Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2014, 21:00   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
So I guess the Mobilio, despite being heavier, may respond adequately, in comparison. Again, just my guess

Interesting to wait and watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
I think he specifically mentioned it was the i-Dtec motor which is the same for all three models.
Hello mooza, what drpudhi has mentioned in quite right. I am only referring to the i-Dtec, which is common to City, Amaze & Mobilio (hopefully). As we already know the City diesel boasts the highest mileage in its category. I am wondering how come a 105 kilo heavier City (as compared to the Amaze) can deliver a higher mileage of 26 kmpl (the 6th gear must be definitely helping here). I don't mind the Mobilio having a lesser ARAI rated mileage, but then it must have a very good low end torque (in the leagues of Innova) as for a people move that is a must.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 19:47   #182
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thanks @Drpudhi and @AutoIndian for the correction, I guess I got carried away with the petrol Mobilio, on which I have trained my sights
Old 21st March 2014, 20:04   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
^^ Thanks @Drpudhi and @AutoIndian for the correction, I guess I got carried away with the petrol Mobilio, on which I have trained my sights
No worries mate , it happens. You have trained your eyes on the petrol variant and so have I on the diesel one.
Old 2nd April 2014, 22:28   #184
BHPian

I recently drove a friend's Brio and was appalled at the interior quality and also with the exterior thin metal sheets. Considering that Mobilio is based on Brio's platform and interiors are more likely to be the same, its only USP is going to be the interior space and the class leading diesel engine.

I can live with the low quality interiors, but deeply concerned about the overall safety as I was seriously planning to buy mobilio this year.
Old 2nd April 2014, 23:48   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
I recently drove a friend's Brio and was appalled at the interior quality and also with the exterior thin metal sheets. Considering that Mobilio is based on Brio's platform and interiors are more likely to be the same, its only USP is going to be the interior space and the class leading diesel engine.

I can live with the low quality interiors, but deeply concerned about the overall safety as I was seriously planning to buy mobilio this year.
Me too - I might buy the Mobilio this year / early next year. Mobilio has 3 AC vents, Fixed head rests, Thinner seats and bare bones dashboard to name a few compared to Segment leader Ertiga.

I noticed in pictures that boot space appears to be more than Ertiga and also the 1.5 Earth dreams engine producing 118 ish BHP compared to 90 ish of the 1.3 DDIS. It is a wait and watch game to see what Mobilio offers over and above Ertiga other than badge and space.
Old 3rd April 2014, 08:15   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Me too - I might buy the Mobilio this year / early next year. Mobilio has 3 AC vents, Fixed head rests, Thinner seats and bare bones dashboard to name a few compared to Segment leader Ertiga.
Scopriobharath, you have perfectly pointed out the major shortcomings of the Mobilio. Besides the above, thin metal sheets, higher NVH in the diesel are a couple of others , which I can think of .

Quote:
I noticed in pictures that boot space appears to be more than Ertiga and also the 1.5 Earth dreams engine producing 118 ish BHP compared to 90 ish of the 1.3 DDIS. It is a wait and watch game to see what Mobilio offers over and above Ertiga other than badge and space.
Definitely boot space is more in the Mobilio. The major reason for this is that Mobilio is almost 5 inches longer than the Ertiga and besides that clever packaging by Honda. A minor correction on the engine power. The iDtec Earth dreams engine produces 100 ps power and 200 Nm torque, whereas the iVtec produces 118 ps.

Edit: Just 2 days back I got a call from Carwale about my online enquiry. I casually asked the person about the probable launch date of Mobilio and he said the launch would happen somewhere in the month of May'14. Though I would take it with a pinch of salt, I tend to believe him, because on another thread fellow TBHPian, RavenAvi had mentioned that the Tapukara plant of Honda is scheduled to start the Mobilio production from end of April'14. Given that how aggressive Honda has gone with the City production, Mobilio can hit the showrooms by May'14

Last edited by AutoIndian : 3rd April 2014 at 08:26.
Old 3rd April 2014, 08:25   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
bare bones dashboard
Dashboard feels just about average in Brio, feels too small and out of place in the sedan (Amaze), and my guess is that it will look even worse in a big MPV like Mobilio.

Not to mention the quality, and the poor choice of colours on those plastics!
Old 3rd April 2014, 08:46   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Scopriobharath, you have perfectly pointed out the major shortcomings of the Mobilio. Besides the above, thin metal sheets, higher NVH in the diesel are a couple of others , which I can think of .

Given that how aggressive Honda has gone with the City production, Mobilio can hit the showrooms by May'14
Thin metal sheets are a serious concern. How much protection they can offer to the passengers? I felt my 2009 i10 has better build quality when compared to brio and I don't think it will change anything with mobilio.

Has anyone seen mobilio in person can comment on that?

And if at all they get it to showrooms by May, it will be great. I can't wait. In spite of all those shortcomings it is going to be a great product.
Old 3rd April 2014, 18:12   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thin metal sheets are a serious concern. How much protection they can offer to the passengers? I felt my 2009 i10 has better build quality when compared to brio and I don't think it will change anything with mobilio.

Crash tests on the product were being planned some time ago. I wonder whether the results are available. :

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/07/h...ean-ncap-89931
Old 3rd April 2014, 19:06   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

Definitely boot space is more in the Mobilio. The major reason for this is that Mobilio is almost 5 inches longer than the Ertiga and besides that clever packaging by Honda. A minor correction on the engine power. The iDtec Earth dreams engine produces 100 ps power and 200 Nm torque, whereas the iVtec produces 118 ps.

Edit: Just 2 days back I got a call from Carwale about my online enquiry. I casually asked the person about the probable launch date of Mobilio and he said the launch would happen somewhere in the month of May'14. Though I would take it with a pinch of salt, I tend to believe him, because on another thread fellow TBHPian, RavenAvi had mentioned that the Tapukara plant of Honda is scheduled to start the Mobilio production from end of April'14. Given that how aggressive Honda has gone with the City production, Mobilio can hit the showrooms by May'14
Thank you - The magic number for the number of blowers in the rear should be 4. 3 blowers will create a fight on whose face the AC should be directed on a peak summer chennai afternoon.

Still 100 ps is 10 ps more than Ertiga

I would say June end is more lookable for when pricing would be announced and bookings would start. They might display Mobilio in some malls at the very best in May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Dashboard feels just about average in Brio, feels too small and out of place in the sedan (Amaze), and my guess is that it will look even worse in a big MPV like Mobilio.

Not to mention the quality, and the poor choice of colours on those plastics!
Yep - I too dont like the Dash and especially that light pinkish color of the bezel. the ICE system looks like ones in the 80s. Ertiga or even enjoy's looks much better.

Quote:

Has anyone seen mobilio in person can comment on that?

And if at all they get it to showrooms by May, it will be great. I can't wait. In spite of all those shortcomings it is going to be a great product.
The thickness of metal used is not going to matter much in a crash. Crumple zones, impact absorbing points and safety features like Airbags etc would ensure minimal impacts to occupants. IF sheet metal thickness was a concern, XUV would not have used fibre front fenders at all

Last edited by scopriobharath : 3rd April 2014 at 19:08.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 15:19   #191
Team-BHP Support

Honda will build the Mobilio MPV at its Greater Noida plant. Production starts in June 2014 and the plant is expected to roll out about 45,000 units of the car annually. The Jazz will built at the company's new plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan. Production starts in July and annually, 20,000 units will be built.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Source: Autocar Professional
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 16:17   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL - Mobilio is expected to be priced at a 50K premium at the very least over he Ertiga just for the "H" badge..
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I doubt Honda would do that. They followed a very conservative approach with Amaze and I expect them to do the same with Mobilio as well - Price it at par.
The Amaze was the very first release with the i-DTEC Engine and hence the lower pricing. For the Honda City, they definitely added a higher price tag in comparison with the earlier segment leader: Hyundai Verna Fluidic. The i-DTEC V trim that I went for was easily 75 K more as compared to the Verna SX Trim - which would be the models comparable in terms of features. So, I would tend to agree with scopriobharath here that they will possibly price it with a premium. The other reason for them to price it higher is that they are already selling too well - the demand is way more than supply.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 16:40   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The Amaze was the very first release with the i-DTEC Engine and hence the lower pricing. For the Honda City, they definitely added a higher price tag in comparison with the earlier segment leader: Hyundai Verna Fluidic. The i-DTEC V trim that I went for was easily 75 K more as compared to the Verna SX Trim - which would be the models comparable in terms of features. So, I would tend to agree with scopriobharath here that they will possibly price it with a premium...
Amaze screams BUDGET from every angle and there was NO way Honda could price it better than Dzire which has much better interiors. And I think Amaze has lost the plot in such a short time by pricing at par with Dzire, looking at the low sales and off-the-shelf availability.

With City, the interior quality is definitely at par with the competition, better space and hence they placed it at a premium. I doubt whether they had any reason to price a premium for the engine alone which is NOT as refined or powerful like most of the competition except the FE claim.

I doubt Mobilio with it's budget interiors priced at a premium against Ertiga will work out in favor of Honda.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th April 2014 at 16:44.
Old 5th April 2014, 16:54   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Amaze screams BUDGET from every angle and there was NO way Honda could price it better than Dzire which has much better interiors. And I think Amaze has lost the plot in such a short time by pricing at par with Dzire, looking at the low sales and off-the-shelf availability.

With City, the interior quality is definitely at par with the competition, better space and hence they placed it at a premium. I doubt whether they had any reason to price a premium for the engine alone which is NOT as refined or powerful like most of the competition except the FE claim.

I doubt Mobilio with it's budget interiors priced at a premium against Ertiga will work out in favor of Honda.
Agreed - I have been following the Amaze thread here and people seem to complain the lack of basic features such as a joystick for the rear view, charging ports etc.

But has Amaze lost the plot? Very debatable - that has been a point of argument when we were discussing the sales for Feb 2014 as well on the other thread here: URL. The numbers are small when compared with Dzire but on its own the numbers being clocked by Amaze result in the car being close to the Top 10 across all segments.

Given the current success Honda is enjoying, I am guessing they will price it at Premium. Any ideas when they are going to Launch the Mobilio in India - any dates yet?

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 5th April 2014 at 16:56.
Old 5th April 2014, 20:08   #195
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Honda will build the Mobilio MPV at its Greater Noida plant. Production starts in June 2014 and the plant is expected to roll out about 45,000 units of the car annually. The Jazz will built at the company's new plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan. Production starts in July and annually, 20,000 units will be built.
45k cars annually for the Mobilio means they are targeting a sales number of 3750 per month, which should not be difficult to achieve.

Why only 20k cars annually for the Jazz? This means an average dispatch rate of only 1667 cars per month. This sounds quite low for a car with so much potential. Are they planning to repeat the pricing strategy of its predecessor? I hope not!

Last edited by RSR : 5th April 2014 at 20:09.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks