Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:08   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
I was under the impression that Mobilio has been built on Amaze's platform. Was this derived from Brio then?
Yes, its all the same. Amaze was the sedan version of Brio. Now they are extending it for Mobilio. Similar to what Maruti did as well. However, unlike Maruti - they are putting the 1.5L engines - Mobilio will be much easier to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
And if by any chance, Honda gives the Mobilio's iDtec a VGT to churn out 118bhp, it'd be R.I.P. Innova & R.I.P. Ertiga !
I don't think they will, power is already pretty nice, and it will be a better performer compared to both Innova & Ertiga on both petrol and diesel engines. A VGT would increase costs, and i am sure Honda would want to keep it at a low premium over Ertiga.

Quote:
Like, Ertiga is based on Ritz. It could've been based on Swift/SX4 atleast. Even though Chevy isn't doing well, it gets away selling us its Chinese designed Enjoy!
Ritz design liberates more space than Swift - so in my humble opinion - thats a good thing for Ertiga.

On SX4 - that would be a more expensive proposition - and i am sure that is planned at a higher price point. The challenge is Maruti doesn't have a higher capacity diesel engine and the current 1.3D struggles on a full load at low speeds due to turbo lag. They would need the 1.6D from Fiat to drive this. I am sure they approached Fiat, and they would be asking for a lot of money - considering Maruti has no alternatives.

But if a 1.6D SX4 based 7 seater crossover comes out - it would be a great thing for the market - and the worst hit would be Mahindra! It will be a Maruti, so good reliability and a reasonable ownership costs would come with it. They could easily make it a super success.

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd May 2014 at 15:04. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/Multi-quote instead of typing successive posts within 30 minutes.
SkyWalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:33   #242
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Honda would want to keep it at a low premium over Ertiga.
I dont think so - Honda would say that Mobilio is longer than Ertiga and offers better boot space with all 3 rows in place, and not to mention the better iDTEC compared to the 1.3MJD.

Honda will price the Mobilio at 1 lac minimum premium compared to the Ertiga.
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:50   #243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I dont think so - Honda would say that Mobilio is longer than Ertiga and offers better boot space with all 3 rows in place, and not to mention the better iDTEC compared to the 1.3MJD.

Honda will price the Mobilio at 1 lac minimum premium compared to the Ertiga.
Couldn't agree more with you. The ZDi variant of Ertiga costs 11L in Hyderabad so 1 lakh more would be possible but it would be better if the pricing is kept close to the Ertiga with a maximum difference of 50-60K.

If such difference is kept then watch the fun in the market and how the Ertiga would receive discount offers or some more usable features.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 17:36   #244
Senior - BHPian

12L for a Mobilio! I slightly doubt people would accept that. IMHO Ertiga has maxxed out the premium in that segment. No wonder its not selling like others in the Maruti stable. For Mobilio, even 50k Premium over Ertiga may become unacceptable.

For 13L you'd get a 'proper' MUV like a Top End Xylo. These are the prices in Bangalore :
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-capture.jpg

Edit : Even if you consider the H8 Variant, it'd be ~12L OTR for a XYLO. Why'd anyone buy a car thats essentially, IMO, a compromise.

Edit 2 : Honda surely cannot afford a market dud when its newly coming up with a factory.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 2nd May 2014 at 17:50.
GrammarNazi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 17:53   #245
BANNED

Quote:
12L for a Mobilio! I slightly doubt people would accept that. IMHO Ertiga has maxxed out the premium in that segment. No wonder its not selling. Even 50k Premium is too much.
Picked the figures from the official review: The Innova is available from 9.8L to 15L ex-showroom so expect prices to be in between 11L - 17L OTR (Base variant to top-end variant). Correct?!

When customers buy the Innova like no other car is available, why can't the Mobilio sell? The Mobilio may not set the charts on fire but sell at least half is what numbers the Innova generates?

Anurag.
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:21   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No wonder its not selling like others in the Maruti stable. For Mobilio, even 50k Premium over Ertiga may become unacceptable.
Why would a 5+7 MUV sell at par with other Maruti cars? You expect the Ertiga to do 10-15k Per month? That may never happen for various reasons.

The requirement for an MUV from buyers will come based on various needs and someone like me too.

For an all time 4 (or 5) seater, they will be good enough with a spacious hatch or Sedan anyways and hence you see how Swift or Dzire is selling in such numbers consistently.

At a healthy 5-6k Per month consistently, the Ertiga's numbers surely do not reflect poor performance from an MUV perspective at all. In fact, it sells more than Scoropio, XUV or even Xylo only because the buyers don't need what these 3 models offer.

What would matter now is the fact that how will Ertiga be able to sustain these figures after the launch of Mobilio which in all sense seems like a winner if priced well.

Quote:
For 13L you'd get a 'proper' MUV like a Top End Xylo. These are the prices in Bangalore :
Exactly what I meant above. Paying 2 Lac more there are many who would settle for more space, more power and Bigger displacement. These options will always be more attractive for someone who needs an all time spacious 7 seater with Boot space.

For those who are need the +2 occasionally, will pick the Ertiga or the Enjoy or the Mobilio based on how much they can stretch.

Last edited by paragsachania : 2nd May 2014 at 18:26.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:54   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Picked the figures from the official review: The Innova is available from 9.8L to 15L ex-showroom so expect prices to be in between 11L - 17L OTR (Base variant to top-end variant). Correct?!
Nope. AFAIK it ranges from 12.5 - 18.75L in Bangalore
If Ex-SR is 15L, Taxn is at ~20% + Insurance = 18L+ in B'lore (Innova VX - ABS)(And theres also another absurd top end ZX variant at >18.5L)

Quote:
When customers buy the Innova like no other car is available, why can't the Mobilio sell? The Mobilio may not set the charts on fire but sell at least half is what numbers the Innova generates?

Anurag.
True, but half of Innova numbers is just ~2700 units. IMO Honda would definitely aim for 7-8K units i.e. attracting the Ertiga & Enjoy customers.

And thus, IMO pricing Mobilio at par with the Ertiga would assure Honda with such volumes.

Rgds

Edit :

Quote:
12L for a Mobilio! ...

Edit : Even if you consider the H8 Variant, it'd be ~12L OTR for a XYLO. Why'd anyone buy a car thats essentially, IMO, a compromise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
...Exactly what I meant above. Paying 2 Lac more there are many who would settle for more space, more power and Bigger displacement. These options will always be more attractive for someone who needs an all time spacious 7 seater with Boot space.

For those who are need the +2 occasionally, will pick the Ertiga or the Enjoy or the Mobilio based on how much they can stretch.
Was talking about the Mobilio & Xylo being priced at par (if we consider the H8 Variant of Xylo for 12L OTR). Anyway

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 2nd May 2014 at 19:16. Reason: clarified
Old 2nd May 2014, 19:07   #248
BANNED

Quote:
True, but half of Innova numbers is just ~2700 units. IMO Honda would definitely aim for 7-8K units i.e. attracting the Ertiga & Enjoy customers.
Initially the sales will be high but once things settle down I'll be happy if it sells half of what Innova does. You can't predict the market nor can you predict Toyota and Honda. Hope I am proved wrong and the Mobilio sells better than the Innova, only then will Innova get better (by performance) and cheaper.

Anurag.
Old 3rd May 2014, 17:18   #249
Senior - BHPian

As much as I'd hoped that Mobilio would tick all the right boxes for a proper MPV, I have to admit I'm disappointed with what they've made with it. When Honda mentioned they're prototyping an MPV, I was excited but Mobilio misses out on 2 basic requirements:
i) It's as wide as the Brio. Compete with an Innova? I rest my case.
ii) It's low slung as an estate car. The GC is not that of an MPV. What were you thinking Honda?

There are others I could mention like the spartan interiors and the cartoon eyed front but those 2 glaring omissions are enough to dismiss it, unfortunately. Yes, I like the boot space and the engine but that's two small pluses among huge minuses when compared to the Innova.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 19:54   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
As much as I'd hoped that Mobilio would tick all the right boxes for a proper MPV, I have to admit I'm disappointed with what they've made with it. When Honda mentioned they're prototyping an MPV, I was excited but Mobilio misses out on 2 basic requirements:
i) It's as wide as the Brio. Compete with an Innova? I rest my case.
ii) It's low slung as an estate car. The GC is not that of an MPV. What were you thinking Honda?
I am totally with you and completely appreciate your point of view. However the above two points mentioned by you are not necessarily a concern for me. Even I would like to own the widest car available in the market today, but then wider the car (and bigger the tyres), greater is the turning radius. I would have loved to have a turning radius of 4.5m of the Brio or 4.7m of the Amaze on the Mobilio. However with bigger tyres the Mobilio manages to turn within 5.2m. Compare that to the 5.4m of Innova. I can slot the Innova in my apartment parking with great difficulty. The Mobilio would be a breeze in comparison.

Your second point, "low slung as an estate car" is indeed what Honda has been marketing at least in Indonesia. It is an LMPV, Low Multi Purpose Vehicle, to give you a sedan like feeling, but simultaneously being a people mover. I don't agree with your GC statement. The Indonesia specced Mobilio comes with a GC of 189mm (refer the picture below from the Indonesia brochure) for a wheebase of 2650mm. Now compare that with the 185mm GC of the Ertiga, which comes with a wheelbase of 2740. I doubt if any of the Ertiga owners at least here on TBHP have even complained on the GC of the Ertiga. Hence I have absolutely no worries on the GC of Mobilio. Just FYI Innova GC measures 176mm, though I believe this is the height of the rear wheel differential from the ground.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-gc-mobilio-indonesia.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
There are others I could mention like the spartan interiors and the cartoon eyed front but those 2 glaring omissions are enough to dismiss it, unfortunately. Yes, I like the boot space and the engine but that's two small pluses among huge minuses when compared to the Innova.
Regarding the spartan interiors, , but if they are functional and long lasting then I am OK with it. Again look wise I agree Honda could have done a better job in differentiating Mobilio from the Amaze, but then they want to share the platform and the parts bin to take advantage of economies of scale. I can live with such lacunae provided Honda passes on the cost benefits to the customer and prices the Mobilio very competitively as compared to the Ertiga.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 3rd May 2014 at 19:58.
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 22:50   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
12L for a Mobilio! I slightly doubt people would accept that. IMHO Ertiga has maxxed out the premium in that segment. No wonder its not selling like others in the Maruti stable. For Mobilio, even 50k Premium over Ertiga may become unacceptable.

Edit 2 : Honda surely cannot afford a market dud when its newly coming up with a factory.
I wish Honda price the mobilio on par with Ertiga but Honda would for sure encash on the premiumness of the H badge in India. Well, Xylo even though more feature loaded than Innova, sells lesser.
Quote:
Anurag.
Well, Mobilio will sell 60% as of Ertiga but still Honda would do profit. Even If priced at par with Ertiga, reduced features would add to Honda's profit not mentioning cost cutting like 5th steel wheel, 3 AC vents at the rear etc. Ultimately the price will be such that even if numbers are poor, profits will be high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
What would matter now is the fact that how will Ertiga be able to sustain these figures after the launch of Mobilio which in all sense seems like a winner if priced well.
Ertiga will continue to sell in the same numbers. The hit to Ertiga will be miniscule. Ertiga is still a VFM product compared to Mobilio with respect to price-features ratio. People whose wallet cannot stretch till Mobilio and need an LMPV will settle for Ertiga.
If at all Ertiga sales are impacted by the Mobilio, Maruti will launch a facelift and offer some features like climate control etc etc and make Ertiga more competitive. This may be one reason there is no facelift spotting even after 2 years of Ertiga's launch
Quote:
Initially the sales will be high but once things settle down I'll be happy if it sells half of what Innova does. You can't predict the market nor can you predict Toyota and Honda. Hope I am proved wrong and the Mobilio sells better than the Innova, only then will Innova get better (by performance) and cheaper.
Anurag.
Pricing will be on the higher side to offset lesser sales numbers in order to the meet profit numbers. Numbers would not bother. Ultimately profit would matter. Compare this with Ecosport. Profit comes from export, not indian sales. The fat profit margin on the Mobilio will offset lesser sale numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Mobilio comes with a GC of 189mm (refer the picture below from the Indonesia brochure) for a wheebase of 2650mm. Now compare that with the 185mm GC of the Ertiga

Regarding the spartan interiors, , but if they are functional and long lasting then I am OK with it. Again look wise I agree Honda could have done a better job in differentiating Mobilio from the Amaze, but then they want to share the platform and the parts bin to take advantage of economies of scale. I can live with such lacunae provided Honda passes on the cost benefits to the customer and prices the Mobilio very competitively as compared to the Ertiga.
GC would the last concern for most buyer folk. If at all, if someone is bothered about GC, "Rogerab" for 10K would restore the height, without voiding warranty.

Trust me - I don't think they will pass on the benefit to the customer. they will charge a premium just because they offer better space than Ertiga and a supposedly better iDTEC engine.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 3rd May 2014 at 22:54.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 13:27   #252
BANNED

Quote:
I wish Honda price the mobilio on par with Ertiga but Honda would for sure encash on the premiumness of the H badge in India. Well, Xylo even though more feature loaded than Innova, sells lesser.
+1. Why would leave the golden goose. Innova sells more due to word of mouth and is own goodness, 'T' badge and helps in raising the bar on reliability, FE and overall ownership. The Innova is NO compare, it will still sell!

Quote:
If at all Ertiga sales are impacted by the Mobilio, Maruti will launch a facelift and offer some features like climate control etc etc and make Ertiga more competitive. This may be one reason there is no facelift spotting even after 2 years of Ertiga's launch
I am already seeing discounts and offers on the Ertiga, even before the Mobilio is launched. After a month or so of launch of Mobilio, I am expecting a facelift of the Ertiga - More of chrome, ACC addition, some decals/stickering, fancy looking seat covers.

Quote:
GC would the last concern for most buyer folk. If at all, if someone is bothered about GC, "Rogerab" for 10K would restore the height, without voiding warranty.
GC if near to what Swift has is more than sufficient. I don't think there are issue will bottom scrapping at this level. No point in making it like the SX4 also at 190mm.

Quote:
Trust me - I don't think they will pass on the benefit to the customer. they will charge a premium just because they offer better space than Ertiga and a supposedly better iDTEC engine.
Till the first year or so u don't think price reduction would be seen not do u see the benefits transferring to the customer. The Mobilio or for that matter any new car will be milked nicely till break-even is achieved.

Anurag.
Old 4th May 2014, 22:48   #253
Senior - BHPian

With due courtesy to AutonetMagz, I am reproducing their Mobilio review published on 26th April 2014. With the help of Google translate, converting it from Indonesian language to English.

# Jakarta # AutonetMagz - After getting the type of Prestige Honda Mobilio A / T to our editors garage, it's not exciting if we do a review of the car is only modest, because in this review we tried a little harrowing LMPV (Low Multi Purpose Vehicle) is sensational to ferociously hilly road climbs and performance on the highway. Curious is not it? Let us examine directly the advantages and disadvantages of the Honda Mobilio.

eskterior

The front display is actually no different than a car like the Honda Brio is given a longer wheelbase and a tail, elevated and given cubication same machine with the Honda Jazz.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-grillhondamobilioprestige630x420.jpg

Fortunately Honda gives front detailing is quite interesting at the Honda Mobilio, so so looks a little different than the Brio. At Prestige we type test, its outer fog lamp get chrome accents.

The side of this car looks pretty okay though there is a fault line in the middle of the door is a little disturbing view, whereas the function of the basin at the side door to the feasibility of passengers when looking out the window. For type velgnya Prestige models look more luxurious with polished finishing (the other type only in silver paint) while still using the same size as the outer fog lamp, body side molding Prestige Honda Mobilio this type of chrome accents.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-sidebodymouldinghondamobilioprestige630x317.jpg

Unfortunate, because sharing a platform with the Honda Brio goes into LCGC car category, the Mobilio, there are some common plastic parts on the exterior seem cheap and frail like a door handle.

From the rear, the car looks very beautiful than any competitor in its class, thanks to a design that combines style Outlander Sport-style lights and bumper which has a line of black complete with ornaments and two reflector lamps such as the BMW X3, making it look very sexy.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-garnisbelakangchromehondamobilioprestige630x420.jpg

For Prestige types, there is a chrome garnish on the rear door complete with a parking camera.

Engines and Performance

This engine uses Honda engines L15Z1 different coded with the Honda Jazz and the Honda Freed L15A engine which uses code that is no longer used by the latest variant of the Honda. Strength was shrunk from 120 ps to 118 ps.

But that does not mean the worse, it is a Honda engine L15Z1 in the development of more advanced L15A, deliberately made ​​smaller power because power is more easily obtained lap down making it more efficient and saving fuel.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mesinhondamobilio630x354.jpg

i - VTEC was also also get revised so that it can play in the top round and bottom round at once . So do not be surprised when we try to touch the gas pedal a little bit of this car , its power immediately taste , but when we step on the gas pedal and spontaneous , the response was very poor due to its CVT transmission is not responsive . It's easy to accelerate from 0 to 60 km / h with this car , but after 60 km / h feels underpowered . Honda Mobilio should try to take a manual version to feel the performance .

The interesting thing to come from under the hood , but not the positive issues that we tried to describe , because when we look into the hood we will find the build quality of the car is very disappointing for a car costing nearly 200 million . Starting from the messy paint , seal and seal - body connection that seemed perfunctory , severely damaging the scenery, especially the battery size in the design ngepas can not be upgraded because of the absence of more space in the engine room of this car .

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobilioenginefinishing630x374.jpg

suspension

Honda seems a bit extreme to give a very sporty suspension on a car family. However, short-travel suspension at the front and rear wheels provide incredible performance when cornering, even at speeds over 60 km / hour we spoke this car cornering, body roll is still very minimal feels like a sports sedan.

Also need to be raised thumb wheel for driving accuracy although EPS (Electronic Power Steering) makes feelingnya bad as other cars, but according to our handling of this car is quite remarkable. A little note, this car has a pretty severe understeer because the tail is very long, so that when we turn to the high-speed tail 'ngebuang', it feels like the grip of the tires may disappear when cornering.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-suspensihondamobilio630x347.jpg

At high speeds , the car is still stable , even the most stable in its class because of the harsh suspension .

But for a family car , the car's suspension is arguably too hard , even harder than most other classmates LMPV . If Avanza using the suspension is too bouncy so too bouncy when going through bumpy roads , Honda Mobilio it feels too stiff so that shocks to the abdomen of passengers when passing bad roads with a rather high speed , such as passing a speed bump ( see video ) . Even the last row passengers bouncing several times and they hit the roof of the vehicle heads for the harsh suspension passes through uneven road .

Honda is trying to get out of the mainstream that the family car to be synonymous with comfort , but now Honda actually gives a very sporty suspension to sacrifice the comfort of the car .

interior

Entry into the front of the cabin it's the same Honda Mobilio into the Honda Brio Satya , ranging from the design and use of materials might make us illfeel dashboard when compared to its competitors . Even in comparison with Avanza , according to our dashboard design , utilities , materials used and finishing , Avanza much neater .

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-interiordashboardhondamobilioprestige630x420.jpg

But we need to appreciate that Honda Mobilio've tried to give the impression of luxury in this car's interior accents ranging from silver lining on the AC instrument and door panels are covered in plastic door trim throughout, because there is still a part of Honda Brio iron plate on the door that looks (to seen at Brio review here). But it seems still less lost ya!

Utilities on this car should also be enhanced, if earlier we know the Honda is a smart manufacturer in designing the dashboard and interior, this car is the opposite, where the storage and cup holders it was minimal, and the size is very small glove box in its class.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorearseatsize630x347.jpg

These car seats are used enough attention, in the front row, Honda gave the front seats are the same as the Honda Brio, the chair is very thin and very easy to order seat foam felt if we press with the finger. Although the occupied and have a comfortable driving position is good enough for a test driver with 170 cm height, front head rest this car can not be height adjustable, while the second and third row seats can be height adjustable.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-interiorjokhondamobilio630x420.jpg

The second and third row seats in the car is also quite unique , if Avanza add thickness to catch up to his seat Spin Chevrolet and Suzuki Ertiga , it comes with a Honda Mobilio seat foam is very thin and very elastic like a toy . The effect of leg room and rear middle passenger became very well and airy due to the use of very thin seat earlier , although we doubt the durability of the chair if used for a very long time . But while seats Honda Mobilio thin , but still comfortably occupied anyway .

And in all types of Honda Mobilio , we did not find a hand rest on the second row seats like Innova , Nissan Grand Livina and Suzuki Ertiga . But as a competitor , Honda Mobilio middle seat is equipped with a sliding .

accommodation

The most pleasant thing in the car is on the accommodation very relieved , though slender body with relatively short roof when seen from the outside , its interior turns into the most relieved so relieved even in class .

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-joktengahhondamobilio630x420.jpg

Middle and rear passengers will not feel collided head terpapas knee and headroom for short. Here we recognize the greatness of Honda designers.

Access to the car is also very easy with one-touch tumble seat, although not as wide as the Ertiga middle door, this car has been pretty easy for an MPV.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-bagasiluashondamobilio630x420.jpg

Baggage Car is arguably the most relief in its class, very relieved even compared to Toyota Innova though. Although the mechanism is still conventional folding chair Avanza, but the rear seats can be folded separately and have reclining.

kekedapan cabin

The first time we entered the cabin of this car and started the engine, it feels kekedapan cabin is very good car because the engine in idle position when the sound is minimal. But apparently this car is a horror to the problem kekedapan voice (can be seen in the video below).

Honda Mobilio brings to mind the first generation of Toyota Avanza minimal soundproofing, this car when it goes above 40 km / hour, the sound of the tires, the wind from under the car really feels fit into. Not only that, the sound from the outside like the sound of the motor and the sound of people talking very leaky because it has a rubber door 1 layer only (CMIIW, in a class that uses Mobilio LMPV only 1 layer of rubber door).

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-sealdoorhondamobilio630x347.jpg

Even when we try to play audio in 20 volumes ( not too loud ) , audio sound leaking out . So do not be surprised if you talk a little loud or others chatting in the car door , her voice will be heard quite clearly .

So what if the speed is over 100 km / h ? We think it may sound engine , tire and wind in the same car as kekedapan sound that occurs in the first generation Avanza . Avanza latest generation has been much better than the Honda Mobilio for soundproofing problems .

features

Honda Mobilio Prestige as the highest variant is equipped with the same safety equipment with Chevy Spin and Suzuki Ertiga , which brakes with ABS , dual SRS airbags and Immobillizer Key .

Featured entertainment at Prestige Honda Mobilio type already quite complete , touch screen head unit with 4 speakers Kenwood brand and the camera back in the car gives the impression that quite well . But unfortunately the location is too slanted to make the screen difficult to read when the sun is scorching . The location of the volume knob located on the left side also makes it feel a bit difficult to reach by the driver .

But compared with competitors, this car should be equipped with a driver seat height adjuster, seat belt height adjuster, steering audio controls, 2nd row arm rest and front driver's seat height adjustable head restnya.

Build Quality

Actually we rarely comment on the build quality of a vehicle, because the vehicle in Indonesia generally has the build quality is quite good, even some APM willing to build quality cars waiting for repairs to the base of the famous Indian market has the build quality under Indonesian market. But look at the build quality of Honda Mobilio is far from neat word makes us itch to criticize.

As the car is priced at nearly 200 million (for which our Prestige type this review), Honda's lack of control of the build quality of this car before it is sent to the customer, from the joints of the body behind the hood, door cracks, joints interior especially on the door trim, plastic-plastic on the interior walls, glove box, and the back door of this car feels Honda Indonesia should able to appreciate their customers better.

conclusion

Honda Mobilio given the slogan of many advantages many advantages, it also has many weaknesses and shortcomings. Honda Mobilio excellence and merit no relief on the interior space, the trunk is very spacious, seat configuration is easy, beautiful exterior design and stable handling suspension because it has a sporty character.

Then the weaknesses and shortcomings of this car is on the suspension is too harsh for a family car, the cabin damper poor, and the material that seem cheap interior design and build quality that should be improved again before being sent to the consumer.

For more details, see the second video review of the Honda Mobilio that we have made below.

Hopefully this time the reviews AutonetMagz can help provide insight to you before deciding to purchase a vehicle, the rest back to you the judge, where the car that best suits your budget and taste choices.

The original review can be found here ---> http://autonetmagz.com/review-honda-...h-video/14718/

Last edited by Aditya : 8th May 2014 at 12:38. Reason: Removing attachments that are not displaying
AutoIndian is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 23:38   #254
Senior - BHPian

Couple of pictures could not be appended to the above post (as my editing time went beyond the 30 mins window). Hence attaching those pictures below.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-dashboardhondamobilio630x420.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobilioplasticfinish630x326.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-reviewulasanhondamobilioindonesia630x420.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-speedometerhondamobilio728x485.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-jokkursidepanhondamobilio728x485.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-letakposisinomermesindannomorrangkahondamobilio728x485.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-doortrimbakledingpintubagasibelakanghondamobilio728x485.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliocommunityindonesia728x485.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-panelinstrumenpowerwindowhondamobilio120x120.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-speedometerhondamobilio120x120.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-jokkursidepanhondamobilio120x120.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-letakposisinomermesindannomorrangkahondamobilio120x120.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-doortrimbakledingpintubagasibelakanghondamobilio120x120.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-lampustoplampbelakanghondamobiliotipeecvt120x120.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-lampustoplampbelakanghondamobiliotipeecvt120x120.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliotipeeprestigewarnasilver120x120.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliocommunityindonesia120x120.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-panelinstrumenpowerwindowhondamobilio728x485.jpg  

AutoIndian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 00:54   #255
BHPian

AutoIndian +10 ^Thanks for that. REALLY helpful.

Initially I was of the opinion that everyone has their own priorities for an MPV, based on which I even enumerated a list of points. But after seeing the Mobilio's pics in the above review, I must confess that theres NO WAY I'd consider the Mobilio if its priced even slightly higher than Ertiga.

I'm disappointed looking at the absolutely dismal interiors - not only the dashboard but also the integrated headrests, the thin seats. The Everything.

(Honestly, to me the concept almost seems like that of a stretched Tata Nano with a 3rd bench!)

Externally, I see no design sense in this contraption. The front profile looks abysmal. The side profile too doesn't impress with that weird bulge in the center door-line. HOW on earth did they land up with this !

Knowing the build that Honda offers, I'm certain I'll NOT feel safe in the car. As much as the intellect is lectured about 'structural integrity' or how less the sheet metal thickness matters in the event of a crash, in this case my gut feeling simply doesn't concur. I'll never be able to convince myself even if it had a 5-star EuroNCAP crash test rating.

GrammarNazi's opinion, though initially seemed biased, now seems atleast partly sensible. If priced at 12Lacs, I would never choose the Mobilio. At 11Lacs, Ertiga has definitely maxed out the premium that this segment commands. M&M's Xylo may not sell as many units as the Innova, even with a plethora of features, but that (to me) would never justify giving this tin-box a chance over a 'proper' MUV.

I would STILL anyday buy Ertiga. It may not deliver 23kmpl, but to me 19kmpl is >sufficient! The rev-happy time-tested FIAT 1.3MJD engine is well-refined, the car is well insulated, the seats have separate head-rests (which AFAIK, is actually safety feature!).

I confess, the Xylo H8 (with ABS & Airbags) being in the vicinity of 1Lakh will definitely tempt me as my priorities are flexible (I guess its the same with quite a few people). I've test driven both, the experience of a Xylo is a different level altogether - opens various possibilities to me.

Anyway, I still have a few months to decide. Lets see.
WorkingGuru is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks