Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:19   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
I agree, they are in different segments.

But Toyota must launch the Avanza at the earliest, to get into the LMPV market here. And if Hyundai joins the race, it will be a free for all in the pricing war, with customers grinning from the sidelines
Mobilio + Ertiga + Enjoy + Hyundai MPV should make India as competitive and provide options as much as Indonesia/Thailand/UK as far as the minvan / LMPV options go.

They shelved the Avanza project as they would not make as much profit as the Innova and the LMPV market is too crowded to compete or rather milk the customer. If they milk the customer and price it high, people would blindfolded pay for an Ertiga or Mobilio depeding on feature preference or brand preference. the Avanza would be another Etios/Liva in the making.

- I too am waiting for the glimpse of the Hyundai i20/Grand10 or even Santro or eon based MPV . It should be a feature rich product at a mouthwatering price. I own a santro and my brand loyalty is keeping me interested. I love the xcent but i need a 7 seater as my next car.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 23rd April 2014 at 20:22.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 09:49   #212
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Absolutely a wrong impression mate.

Agree that for a people mover 90 Horses are lesser with a displacement of only ~1300cc and where it hurts the most is when you are at crawling speeds and you are fully loaded and the time it takes to hit the 3 digit mark is considerably slower but not lazy in any sense at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I beg to differ with the underpowered thing that you mentioned.
Anurag.
My Previous ride is the younger Brother of the Mighty 1.6 GTX from Fiat.
Me feeling under powered is no brainer.

Frankly, when i have driven Ertiga with 4 people on board, i felt like, i am driving some 15 years old Amby with respect to power.It took so much of time to reach triple digits.

Also the official review says the same. "on the other hand, the turbo-lag is a lot more evident when you have 5 - 6 occupants onboard. In this situation, the engine feels weak at lower rpms. On inclines, you have to generously slip the clutch when starting off."

I am sure that you are not feeling under powered. I think, you are ensuring that the RPM stays above 2K. Very few Petrol heads drive like that. If i try driving my 1.6 like that in city, i wont be writing this post now

Next time, if i drive, i will try to drive your way by maintaining ~2K RPM and shall post the feed back.

Old 25th April 2014, 10:42   #213
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post

I am sure that you are not feeling under powered. I think, you are ensuring that the RPM stays above 2K.

Next time, if i drive, i will try to drive your way by maintaining ~2K RPM and shall post the feed back.
My style of driving the Ritz and Swift is that I upshift ONLY once the RPM hours 2000 and downshift once the needle dips below 1500 RPM.

From first great till fifth when I upside at 2000 rpm the residual RPM is near 1800 rpm so it is in the power band. This way is efficient too as I get an average of minimum 700 kms on a full tank with MID displaying 22.0 kmpl.

Anurag.
Old 25th April 2014, 18:59   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
They shelved the Avanza project as they would not make as much profit as the Innova and the LMPV market is too crowded..
My thoughts regarding the Avanza were prompted by Auto Indian's informative post, placed again below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
.. At first spot the Toyota Avanza is firmly rooted.

http://autonetmagz.net/honda-mobilio...ing-lmpv/2376/

Here are the top seven Indonesia’s best selling LMPV for February 2014

1. Toyota Avanza with 15,78 units 2. Honda Mobilio with 6,241 units 3. Daihatsu Xenia with 5,137 units 4. Suzuki Ertiga with 3.216 units ..

Also, the pricing of the Avanza in Indonesia is pretty competitive. Just my thoughts and hopes
Old 25th April 2014, 19:07   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
My thoughts regarding the Avanza were prompted by Auto Indian's informative post, placed again below:

Also, the pricing of the Avanza in Indonesia is pretty competitive. Just my thoughts and hopes
Absolutely - I too wish they launch the Avanza on par with the Mobilio and tap the market of Innova asiprants who cannot buy the ever price-increasing Innova. It would be a good fight to see Mobilio vs Avanza.

Two - three years back Toyota thought of bringing in the Avanza but would have shelved it owing to thier exhorbitant milking and profit oriented appetite.
Old 25th April 2014, 21:33   #216
BHPian

Pictures of Mobilio in production line at Greater Noida plant.
Source:The Automotive India
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-10259885_301333803350178_4877754878048472784_n.jpg
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-10252159_301334553350103_8727319746936081021_n.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 17:58   #217
Senior - BHPian

There is a YouTube video of the Mobilio review done by AutoBild Indonesia. Though we cannot understand the language the presenter has reviewed it nicely by sitting himself on the second as well as third rows of seats.

What I liked the most is the second row seat tumble down feature. Both the 60:40 seats double fold independently on a light touch to the lever. Seems to be a child's play. Moreover the 3rd row has a 50:50 split and all the seats are adjustable for recline. This gives tremendous flexibility to the seating arrangement to the Mobilio.

Also the car really looks good while moving. The dual solid motion, does not seem to be just a marketing gimmick.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 19:04   #218
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
There is a YouTube video of the Mobilio review done by AutoBild Indonesia. Though we cannot understand the language the presenter has reviewed it nicely by sitting himself on the second as well as third rows of seats.
There is going to be a serious dent to the Innova here.
Xylo and Ertiga (not a direct competitor, but made serious sense in value proposition) made their impact, but could not dethrone the king of the segment.

Here comes the mobilio, which will have good seating, a good diesel motor
and if priced similarly to the C-segment sedans(City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Fiesta), it going to set the sales chart on fire.

Makes sense to the people who rarely use third row and considered the Ertiga's third row to be too small.
Old 27th April 2014, 19:40   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
Xylo and Ertiga (not a direct competitor, but made serious sense in value proposition) made their impact, but could not dethrone the king of the segment.
If Mobilio is launched keeping innova in mind, then its a sure recipe for disaster. As good it may sound with the flexi seats et al, Mobilio is in no measure a competitor to innova. It has marginally better space than ertiga and poorer interiors. So, it should be priced at par with the ertiga. For persons looking for innova, mobilio can never satisfy their requirements. Hope better sense prevails at Honda when pricing is decided.
drpudhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 22:30   #220
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
For persons looking for innova, mobilio can never satisfy their requirements. Hope better sense prevails at Honda when pricing is decided.
You're dead right on that, a head-on competitor to Innova is only xylo, tavera(not produced) and the aging sumo(All people movers, no intention of off-roading.) But there are people who want MUV's at a lower price point of ~10-12 lakh and have no option(They're put-off by either's xylo's looks, ride or size.)

I'm of the idea that maruti brought the ertiga to give you 90% of what the innova gives at 60% the price.
If mobilio has space almost as much as innova(in the third row), it will kill the innova as a VFM proposition. But yes, cost-cutting in the design of the cabin will stick out like a sore thumb.

That being said, built on the brio platform, I don't think the Mobilio's cabin will be a wide one.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 23:38   #221
Team-BHP Support

Have the media drives started? The paper stuck on the rear windshield of that Mobilio reads 'Journalist Driven'.

I'm viewing from mobile, hence can't read the above lines !
Old 28th April 2014, 07:15   #222
BHPian

A recent report that has appeared in "The Economic Times" New Delhi edition has hinted that the Mobilio will be launched in next two months. Though they have mentioned that
Quote:
Honda may roll out the new Mobilio in two months
but no one from Honda has been quoted as saying this.

Link to the new item:

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 16:25   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Mobilio will be direct competitor to Ertiga. Even in Indonesia where it is already launched, it is a threat to Ertiga and Toyota Avanza.
Related article: http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2014/...eat-to-avanza/

On a side note, why does Toyota not bring Avanza to India? May be the competition is already hot and they might not get the required profit margin.
Old 28th April 2014, 18:13   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You're dead right on that, a head-on competitor to Innova is only xylo, tavera(not produced) and the aging sumo(All people movers, no intention of off-roading.)
You forgot the XUV500, Scorpio and Safari in that list of competitors. Infact if there is one car which has hit Innova the maximum, then I would say it is the XUV500.

Mobilio will not compete with Innova but rather fight it out with the Ertiga. To be honest I don't see it hurting the Ertiga much too and rather expecting it to eat into the sales of Honda city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
On a side note, why does Toyota not bring Avanza to India? May be the competition is already hot and they might not get the required profit margin.
The kind of margins Toyota expects is just not possible to achieve in the sub 10 lac segment where there are multiple players already present. Toyota already experienced that with the Etios siblings where the vehicle is overpriced and lacks on Equipment level w.r.t. the competition.
Alsoa lot of people who opt for the Innova for the T badge might end up with the lower priced Avanza, beating the sole purpose of launching the car.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 23:59   #225
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
You forgot the XUV500, Scorpio and Safari in that list of competitors. Infact if there is one car which has hit Innova the maximum, then I would say it is the XUV500.

Mobilio will not compete with Innova but rather fight it out with the Ertiga. To be honest I don't see it hurting the Ertiga much too and rather expecting it to eat into the sales of Honda city.
XUV 500, yes. It has hit innova hard, but doesn't have a good third row.

The Scorpio is ageing, has a bouncy ride, and doesn't have a premuim feel inside(which the innova offers, XUV passes the mustard on premium feeling interiors) and really hasn't dented Innova.

I agree that Mobilio is still not head-on with Innova. It'll take some sales away(read: more than Ertiga/Xylo did) but Ertiga takes the biggest beating here.

I'm not too sure it'll hit the city, as City has a much more premium feel to it inside out.

To beat the Innova, you have to fight fire with fire. You need a strong Ladder-Frame chassis, good quality interiors, amazing fit and finish, well sorted dynamics and good ASS. I think as of today, only Toyota and Nissan are the major (Japanese) companies producing vehicles on a ladder-frame chassis.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th April 2014 at 12:13. Reason: Merging back to back posts
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks