Old 9th March 2014, 20:57   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
^^ Nice catch showing all the colors !

The shade in gold looks good.

What would be your pick, fellow BHPians
My pick of the the lot would be the Urban Titanium (grey) or the brown, not sure if you are referring to the brown as gold.

Quote:
The boot space looks promising in this car. The boxy looks of the rear, present in so many MPVs, has been eliminated here with a nice flowing design.
The length of Mobilio is 4390mm & the bonnet is very short (similar to the Jazz). Hence it will give generous leg room for each of the three rows of seats & still have considerable space for the boot. No one else can manage the cabin space better than Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I think it will get the 6-speed gearbox as well, for reasons of weight and extracting the best out of the torque curve at low speeds and power curve at higher speeds.

On the light(er) Amaze, the i-DTEC gets the 5-speed box. But the petrol engine is the Brio's 1.2 i-VTEC and not the 1.5 i-VTEC found on the heavy (relatively speaking) City. So logically, if the Mobilio gets the City's 1.5 i-VTEC, then the diesel motor should be paired with the 6-speed 'box.
Your thought process seems quite logical. If Honda follows it & spruces up the interiors compared to the Amaze, then I am not going to look beyond Mobilio as my next car.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 22:23   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Your thought process seems quite logical. If Honda follows it & spruces up the interiors compared to the Amaze, then I am not going to look beyond Mobilio as my next car.
I am in the same boat. Per Mod Vidyut, the interiors are identical to Amaze/Brio. I has also asked a question on whether the interiors would be similar to the City.

If the amaze is similar to the Indonesian model, then Ertiga and even Enjoy seems more equipped and VFM compared to Mobilio.
Old 9th March 2014, 22:51   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
If the amaze is similar to the Indonesian model, then Ertiga and even Enjoy seems more equipped and VFM compared to Mobilio.
Pardon me, but I would like to differ over here. We don't have any information yet on the pricing of the Mobilio. We are assuming that it will have a 30-50K premium over the Ertiga. Even then (if we are comparing the diesels), Mobilio gives you a 1.5L mill compared to the 1.25L of the Ertiga & Enjoy. The space inside the Mobilio is far better than both the other cars. Mobilio gives you a 50:50 split 3rd row seat, none of the other two cars give that.

Last week I test drive the Enjoy & the whole dash, controls, interiors didn't feel worth a 9 lakh rupees car. Also the second row seat in Enjoy is very thin, with very little under thigh support. Ertiga boot space, the lesser said the better.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 9th March 2014 at 22:53.
Old 10th March 2014, 16:15   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pardon me, but I would like to differ over here. We don't have any information yet on the pricing of the Mobilio. We are assuming that it will have a 30-50K premium over the Ertiga. Even then (if we are comparing the diesels), Mobilio gives you a 1.5L mill compared to the 1.25L of the Ertiga & Enjoy. The space inside the Mobilio is far better than both the other cars. Mobilio gives you a 50:50 split 3rd row seat, none of the other two cars give that.

Last week I test drive the Enjoy & the whole dash, controls, interiors didn't feel worth a 9 lakh rupees car. Also the second row seat in Enjoy is very thin, with very little under thigh support. Ertiga boot space, the lesser said the better.
Then it is trade off between features and Space.

To the average Joe, 1.3 MJD and 1.5 iDTEC provide the same performance. the 1.5 mill might be helpful on the one-off situations where one might need to overtake.

I used to look forward to the Mobilio but things like poor ICE system / lack of MID / one less blower at the back (needed for Chennai summer) / fixed head rests seem less equipped compared to the Eritga. These specs are from Honda prospect motor indonesia site and i expect that Mobilio will be the same. The only change i see is cosmetic like availability of colors and some chrome bits thrown in. Going by trend, Mobilio top end would sport 4 alloys compared to 5 alloys of the Ertiga.

I am ready to live with poor ICE as we can anyway upgrade the factory system to Caska/Pioneer/JVC double Din HUs.

However as a trade off, Mobilio offers superior seating, higher seating and better boot space compared to Ertiga, not to mention the better brand image the H badge offers over the MS badge. I personally like black color and supposedly might be offered in india, by looking at the indonesian pictures, which Ertiga does NOT offer.

However i will defer my views till Honda releases an offical feature list and trims of the mobilio.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 10th March 2014 at 16:17. Reason: typos
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 20:17   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some pictures of the Mobilio from the website of Harga Honda, authorized Honda dealer in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Mobilio in six different colours
Dear Autoindian - Is the centre model's Color a Black or a deep blue?

the reason i am asking is because the Honda Indonesia Site does NOT seem to list black as a color for mobilio

Name:  Colors.bmp
Views: 16953
Size:  978.7 KB
Old 10th March 2014, 20:32   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Dear Autoindian - Is the centre model's Color a Black or a deep blue?

the reason i am asking is because the Honda Indonesia Site does NOT seem to list black as a color for mobilio

Attachment 1217724
It is a "Crystal Black Pearl" colour. I have taken a screen shot from Mobilio brochure. Look at the colour, second from right

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-colour-options-indonesia.jpg

p.s Mobilio (Indonesia) brochure can be accessed & downloaded from the below link by providing some details, like your name, address, phone number etc.

http://www.honda-indonesia.com/send%...es.php?id=135#

Alternatively you can send me a private message & I can mail it to you. Unfortunately I cannot attach the brochure here as it's size is greater than the prescribed limit of 3 Mb for pdf file.
Old 10th March 2014, 21:50   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is a "Crystal Black Pearl" colour. I have taken a screen shot from Mobilio brochure. Look at the colour, second from right

Attachment 1217747

p.s Mobilio (Indonesia) brochure can be accessed & downloaded from the below link by providing some details, like your name, address, phone number etc.

http://www.honda-indonesia.com/send%...es.php?id=135#

Alternatively you can send me a private message & I can mail it to you. Unfortunately I cannot attach the brochure here as it's size is greater than the prescribed limit of 3 Mb for pdf file.
Thank you AutoIndian - Then it is a big mistake from Honda's side. When black is available in thier portfolio, they should have very well, mentioned that in the color chooser module. I am unable to guess why they missed that color in the color chooser palette.

Not expected from especially the Japanese
Old 12th March 2014, 08:35   #173
Senior - BHPian

Courtesy IAB, Autonetmagz (Indonesia) have managed to get their hands on the prices of the soon-to-be launched Honda Mobilio RS. The Mobilio RS, as these spy images reveal, is a souped-up version of the MPV adding more visual flair, though the mechanicals are reported to be unchanged.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/03/h...+Autos+blog%29

The Mobilio RS is a souped-up version of the MPV.
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsindonesiaspiedfront.jpg

Honda will likely price the Mobilio RS at 214 million Rupiah (INR 11.44 lakhs) for the manual variant and 225 million Rupiah (INR 12.03 lakhs) for the CVT automatic version on-road Indonesia. Compared to the current top-end Mobilio – Mobilio Prestige – which is offered only with the CVT gearbox, the RS seems to be pricier by 27 million Rupiah (INR 1.44 lakhs).

Visual enhancements come in the form of redesigned headlights with LEDs, a twin slat chrome grille, sportier front and rear bumpers with lip spoilers, side skirts, new alloy wheels, an exhaust finisher and a boot spoiler. We expect some interior upgrades as well.

Honda Mobilio RS Indonesia spied taillights
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsindonesiaspiedtaillights.jpg

The RS would cost about INR 1.44 lakhs more than the Prestige variant.

The Mobilio will launch in India in the July-September period this year. The MPV will roll out of Honda’s Tapukara factory, which commenced manufacturing cars last month. While the MPV is sold in Indonesia only with a petrol engine, India will see the Mobilio with a diesel motor alongside the petrol. Honda Cars India’s Shigeru Yamazaki confirmed to Indian Autos Blog that the Mobilio petrol will be offered with an automatic and manual transmission, while the diesel will use only a manual.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobiliors.jpg

Last edited by AutoIndian : 12th March 2014 at 09:03.
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 22:28   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Courtesy IAB, Autonetmagz (Indonesia) have managed to get their hands on the prices of the soon-to-be launched Honda Mobilio RS. The Mobilio RS, as these spy images reveal, is a souped-up version of the MPV adding more visual flair, though the mechanicals are reported to be unchanged.
I wonder if this version is going to be launched anytime soon in India. May be Honda India will save it for the facelift. But this one is looking really good, little butch looks.

Cheers,
Greg
Old 13th March 2014, 10:21   #175
BHPian

Quote:
The Mobilio RS, as these spy images reveal, is a souped-up version of the MPV adding more visual flair, though the mechanicals are reported to be unchanged.
Liked everything other than the huge rear spoiler. At first the mobilio's shape sort of disappointed me. But the more I see the more I like it now-a-days. This RS is a looker!
Old 15th March 2014, 18:08   #176
Senior - BHPian

Here is the link to a recent review of the Mobilio in Indonesia. Considering the VFM aspect and better boot space, the taxi segment may sit up and give it a long hard look when it is launched here, I guess

The review looks encouraging:

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...riced-mpv.html
mooza is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 08:28   #177
Senior - BHPian

Some more pictures from Autocar Indonesia

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-20140217044718_hondamobilio.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-20140217094310_hondamobilio2.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-20140217094322_hondamobilio3.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-20140217094330_hondamobilio4.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-20140217094335_hondamobilio5.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-20140217094338_hondamobilio7.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-20140217094343_hondamobilio8.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-20140217094353_hondamobilio9.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-20140217094358_hondamobilio.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 19:23   #178
Senior - BHPian

Today Honda had set up a road show in our office campus. They had the City, Amaze & the Brio for display & test drive. I took a test drive of the City i-Dtec. Since the TD was within the office campus I could not take the car beyond 3rd gear & the drive was also a short one. I just wanted to check 2 things, how responsive is the i-Dtec on the City & the NVH levels.

We were 4 in the car. Though Honda claims the peak torque coming @ 1500 rpms, I never felt so. It is only beyond 2000 rpms when the engine comes to life. The was noisy on the outside, but the cabin was well insulated & engine noise was not at all that intrusive.

I casually asked the sales person, when the Mobilio is going to be launched & he said, June-2014. On further asking whether the diesel will have a 5-speed or a 6-speed transmission, he said the company has not shared any technical details yet.

I feel the Amaze has better power delivery than the City, no doubt as it is 105 kilos lighter than the City. If the Mobilio weighs same as the City or more, then it won't be that punchy to drive.
Old 20th March 2014, 20:10   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel the Amaze has better power delivery than the City, no doubt as it is 105 kilos lighter than the City. If the Mobilio weighs same as the City or more, then it won't be that punchy to drive.

The Amaze (Petrol) generates 109 Nm torque at 4500 rpm:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

The Mobilio (Petrol), in comparison generates 144 Nm torque at 4800 rpm:

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=mo...2F%3B816%3B494

So I guess the Mobilio, despite being heavier, may respond adequately, in comparison. Again, just my guess

Interesting to wait and watch.

Last edited by mooza : 20th March 2014 at 20:12.
Old 20th March 2014, 20:25   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
The Amaze (Petrol) generates 109 Nm torque at 4500 rpm:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

The Mobilio (Petrol), in comparison generates 144 Nm torque at 4800 rpm:

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=mo...2F%3B816%3B494

So I guess the Mobilio, despite being heavier, may respond adequately, in comparison. Again, just my guess

Interesting to wait and watch.
I think he specifically mentioned it was the i-Dtec motor which is the same for all three models.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks