Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2014, 00:37   #511
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Honda is gearing up for Mobilio launch. Today we had reviews on Mobilio from multiple auto websites and now Honda has put up Mobilio in the existing Model line up on its website.
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio.png

Also, following is the review from Overdrive. This review is slightly negative as compared to ACI and others

Last edited by damager21 : 6th July 2014 at 00:49.
damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 14:54   #512
Senior - BHPian

Almost everyone has expressed their displeasure on the third row seating. I took my wife to Infinity 2 Mall Malad West Mumbai. She could not sit for 2 mins in the third row.

She rejected stating that Ertiga is better and the interiors are too plain

By the by she is a common person and not an automobile savvy or passionate person.
Old 7th July 2014, 16:28   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Almost everyone has expressed their displeasure on the third row seating. I took my wife to Infinity 2 Mall Malad West Mumbai. She could not sit for 2 mins in the third row.

She rejected stating that Ertiga is better and the interiors are too plain

By the by she is a common person and not an automobile savvy or passionate person.
In case of Ertiga, the foot well is on a lower floor (which is common for other 2 rows) and the actual seat is mounted on a higher floor (due to the petrol tank).
Is that the case with Mobilio as well or is there no depressed floor for keeping legs which results in the 'knees up' position?

Last edited by Guna : 7th July 2014 at 16:30.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 18:33   #514
Senior - BHPian

I am in market for 7 seater and potential buyer. There are no options right now except Ertiga. Mobilio is good in most areas but lost on 2-3 key points. Interiors are bad as it can get, last row is not that useful, middle row windows don't roll down completely, looks same as Brio & Amaze etc are the sore points IMHO. Price is also another important factor, i am sure Honda will launch it on higher side. My guess is it will be 1 Lac + than Ertiga OTR price for the base model. Gap will be more for higher models. Let's see.
Old 7th July 2014, 20:18   #515
Team-BHP Support

The embargo on the press reviews has been lifted! Eagerly awaiting our in-house review!

Motoroids review - Link

Some excerpts:

Quote:
  • It may not be the plushest ride that we have experienced in the sub-10 lakh category, but it’s mighty good with the composure and absorbance improving further as your load the car up with more people.
  • At 189mm, the Mobilio also boasts segment leading ground clearance. Honda have taken due note of the problems reported with the earlier generation City, where the car scraped its belly with every speed breaker.
  • A special mention needs to be made of the 185/55 R 15 Bridgestone B250 rubber here, which has been built to order for the Mobilio. The level of grip offered by the tyres was impressive and we managed good corner speeds without any wailing noises emanating from underneath the running board.
  • The steering wheel on the diesel variant feels well weighted and offers plausibly better feel as well. The Mobilio is a sure-footed campaigner and takes to corners with great confidence and very well contained body roll.
  • The absolute highlight of the diesel Mobilio is its remarkably high ARAI certified fuel efficiency of 24.2 kmpl which makes it by far the most fuel efficient MPV in the country. The petrol Mobilio has been rated at 17.3 kmpl by ARAI, which is a great number too.
  • The middle row, though, could have done with a bit more thigh support. While the third row space in the Mobilio may not be segment leading, the availability of much more bootspace as compared to the competition makes it a more versatile product. The space in the Mobilio’s third row isn’t as much as the Ertiga, though it more than makes up for it by offering a decent sized boot with all three rows of seats up. (I can see Paragbhai chuckling!)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th July 2014 at 20:33.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 21:32   #516
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The embargo on the press reviews has been lifted! Eagerly awaiting our in-house review!

Motoroids review - Link

Some excerpts:

The space in the Mobilio’s third row isn’t as much as the Ertiga, though it more than makes up for it by offering a decent sized boot with all three rows of seats up.
So, will they keep their legs in the boot space while sitting in the third row?
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 21:41   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
So, will they keep their legs in the boot space while sitting in the third row?

That tilts my decision to go with Ertiga, even without seeing the Mobilio!
BTW, Maruti doesn't seem so much worried about Mobilio launch. Ertiga had a 20K discount, which is now only 15K.
Old 8th July 2014, 01:28   #518
BHPian

I just checked the link from motoroids which is posted here. Exterior looks pretty good.I seriously feel that the quality of seats has been compromised , the middle row seats looks very skinny.The false wood around the speedometer is an eye sore as it is not jelling well with the blue dials.
The look alike console from Amaze is definitely a disappointment as most of them have already pointed out. All these clearly show that Honda has saved on $$$$ to keep the car appealing to the buyer on the cost factor. However I somehow feel that Honda would not be able to make a dent in the sales of Ertiga , in the same magnitude that they managed penetrate into the market to dent the competition with the Honda City.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 8th July 2014, 04:33   #519
BHPian

The more sportier Mobilio RS will be something to lookout for. Possible India launch was stated September/ October on the ndtv site.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-150818.jpg

Last edited by Stratos : 8th July 2014 at 08:42.
Old 8th July 2014, 07:02   #520
BHPian

Renault India has already started trial production of their MPV, Lodgy. The launch may happen in December or January-15. Those who are not in hurry can wait.!
MaxTorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 08:19   #521
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
I just checked the link from motoroids which is posted here. Exterior looks pretty good.I seriously feel that the quality of seats has been compromised , the middle row seats looks very skinny.The false wood around the speedometer is an eye sore as it is not jelling well with the blue dials.
The look alike console from Amaze is definitely a disappointment as most of them have already pointed out. All these clearly show that Honda has saved on $$$$ to keep the car appealing to the buyer on the cost factor. However I somehow feel that Honda would not be able to make a dent in the sales of Ertiga
I'll repeat what I said, making a dent on sales of Ertiga is slightly difficult unless prices are on par with Ertiga. I don't think prices will be lower by any margin.

Dashboard and the faux wood is nothing to write home about. Lesser I say, better it is.

Cost cutting is heavy just to keep prices down and profits better, not blaming Honda to follow this mentality as they too have come for business and money making but there are 'certain' parts in a car that should not be comprised. Leaves a sour feel overall.

Let's see the market response and wait for our Official Review.

Anurag.
Old 8th July 2014, 09:03   #522
Senior - BHPian

Got a mailer yesterday from HCIL on the "Win a Mobilio" contest. Click your Selfie in the all New Honda Mobilio & Get a chance to Win it

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-win-mobilio-contest.jpg

Here is the FB contest

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-win-mobilio-contest2.jpg
Old 8th July 2014, 09:21   #523
Senior - BHPian

Seriously but...no A.C.C. even in the VX variant? Am i reading it right? Honda definitely needs to price this one close to Ertiga. They always can take some premium considering the superb engine & honda reliability but how much is the question.

Besides, MSIL will most probably come back with a limited edition (or maybe a total revamp) of the Ertiga as soon as there is some feedback on how the bookings for Mobilio shore up.
Old 8th July 2014, 09:59   #524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I'll repeat what I said, making a dent on sales of Ertiga is slightly difficult unless prices are on par with Ertiga. I don't think prices will be lower by any margin.

Dashboard and the faux wood is nothing to write home about. Lesser I say, better it is.

Cost cutting is heavy just to keep prices down and profits better, not blaming Honda to follow this mentality as they too have come for business and money making but there are 'certain' parts in a car that should not be comprised. Leaves a sour feel overall.

Let's see the market response and wait for our Official Review.

Anurag.
Somehow I think otherwise. I think it will make a dent on the Ertiga sales. Remember the Ertiga is no Dzire. It hasn't set the sales charts on fire like the Dzire. You get nice discounts on Ertiga and the dealers are trying hard.

Going by initial impressions, both engines in Mobilio are stronger than Ertiga, both deliver as good FE if not better, Mobilio packaging is better with more space in middle row and bigger boot space. IMO both cars have an equally unusable 3rd row for full adults and are best suited for kids.

The Ertiga is now getting long in the tooth. It misses out on key features like climate control, bluetooth telephony and interiors with the sea of beige are getting boring. They need to refresh the Ertiga ASAP.

The Mobilio being a newer product will hit both Ertiga and maybe even Innova to a small extent I feel.
Old 8th July 2014, 10:12   #525
BHPian

Honda Mobilio Ad in today's TOI (Mumbai edition). It says bookings are open.

The best thing I liked in this Ad is the way headline appears "7 SEATER OF INDIA"
Name:  7 seater.png
Views: 1795
Size:  126.6 KB
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-honda-mobilio.png

Last edited by damager21 : 8th July 2014 at 10:16.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks