Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2007, 01:06   #31
BHPian

Is it being suggested that Swift DDis is quicker than the Fiesta 1.6(cus thats the only one which can give goosebump-if you read my post carefully)? If thats then I rest my case.
Anyways this is getting a bit off topic.
Old 24th February 2007, 22:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Is it being suggested that Swift DDis is quicker than the Fiesta 1.6.
If one reads the previous post carefully, it does not take intelligence to know that a Swift DDis (which is a diesel, FYI) is not being compared to the Fiesta 1.6 (Gasolene).

What is being suggested is that it does not hurt to have performance as an added criteria in a diesel car along the lines of what is being offered by Maruti (with its Swift DDis) and Hyundai (with the Verna CRDI). Which is not at all offtopic as this thread is about Fiesta and its variants and Fiesta does need a performance Diesel period. Because there is a market, beleive me, that wants a well-made fast diesel car thats fun to drive (as all Fords are)

Anyway one takes tha pain of noting the ingear acceleration times of Swift DDis vs the Fiesta 1.6 petrol, it is the Swift which is faster. And it does not require a wikipedia search to know Audi's exploits with Diesel at Le Mans. However as I mentioned lets not confuse petrol performance with diesel one.
Old 24th February 2007, 23:13   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
If one reads the previous post carefully, it does not take intelligence to know that a Swift DDis (which is a diesel, FYI) is not being compared to the Fiesta 1.6 (Gasolene).
---------------------
Anyway one takes tha pain of noting the ingear acceleration times of Swift DDis vs the Fiesta 1.6 petrol, it is the Swift which is faster. And it does not require a wikipedia search to know Audi's exploits with Diesel at Le Mans. However as I mentioned lets not confuse petrol performance with diesel one.
Yeah? Pretty good! Yeah!
Theres no need to comment on my IQ though.
Old 27th February 2007, 15:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

the SXI series (both petrol and diesel) will also now be offered to customers with ABS (anti-lock braking system), making the Ford Fiesta the only car in the premium mid-size segment to have this feature as standard fitment.
Old 27th February 2007, 16:18   #35
BHPian

Even Zxi variant of Swift has ABS as standard fitment. Don't know why the so called premium mid-size segment still have it as an option.
Old 27th February 2007, 16:25   #36
BHPian

The price of the top end diesel variant (TDCI 1.4 SXI) is Rs.8.91 Lakhs in Chennai. Bah, Way too high for that engine capacity!

Ford is still importing diesel engines after seeing such huge sales of their diesel cars. Hope they make some diesel engines here after launch of TDCI Endeavor.
Old 27th February 2007, 17:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
For example I would enjoy going upto 6000 rpm in every gear on my Ikon 1.6 (the feeling of which the Fiesta 1.6 can never match although it is a wee bit faster to the ton).
Heh-heh Anirban, I know we have a running disagreement on this but........I've never got the SNAARRRRLLL of 6.5k rpm on my 1.6 Ikon the way I get it on my Fiesta 1.6 and when it rips, it just rips, period. You just need to drive it for as long as you've driven your Ikon to figure it out though.......if you were talking about road holding I would give it to the Ikon but sheer rpm through the gears - I'd say the Fiesta 1.6

Last edited by suman : 27th February 2007 at 17:28.
Old 28th February 2007, 22:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Heh-heh Anirban, I know we have a running disagreement on this but........I've never got the SNAARRRRLLL of 6.5k rpm on my 1.6 Ikon the way I get it on my Fiesta 1.6 and when it rips, it just rips, period. You just need to drive it for as long as you've driven your Ikon to figure it out though.......if you were talking about road holding I would give it to the Ikon but sheer rpm through the gears - I'd say the Fiesta 1.6

Ha Ha Suman, I know your intent of pulling this one on me! But I somehow knew it that you would be reading this, so I mentioned about a "feeling" however also mentioning its the Fiesta thats faster to the Ton. Now that "Feeling" also means engine response (where does the Fiesta produce its maximum torque they said? Compare that to the Ikon's). Yes the Fiesta engine is overall better, but then the Ikon's engine response is unparallelled (one reason why I did not trade in the Ikon for the Fiesta). However another positive about the Ikon vs the Fiesta is the steering response (again subjective) so its the Stock Ikon thats nearer to a rally car (which I actually found out that out). Anyway I think Ikon vs Fiesta is not the intent of this thread and we can definitely talk on this on the PM)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks