the UP could be launched sooner than expected.

Quote:
Apart from this the German auto giant also plans on building SUVs based on both the Polo hatch and even the smaller up! The project timeframe for these cars is 2016

Volkswagen up! India plans accelerated| ZigWheels.com
Old 27th July 2012, 13:45   #58
BHPian

This is one of the very super cool small cars I have seen lately. Front, rear, and interior all in all looks good. If this is priced closed to Santro or slight above, one of these will definitely make to my home as a second car.

However, what I dont like about VW is they dont give all the options to Indian customer, like polo does not come with black headlamp option, similarly UP will have one type of interior trim on the offer and you will not get options like red dashboard which is seen in pics.
Old 27th July 2012, 16:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
This is one of the very super cool small cars I have seen lately. Front, rear, and interior all in all looks good. If this is priced closed to Santro or slight above, one of these will definitely make to my home as a second car.

However, what I dont like about VW is they dont give all the options to Indian customer, like polo does not come with black headlamp option, similarly UP will have one type of interior trim on the offer and you will not get options like red dashboard which is seen in pics.
I dont like VW for same reason. even they have changed taillight design for indian POLO. the euro tail lamps are
Old 27th July 2012, 16:28   #60
BHPian

Amazing looking car. I like the positioning of the VW logo in the rear. This car is bound to create ripples. I like the name "Up"!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks