Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2013, 08:48   #46
BANNED

Re: Laura TSI DSG on Skoda India's website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Bit early to ask when the car has yet to his the showroom!
I believe you got the unexpected answer below! Selling a petrol these days can be tough, and even more so when you have the backing of a brand like Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
1.5 lac + discount on the car. Ex showroom del is 13.50
Old 25th February 2013, 09:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.5 lac + discount on the car. Ex showroom del is 13.50
May i ask which dealer quoted you that price? A friend of mine is trying to get a good price for the TSi, and if you could help me with the name of the dealer, it will make it easier for him to strike a good bargain.
Old 25th February 2013, 10:15   #48
BHPian

Farenhet delhi. 08860084068, ask for Gangand Jha, tell him I sent you. Dont do the regular price shopping crap. Finaliz3 in your head if you want the car, and He will give you the best deal possible.
Old 25th February 2013, 10:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Farenhet delhi. 08860084068, ask for Gangand Jha, tell him I sent you. Dont do the regular price shopping crap. Finaliz3 in your head if you want the car, and He will give you the best deal possible.
Thanks a lot prithwi for the information.

Incidently, a very good friend of mine who is a lawyer in delhi, has won a case against Skoda India for a client of his and got a very good compensation from Skoda India.
Old 25th February 2013, 10:27   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post

Thanks a lot prithwi for the information.

Incidently, a very good friend of mine who is a lawyer in delhi, has won a case against Skoda India for a client of his and got a very good compensation from Skoda India.
Ok. What has that got to do here?
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 10:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok. What has that got to do here?
Nothing, just wanted to let fellow members know about it!

Did i write something offensive?
Old 25th February 2013, 10:37   #52
BHPian

No my friend, just curious about details and relevance, cheers...
Old 25th February 2013, 11:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No my friend, just curious about details and relevance, cheers...
"Luxury car maker Skoda India Pvt Ltd, has been ordered by Delhi State Consumer Commission to pay one of its car buyers Rs 20.17 lakh, including Rs 2.5 lakh in compensation, for selling him a defective car.

The state consumer commission relying on the service history records and receipts of expenditure submitted by the buyer, observed that the car purchased in April 2005 had to be taken to the service station 33 times for repairing defects, many of which were manufacturing ones, and it cost Rs 1.65 lakh to the customer."

This verdict came in December 2012. Sorry for going off topic.

But i think with the heads rolling in Skoda India, the new incharge is going to improve the A.S.S. for Skoda India.

Im very much looking forward to the Octavia 1.8 TSI 2013. It should be a good VFM over VW/Audi with simliar engines.
Old 25th February 2013, 16:29   #54
BHPian

Ouch.. Good win tho.. about time heads start rolling at the Skoda dealership atleast. Sadly the Main Skoda Auto has little control on the ASS or the dealers. They are like DoT, issuing orders after orders to Telecom companies, but none are implemented. End of the day, us consumers suffer.
Old 10th March 2013, 21:31   #55
BHPian

Today, went to Giriraj with a friend to check out the deals on Laura. My friend wants to buy an AT LAURA (not particular about fuel type). We were told NO DISCOUNT on petrol AT and a waiting period of 45 days. On 2012 assembled diesel AT (with new features), we were offered max discount of INR 1.15 lacs.

I was astounded with these quotes, given the state of automotive demand and the fact that Laura is to be phased out soon.

Wondering since when have Lauras started selling this much.

Any thoughts / info on current available discounts please. My friend is looking to book the car over next 5-6 days.
Old 10th March 2013, 23:01   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Today, went to Giriraj with a friend to check out the deals on Laura. My friend wants to buy an AT LAURA (not particular about fuel type). We were told NO DISCOUNT on petrol AT and a waiting period of 45 days. On 2012 assembled diesel AT (with new features), we were offered max discount of INR 1.15 lacs.

I was astounded with these quotes, given the state of automotive demand and the fact that Laura is to be phased out soon.

Wondering since when have Lauras started selling this much.

Any thoughts / info on current available discounts please. My friend is looking to book the car over next 5-6 days.
The TSI AT is built to order hence no stock is available, hence no discount. The same engine / transmission goes in the Superb so it is a case of selective mix and match
Old 10th March 2013, 23:54   #57
Senior - BHPian

Thats one aspect of it , the fact of the matter is that there are very tight rules laid down by Skoda as well for their Service centers, i have spent a sufficient amount of time with one of the ASS during the last 2 months , and enough times work has got postponed / delayed not because the dealer was not willing but because Skoda was either not responding or something was not available - to the point that i would have 2-3 people standing around my car with tools in their hands but they were "waiting" for an approval from the company to start the work

Quote:
Ouch.. Good win tho.. about time heads start rolling at the Skoda dealership atleast. Sadly the Main Skoda Auto has little control on the ASS or the dealers. They are like DoT, issuing orders after orders to Telecom companies, but none are implemented. End of the day, us consumers suffer.
Old 14th March 2013, 19:17   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Prithwi. I drive a TSI and a friend now wants to buy a Superb. I called Ganganand with your reference for the same. He's promised to come back after checking for stock. Thought will thank you for putting up reference on the forum.
Old 14th March 2013, 19:29   #59
BHPian

2 petrol ATs at Farenheit with discounts. They also have a test drive one at okhla I think.
Old 9th April 2013, 09:30   #60
BHPian

Driven!!!! TSI DSG officially delivered to a colleague.
Confirmed fratures-
Skoda MFD from the L&K, not the ambiente display.
Same audio system as the VRS with n the addition of Bluetooth
Bluetooth streaming of audio
MF steering wheel with voice control
16inch wheels from VRS
7AT makes the car a hoot to drive... its feels insanely fast, and stable thanks to the 205 tires. It feels really faster than the vrs due to the extra cog in the 7AT.
Black floor lining and mats as in the VRS. Rest everything is beige.
No auto folding orvms same as the ambiente

Ex showroom price with all discounts of 13.48, which is very attractive for the package on offer.
prithwi-81 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks