Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2014, 11:18   #226
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
To beat the Innova, you have to fight fire with fire. You need a strong Ladder-Frame chassis, good quality interiors, amazing fit and finish, well sorted dynamics and good ASS.
The Innova has gained the market share and 'name' and I don't think it can be easily dethroned. Manufacturers would need space + reliability + practicality in seating and luggage storages and last but not the least - ASC which has to be reliable + honest.

Anurag.
Old 29th April 2014, 14:31   #227
BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

I was looking through this Mobilio and realised,
  • it offers the space of Chevy Enjoy & can comfortably accommodate the occasional 2 extra passengers,
  • that although the interiors don't 'look' extremely impressive, the Fit & Finish seems as good as that of Ertiga,
  • reasonably well designed such that it can even viably fully fold the 3rd row (IIRC Ertiga can't),
  • its a 100bhp power-packed MUV with NO turbo lag, & may deliver 23+kmpl, Innova is just 102bhp & at best delivers just 12-14kmpl, Ertiga is 90PS & is known to deliver ~19kmpl, but its turbo spools only post 2000RPM!
  • it'll require half the service frequency of Innova (IIRC 1.5L iDtec 10k kms V/s 2.5L D4-D 5k kms),
  • 2/3rd the price of Innova, with a reputed 'H' badge.
IMO it'd be a very very viable & well featured touring vehicle even compared to Innova!
WorkingGuru is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 19:24   #228
Senior - BHPian

Today afternoon I got a call from NCR. Reproducing below a snapshot of that conversation.

Person: Sir, am I talking to Mr XXXX
Me: Yes I am that Mr XXXX
Person: Sir I am calling from Honda. I believe you had registered yourself on Honda, Mobilio website and I am calling you in that regard to get your feedback.
Me: OK, well proceed.
Person: Sir how many members are there in your family
Me: Six
Person: Sir which is the current car you own and what is the year of manufacturing
Me: Indica DLX, 2004
Person: Sir are you looking at Mobilio as an additional car to your existing one?
Me: No, I am looking at Mobilio as a replacement to my current car. When is the Mobilio going to be launched?
Person: Sir, in the next few months
Me: Can you tell me exact date?
Person: Sir company has not shared with us the exact dates
Me: You are asking me my complete information, whereas you cannot even answer my simple question on the launch date, strange. Can you give this feedback to your company that if I don't get the exact launch date of the Mobilio in the next one month, then I am going to go for the Ertiga
Person: Sure Sir, I will pas on this feedback

BeforeI could pose any further uneasy questions, that person hanged up.

I guess Honda has hired some third party agency to understand the customer pulse and the exact requirements, which customer wants to get in the Mobilio. My guess is that the launch could be somewhere in the month of June. Hope Honda can cover up all those aspects which are not being provided by the Ertiga.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 20:32   #229
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Me: You are asking me my complete information, whereas you cannot even answer my simple question on the launch date, strange.

Before I could pose any further uneasy questions, that person hanged up.
Lol! Good job!

You shut his mouth in one answer that he couldn't hold onto the call to continue the conversation. If he would have continued talking you would have actually got the Mobilio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I guess Honda has hired some third party agency to understand the customer pulse and the exact requirements, which customer wants to get in the Mobilio.
Could be possible and just to create the hype the way Ford made when the EcoSport was getting launched. Hope the pricing and all are right to at least get things moving for the Mobilio.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 22:40   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Lol! Good job!
You shut his mouth in one answer that he couldn't hold onto the call to continue the conversation. If he would have continued talking you would have actually got the Mobilio!
Could be possible and just to create the hype the way Ford made when the EcoSport was getting launched. Hope the pricing and all are right to at least get things moving for the Mobilio.

Anurag.
LOL - I will give the same answer when Honda calls me. I too registered long time back

Absolutely - In fact i would be surprised if honda did NOT do the dirty game. They will create hype and also price it above Ertiga for sure. They will wait and watch for one year to judge sales and when rupee falls further, they will increase prices. It is to be noted that there will be some cost cutting compared to Ertiga like 4 alloys instead of 5 , no arm rest etc to name a few.

I dont expect Honda to play a price/VFM card when there is only one product in reality, The Ertiga. Evalia and Enjoy are not much in the race for the personal car segment.
Old 30th April 2014, 23:07   #231
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

I dont expect Honda to play a price/VFM card when there is only one product in reality, The Ertiga. Evalia and Enjoy are not much in the race for the personal car segment.
Ertiga is very much in the game and they are pushing sales for that LUV! Personally speaking Evalia and Enjoy were neither 'evaluated' nor 'enjoyed' by the mass market. Nissan and GM have a long way to catch up with Toyota, Honda and Maruti.

Cost cutting is the need of the industry but they are doing it in places where it shouldn't be done like sheet metal used, safety equipment etc. Giving 4 alloys out of 5 or anything is okay and can be changed after purchase.

My only worry is the Brio type dashboard that upsets me.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th April 2014 at 23:09.
Old 1st May 2014, 08:56   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My only worry is the Brio type dashboard that upsets me.
Hi Anurag,

Brio dashboard is all but purely functional one! It is one of the easiest one to maintain and with its mechanical controls will last longer than the electronic ones do! As long as you have a good double din touch control Audio system provided by Honda in Mobilio, you have a great car!
Old 1st May 2014, 09:14   #233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post

Hi Anurag,

Brio dashboard is all but purely functional one! It is one of the easiest one to maintain and with its mechanical controls will last longer than the electronic ones do! As long as you have a good double din touch control Audio system provided by Honda in Mobilio, you have a great car!
No offence getsurya and nice to see it coming from an owner.

The reason of my post was the dash layout and looks it gives vis-a-vis the amount paid for the car IMO. I feel that layout suits Brio but the same being carried forward in Amaze and now the Mobilio isn't good. There must be some change and a touch of sophistication. Just imagine how the public would have responded if the same dash layout was carried in the 4 th Gen Honda City?!

May be Honda is following this:

"Why fix anything that ain't broken!"

It is just my thought and opinion. No offence to you or other owners of Brio and Amaze.

Anurag.
Old 1st May 2014, 09:19   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is just my thought and opinion. No offence to you or other owners of Brio and Amaze
Anurag, no offence taken at all!

All I am saying is comparitively, these mechanical ones last longer with minimal issues(even if there are issues, they are easier to repair at lower cost!). I agree with you that the dash lay out can be upgraded/changed for the segment the car needs to operate!

Do I see this being done in India, nope!
Old 1st May 2014, 12:04   #235
BHPian

There is another detailed video review from AutonetMagz, Indonesia :

Lot of aspects are covered. Its more spacious and there is no doubt in that. However, the NVH levels seems to be high and I guess its only the I-VTEC engine. I wonder how well its controlled with the i-DTec engine.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 15:40   #236
Team-BHP Support

The Mobilio will be launched by end June.

More here.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd May 2014 at 11:57.
ajmat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 20:25   #237
BHPian

The mobilio looks great from the rear as seen in the video. Ertiga is going to lose out in this race for sure after this car launch. Though the interiors are pretty basic this car seems to have good exteriors especially the rear. If the launch is in June then they should have started the bookings by now. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 2nd May 2014, 09:41   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was looking through this Mobilio thread and realised,
  • it offers the space of Chevy Enjoy & can comfortably accommodate the occasional 2 extra passengers, and its reasonably well designed such that it can even viably fully fold the 3rd row (IIRC Ertiga can't),

• that although the interiors don't 'look' extremely impressive, the Fit & Finish seems as good as that of Ertiga,

• Considering power to weight ratio, Mobilio is a 100bhp power-packed MUV with NO turbo lag, & may deliver 23+kmpl, comparatively Innova is just 102bhp & at best delivers just 12-14kmpl, Ertiga is 90PS & is known to deliver ~19kmpl, but Ertigas' turbo spools only post 2000RPM!

• it'll require half the service frequency of Innova (IIRC 1.5L iDtec 10k kms V/s 2.5L D4-D 5k kms), same as Ertigas' 1.3L MJD.

• The Knock Out punch : it'll be 2/3rd the price of Innova, with a reputed 'H' badge.

IMO it'd be a very very viable & well featured touring vehicle even compared to Innova!
Well put!

And if by any chance, Honda gives the Mobilio's iDtec a VGT to churn out 118bhp, it'd be R.I.P. Innova & R.I.P. Ertiga !

But Mobilio is based on Brio. It would've been apt if it was based on City. IMO Auto Cos are short-changing us by using their lower end cars for MUVs. Like, Ertiga is based on Ritz. It could've been based on Swift/SX4 atleast. Even though Chevy isn't doing well, it gets away selling us its Chinese designed Enjoy!

Similarly, Renault tried to sell us its breadbox, Evalia. Also, Datsun is coming out with a MUV based on its cheapskate Go!

People may argue that it'd increase the input costs & thus the price by 20%, but companies like M&M and TATA are selling their Xylo & Aria for quite good prices. Maybe we need to be more demanding as customers.
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:23   #239
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
And if by any chance, Honda gives the Mobilio's iDtec a VGT to churn out 118bhp, it'd be R.I.P. Innova & R.I.P. Ertiga !
+1

Quote:
But Mobilio is based on Brio. It would've been apt if it was based on City.
Anything wrong with the Brio and that platform as you say shouldn't be used for newer generation cars?

Quote:
Like, Ertiga is based on Ritz. It could've been based on Swift/SX4 atleast.
Isn't Ritz based on Swift platform and SX4 again based on Swift platform?

Anurag.
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:56   #240
BHPian

Just a bit confused on this topic. I was under the impression that Mobilio has been built on Amaze's platform. Was this derived from Brio then? All in all,Mobilio(If priced right) will have many takers including me
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks