Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2014, 21:49   #271
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Dashboard only will take away lot of potential customers away from Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Quite true.

But yes, they do need to improve on this aspect.
For the dashboard design is a deal-breaker. I can accept that dash design Fir the Brio and last four the Amaze but NOT for the Mobilio. This car needs a plush designed + good looking one to speak customers from the Ertiga and Innova. IMO the best dash award goes to the Ertiga without a doubt.

Honda has to do something on this aspect badly.

Anurag.
Old 22nd May 2014, 22:18   #272
BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Got a call from Honda India today and the lady on the phone asked me about any feedback for Honda Mobilio. I mentioned about the dash board quality being on the lower side and possible high NVH. No info on the pricing range and she said the launch will be around June or July. She also asked the details about my existing car and the no.of family members and when I would be willing to buy the Mobilio when its launched. I said I will book it the moment the bookings are opened by the dealer.

Last edited by samabhi : 22nd May 2014 at 22:20. Reason: Adding more details
Old 22nd May 2014, 22:31   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

More than the colour of the dashboard, its the design methodology. Honda has reduced the number of pieces used to put together the dashboard in order to cut costs. If you notice, the glove box lid acts as the entire trim for the passenger footwell. Similarly, the area around AC vents and central console have less a single panel. Hence, this reduces the amount of detail that can be implemented. The Ertiga has an upper panel, a middle panel which continues across the dash and a lower panel. Even the central console has far more bits which makes it look miles ahead of the Mobilio. A black dash, but with well cut lines flowing across, something like that of the Latest City will definitely do justice to the price at which the car sells. Even the instrument panel looks simplistic compared to the Ertiga which has a beautiful one IMO with a detailed MID too. So as posted above, this kind of interiors will be suitable for the Brio or even the Amaze, but definitely not the Mobilio.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:06   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Quite true.

I wonder how an all beige dashboard would look. Could anyone do the digital color editing and put up the results please?

If the all beige dash turns out better looking, it would be the easiest short term fix, probably. But yes, they do need to improve on this aspect.
Nothing against current Amaze / Brio owners, but i think dashboard itself is boring in terms of design. Its not very attractive and has a feel of low end car IMHO. Just giving it in beige color will not change its dullness or charm. It may feel better than current boring color, but not sure
Old 23rd May 2014, 15:45   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Got a call from Honda India today and the lady on the phone asked me about any feedback for Honda Mobilio. I mentioned about the dash board quality being on the lower side and possible high NVH. No info on the pricing range and she said the launch will be around June or July. She also asked the details about my existing car and the no.of family members and when I would be willing to buy the Mobilio when its launched. I said I will book it the moment the bookings are opened by the dealer.
Really ? - Is honda taking feedback now ? If the find 100 customers complaining about the dashboard, would they re-engineer it now - highly unlikely. Not sure what the effort is now, to take feedback.

They could redesign a new dashboard for their brio/amaze/mobilio facelift. That is the earliest i could think of
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 15:50   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Really ? - Is honda taking feedback now ? If the find 100 customers complaining about the dashboard, would they re-engineer it now - highly unlikely. Not sure what the effort is now, to take feedback.

They could redesign a new dashboard for their brio/amaze/mobilio facelift. That is the earliest i could think of
May be to just get the feel of the market for Mobilio. I felt, the way the questions were framed is more on getting an idea about the interest generated for Mobilio and the potential market for it, once its launched.

But if they are seriously considering to take the feedback and improve the car, we have every reason to feel good about it.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 12:38   #277
Senior - BHPian

Friends it seems Honda has started inviting Auto journals and Auto media for the test drive of the Mobilio for the impending July launch. The June-2014 edition of Autocar India is going to carry the extensive review of the Mobilio. Refer the snapshot of the June edition below, also refer the highlighted portion. My humble query to TBHP moderators, was TBHP invited for the Mobilio test drive? If yes then when can we expect the Mobilio Review to be up and running?

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-autocar-india-report-mobilio.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 13:20   #278
BHPian

The media drives will be held on the first week of July. Confirmed by the company.
notjustshrawan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 13:43   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustshrawan View Post
The media drives will be held on the first week of July. Confirmed by the company.
If that is the case then how come ACI is able to publish the exclusive first drive of the Mobilio in their June-14 edition of the magazine. June edition will hit the stands by end of May or June first week. It means ACI was able to lay their hands on the Mobilio within May itself. Does ACI get some special privilege and is invited by car companies for test drives well before the media drives are started?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 15:13   #280
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
If that is the case then how come ACI is able to publish the exclusive first drive of the Mobilio in their June-14 edition of the magazine. June edition will hit the stands by end of May or June first week. It means ACI was able to lay their hands on the Mobilio within May itself. Does ACI get some special privilege and is invited by car companies for test drives well before the media drives are started?
I guess they would have gone out of India to get the Exclusive Drive of the Mobilio just the way they did with the Suzuki SX4 S-Cross.

I guess the June'14 edition will be on stands by the 28th to 30th May.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 15:47   #281
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
June edition will hit the stands by end of May or June first week. It means ACI was able to lay their hands on the Mobilio within May itself. Does ACI get some special privilege and is invited by car companies for test drives well before the media drives are started?
AutoIndian, I think so too. I guess the keywords are "exclusive first drive" as the caption on the ACI cover you have posted states. I guess ACI must have pestered Honda for a sneak peek at the Mobilio, and they must have been rewarded with a brief first drive of a pre-production variant within the factory premises or on the factory test track.

The regular test drive event for the media must be in July as stated by notjustshrawan (Shrawan Raja of IndianAutosBlog? Nice to see you here, pal! ) I guess IAB would have received a media invitation to the event, and hence he is sure about when the media drive event is going to take place.

The "exclusive first drive" could be a special perk given to ACI. Or they could have gone to SE Asia as suggested by a4anurag.

Last edited by RSR : 24th May 2014 at 15:58.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 19:35   #282
Senior - BHPian

Another test drive review, this is from Autocar Indonesia:

http://www.autocarindonesia.com/auto...ta-372545.aspx

Again, the review is good on the space, features and engine, but harsh on the suspension and interior quality. But the reviewer says the suspension is comparable to others in same class ! A bit confusing. Waiting for the review from Indian roads.
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 23:24   #283
Senior - BHPian

I'm not so sure that the Mobilo is going to be more expensive than the Ertiga. The brio is way cheaper than the swift, the amaze is more or less at par with the Dzire and why would then the Mobilo be priced more than the Ertiga? Just because it's a few mm longer? Honda is been in India too long to make this sort of mistake. When the automobile market is as slow as the current scenario, and when even the Ertiga is on a 25k to 50k discount, it would be a grave error from Honda to price the Mobilo higher than the Ertiga.
Old 25th May 2014, 23:35   #284
Senior - BHPian

Autocar has tested the Mobilio in Jakarta, Indonesia and NOT in india. The registration and pictures confirm this.

There interesting read is that it mentions Honda might offer a newly designed dashboard for the Indian market.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 23:49   #285
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Just because it's a few mm longer? Honda is been in India too long to make this sort of mistake. When the automobile market is as slow as the current scenario, and when even the Ertiga is on a 25k to 50k discount, it would be a grave error from Honda to price the Mobilo higher than the Ertiga.
Hope Honda thinks the same way and either prices it lesser than the Ertiga or equal it. Knowing Honda they will price it a minimum 50-70K higher than the Ertiga to milk the cow.

The Mobilio commands:

>> Better engine (1.5L i-DTEC)
>> Better space (As per pictures shared so far)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Autocar has tested the Mobilio in Jakarta, Indonesia and NOT in india. The registration and pictures confirm this.

There interesting read is that it mentions Honda might offer a newly designed dashboard for the Indian market.
That is known fact that Autocar goes way out to get such exclusive drives of cars to be launched in India (no harm though). The SX4 S-Cross was I think tested in UK.

Can someone post the newly designed dashboard and what are the changes with respect to the Brio's dash. I am confused as to hy Honda would not offer a fresh design on a new car that is to be launched which can be carried forward to the Brio and Amaze later on.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks