Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2014, 09:24   #421

Mobilio launch on July 23 ?

The latest edition of Autocar (July-14) has made a mention that the Mobilio will be launched on July 23 . This mention in made in the "Motoring advice" section on page 163 in response to a reader query on choosing between the Ertiga and the Mobilio.

Any confirmation from other sources?
Old 25th June 2014, 10:15   #422
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mobilio launch on July 23 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gops71 View Post
The latest edition of Autocar (July-14) has made a mention that the Mobilio will be launched on July 23 . This mention in made in the "Motoring advice" section on page 163 in response to a reader query on choosing between the Ertiga and the Mobilio.

Any confirmation from other sources?
The Mobilio July Launch has been confirmed by the official Honda Mobilio website itself. Here is the link and the picture confirming that news ------> https://www.hondacarindia.com/mobilio/index.html

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-july-launch-official-website.jpg
Old 25th June 2014, 12:07   #423
BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Interiors of the mobilio can act as a dealbreaker for me, but the engine of the ertiga wont. As simple as that. Perhaps a bit of low end response will be lost in the ertiga when compared to Mobilio.
Good point, but for me it is the other way. I don't mind the interiors, but the low end response is a deal breaker for me. If Mobilio offers better ride compared to Ertiga and about 20 to 40K more than Ertiga zxi price for the top variant, then I think many buyers will forgive the basic interior of Mobilio.
Old 25th June 2014, 12:09   #424
Senior - BHPian

Its a funny ad for sure. But its very long, 2:34 minutes to be precise, so doubt how much they will show on the TV. Will be a very costly affair to air such a lengthy ad on the Television channels. Looks like Honda is gearing up strongly to fight with Ertiga. I guess they should have worked more on their interiors which could have fetched them more customers
Old 25th June 2014, 14:41   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The Mobilio July Launch has been confirmed by the official Honda Mobilio website itself. Here is the link and the picture confirming that news ------> https://www.hondacarindia.com/mobilio/index.html

Attachment 1253925
"Honda's Stylish 7 seater "

it really amuses me. Almost everyone has expressed displeasure on the interior of the Mobilio and Honda proudly says "Stylish" ?
Old 25th June 2014, 15:40   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

"Honda's Stylish 7 seater "

it really amuses me. Almost everyone has expressed displeasure on the interior of the Mobilio and Honda proudly says "Stylish" ?
They probably mean the exterior. I like it's looks from outside which is definitely better than Ertiga and innova. But, interiors are a different story and might be deal breaker for people like me.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 17:10   #427
BANNED

Quote:
The Mobilio July Launch has been confirmed by the official Honda Mobilio website itself. Here is the link and the picture confirming that news
Even more than Honda themselves you seem to be following the Mobilio more.

I know your search for a people mover is strong but I guess you don't close the Honda website and keep refreshing it to get any updates. I feel Honda should give you the launch pass first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
"Honda's Stylish 7 seater"

it really amuses me. Almost everyone has expressed displeasure on the interior of the Mobilio and Honda proudly says "Stylish"?

Honda hasn't read this thread else they would have changed the title of the same!

But I agree with harry10, the Mobilio looks good on the outside but the inside is, better not type words for it. I want the 'RS' version front slats and plain-simple looking alloys rather than those fan-blade/generator blades that are currently provided.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 09:28   #428

Quote:
The Mobilio July Launch has been confirmed by the official Honda Mobilio website itself. Here is the link and the picture confirming that news ------>
But was the date 23rd mentioned anywhere ?
Old 26th June 2014, 11:05   #429
Senior - BHPian

As per the news report published in cartoq, the launch date of the Mobilio have been finalized as 23rd July 2014. I believe the media drive will happen well before the launch.

http://www.cartoq.com/video-honda-mo...a-july-launch/
Old 26th June 2014, 11:31   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

First ad for the Mobilio.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 12:19   #431
Senior - BHPian

A seven seater and "stylish"? Huh! But yes, externally it looks way better than Innova/Ertiga/Xylo. If only they can fix that eyesore dashboard then , it CAN be a stylish car, for a 7-seater, that is.
Old 26th June 2014, 12:27   #432
Senior - BHPian

A 7 seater MPV is supposed to be used for long highway drive's and spending long time in the car hence it should have refined interiors. Mobilo's dash lifted from the Brio is a total eye sore. It looks too small and bare bone's. A complete deal breaker for me. If I had to buy a MPV at these prices, it would be the Ertiga for me even if Mobilo is 50K LESS then the Maruti.
Old 26th June 2014, 12:33   #433
Team-BHP Support

I guess the early owners will be punished with the drab interiors. Then 2 - 3 yrs later there will be a mid life facelift / refresh to liven up the product and subsequent owners might be blessed with more acceptable interiors. Kind of like they did with the 3rd Gen Honda City.

Toyota are the only ones who seem to have mastered the art of making their Innova look worse with every stage of nip & tuck.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 12:41   #434
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

While the interiors being a lift from the Brio and Amaze is indeed quite disheartening but do keep in mind that this has been the norm in the MPV segment.

The Ertiga uses the dash same as Dzire and Swift. It's a good Dzire but just painted beige including the steering wheel!!

The Innova never had good interiors. Plastics were rock hard and it was boring. The Qualis was even worse.

The Duster's sore point has been the interior quality and even Ecosport has received brickbats for the plastic quality used.

As long as the Mobilio can deliver on space, comfort, performance and FE people are going to live with the interiors. It's seriously not a deal breaker if the rest of the package is up to it.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 18:58   #435
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
As long as the Mobilio can deliver on space, comfort, performance and FE people are going to live with the interiors. It's seriously not a deal breaker if the rest of the package is up to it.

Thanks for that heartening post Vid !

To add further, I saw the interiors of the Amaze in the flesh from close quarters today. I felt that it is not that bad after all.

I personally feel that the dash is not photogenic, but it looks OK in the flesh. But I still hope Honda makes it a bit more premium looking at the earliest refresh opportunity. It will give customers a great looking product inside out. I gave this telephonic feedback already to the straight toned lady (or was it a computer ) who talked to me as part of the Honda Mobilio feedback exercise yesterday.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks