Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2006, 11:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Wonder whats going to happen to resale values if they keep doing that. Wouldn't be surprised if a few weeks after the still newer one in 2007, they come out with a 'still still newer one'.

Amit ,

Scorpios are holding resale values quite well in Bangalore market. To give an example , A 2003 Glx non crde with , 30 k on the odo and well maintained was sold for 6.5 lacs ( the OTR price when bought was 8 lacs ).
Old 26th April 2006, 11:56   #17
Team-BHP Support

The May '06 issue of Top Gear suggests that the handling and ride of the Scorpio has been improved, thanks to work by Lotus engineers. The rear suspension with leaf springs has been replaced by a multi-link & coil spring setup. The steering has been made a bit heavier too. I hope these changes work. This car is an Indian effort and I want to feel proud of it. But, it should earn peoples' respect and trust on it own merits - not on blind patriotism.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th April 2006 at 12:10.
Old 26th April 2006, 12:01   #18
Team-BHP Support

Why go by suggestions. Pick up april Autocar India, and you have the results of Elk and slalom test for Scorpio(New, old), Safari DICOR and Innova.
Safari is the worst, Scorpio new stands second, and unsurprisingly the winner is innova. "she handles like a car"
Old 18th May 2006, 17:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Mahindra R&D and AVL are jointly developing a new engine which will actually use the now cosmetic hood scoop. The highlight of the engine, well its 70Kg lighter than the current one, so that changes made at the rear for handling will now actually have some effect.
Went to the service centre yesterday to take delivery of my car, came to know that a scorpio plonked with 2.2 litre crde engine is being tested in a private test track in chennai. it seems, it had some problems and guys here are waiting for simputer to arrive from nasik to diagnose and rectify the problem.

With better weight distribution, (new engine is supposed to be 70kgs lighter than the present one), and new suspension, ride quality and handling should improve considerably.

it should be fuel efficient to... way to go mahindra..

Last edited by tifosikrishna : 18th May 2006 at 17:26.
Old 19th May 2006, 12:11   #20
BHPian

I don't know why but I seem to be a die hard fan of the Safari.

The new lighter engine with some additional tweaks should work wonders for Scorpio, and if done properly will be more than enough to kick Safari, Hope they increase the length a bit. to make it more roomy.

TATA why no news from you, why is TATA so silent?? Is this the Lul before storm???? I really pray so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks