Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2014, 17:20   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The Amaze was the very first release with the i-DTEC Engine and hence the lower pricing. For the Honda City, they definitely added a higher price tag in comparison with the earlier segment leader: Hyundai Verna Fluidic. The i-DTEC V trim that I went for was easily 75 K more as compared to the Verna SX Trim - which would be the models comparable in terms of features. So, I would tend to agree with scopriobharath here that they will possibly price it with a premium. The other reason for them to price it higher is that they are already selling too well - the demand is way more than supply.
Thanks - Yes, Honda will charge a premium and also hit a double whammy. Already the Mobilio appears less feature loaded like mentioned above and also some minor things like Missing centre armrest, 4 alloys instead of 5 etc. Note: will Honda charge a premium for the H brand and iDETEC, but also will hit the customer by reducing features compared to Ertiga, not to mention the costs they would save due to component sharing with Brio/Amaze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Amaze screams BUDGET from every angle and there was NO way Honda could price it better than Dzire which has much better interiors. And I think Amaze has lost the plot in such a short time by pricing at par with Dzire, looking at the low sales and off-the-shelf availability.
With City, the interior quality is definitely at par with the competition, better space and hence they placed it at a premium. I doubt whether they had any reason to price a premium for the engine alone which is NOT as refined or powerful like most of the competition except the FE claim.
I doubt Mobilio with it's budget interiors priced at a premium against Ertiga will work out in favor of Honda.
I wish I am proved wrong, but Honda WILL charge a premium in India for the badge value itself. They might not do so in USA for say the Accord or Civic, but Amaze in india will definitely command a premium and also witness lack of features compared to Ertiga. Compact UV is a hot segment with only the Enjoy and Ertiga to compete with. There are far more compact sedans available that Ertiga ish UVs. They will milk the customer when they can just as Toyota is doing with Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Agreed - I have been following the Amaze thread here and people seem to complain the lack of basic features such as a joystick for the rear view, charging ports etc.

But has Amaze lost the plot? Very debatable - that has been a point of argument when we were discussing the sales for Feb 2014 as well on the other thread here: URL. The numbers are small when compared with Dzire but on its own the numbers being clocked by Amaze result in the car being close to the Top 10 across all segments.

Given the current success Honda is enjoying, I am guessing they will price it at Premium. Any ideas when they are going to Launch the Mobilio in India - any dates yet?
Expect the Mobilio to hit our roads by June end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
45k cars annually for the Mobilio means they are targeting a sales number of 3750 per month, which should not be difficult to achieve.

Why only 20k cars annually for the Jazz? This means an average dispatch rate of only 1667 cars per month. This sounds quite low for a car with so much potential. Are they planning to repeat the pricing strategy of its predecessor? I hope not!
They predict only satisfactory sales for Jazz I guess. Any plant can ramp-up capacity by 30-40%. All plants are designed that way only, so that they could accommodate surge in sales / exports etc.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 6th April 2014 at 17:23.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 08:44   #197
BHPian

I spoke to two of the Honda dealers in Bangalore about the launch date of Mobilio. Neither of them had an idea and one mentioned it might be in July and the other guessed it by year end.

Last edited by samabhi : 7th April 2014 at 08:45.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 19:13   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
I spoke to two of the Honda dealers in Bangalore about the launch date of Mobilio. Neither of them had an idea and one mentioned it might be in July and the other guessed it by year end.

According to the CEO of Honda India, the launch will be in the 3rd quarter of 2014, refer link below:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/honda-mobi...n-india-384911
mooza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 22:21   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
According to the CEO of Honda India, the launch will be in the 3rd quarter of 2014, refer link below:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/honda-mobi...n-india-384911

What is causing the delay? There are no scoop shots reported too about the mobilio being tested anywhere in India.
Old 9th April 2014, 10:21   #200
Senior - BHPian

As per Zigwheels:

Quote:
In terms of positioning, Honda is trying to finding a sweet spot between the Ertiga and segment leader Toyota Innova for their debut MPV for India.
Link - http://www.zigwheels.com/upcoming-la...ice-gap/18245/

I feel they are being optimistic with the kind of pricing that above article is indicating (after succes of City & Amae), & this could be another sales under-performer in making if priced anything above Rs.50k over the Ertiga. I sincerely hope better sense prevails at Honda's office at Greater Noida re the UV's pricing.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 20:08   #201
BHPian

Honda India has updated its website announcing the launch of Honda Mobilio in a few months from now. There is not much info except for few photos of exterior & interior and one intro video. July launch looks likely.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-honda-mobilio-india.png

https://www.hondacarindia.com/mobilio/index.html

Last edited by damager21 : 12th April 2014 at 20:13.
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 11:51   #202
BHPian

Mobilio vs Ertiga comparison from Indonesia: http://autonetmagz.net/suzuki-ertiga...mparison/1331/

Looks like Ertiga is a winner
guruji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 15:45   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
As per Zigwheels:

Link - http://www.zigwheels.com/upcoming-la...ice-gap/18245/

I feel they are being optimistic with the kind of pricing that above article is indicating (after succes of City & Amae), & this could be another sales under-performer in making if priced anything above Rs.50k over the Ertiga. I sincerely hope better sense prevails at Honda's office at Greater Noida re the UV's pricing.
Good point you made Cardeep. I think Honda will go the Amaze way regarding the pricing atleast during the lunch. They will match Ertiga prices variant to variant and stick around like that for about 3-4 months. Then go about increasing prices depending on the response the Mobilo gets from the market.
Old 14th April 2014, 16:55   #204
Senior - BHPian

What this car will offer is an entry to the 1.5 VTEC engine for people who don't want to spend money on the City just for the engine. If Mobilio Petrol comes in the same state of tune as the City Petrol, its definitely something to look forward to. Given that this is more of an estate car, rather than a van, its handling won't be uninspiring at all.

So enthusiasts can actually look forward to this unassuming performer.
Old 15th April 2014, 17:58   #205
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Mobilio vs Ertiga comparison from Indonesia: http://autonetmagz.net/suzuki-ertiga...mparison/1331/

Looks like Ertiga is a winner
Thanks for sharing.

In our market, which is obsessed with diesel cars, Honda has a significant advantage when compared to Suzuki, with its I-dtec 1.5

The Ertiga can actually sell more, if it has 1500-1600 CC Diesel engine, the 1.25 MJD on Ertiga is badly underpowered. you wont be able to drive above 90 KMPH for long.

Also, Honda is considered *Premium* in our market, if the pricing is in range of ertiga, again it would be an advantage to Honda.

But, a big Positive for Ertiga is its interiors. They are too good @ that price.
  (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 14:37   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
But, a big Positive for Ertiga is its interiors. They are too good @ that price.
Despite the premium interiors of the Ertiga compared to the Mobilio, AutonetMagz (the Auto magazine from Indonesia) reports that Mobilio has pipped Ertiga to reach the number two spot in the MPV category, within two months of its introduction in that country. At first spot the Toyota Avanza is firmly rooted.

http://autonetmagz.net/honda-mobilio...ing-lmpv/2376/

Since its first delivered on January 2014, Honda Mobilio manage to reach the runner up position in the LMPV segment with total sales of 6,241 units on February 2014.

If combine with the sales from the first month (January) with 1,508 units, Mobilio in two months already record a total sales of 7,749 units that account 12% in its segment. Outside those numbers, honda indonesia claims that they still overwhelmed to caters the total demands of 20,000 units more.

The total sales of Mobilio in February beats total sales of Daihatsu Xenia who only clocks 5,137 units, but still quite far from the king of the LMPV segment, which is Toyota Avanza who records a steady 15,708 units.

Here are the top seven Indonesia’s best selling LMPV for February 2014

1. Toyota Avanza with 15,78 units

2. Honda Mobilio with 6,241 units

3. Daihatsu Xenia with 5,137 units

4. Suzuki Ertiga with 3.216 units

5. Suzuki APV with 1.058 units

6. Chevrolet Spin with 1.023 units

7. Nissan Evalia with 568 units
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 17:11   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ertiga is badly underpowered. you wont be able to drive above 90 KMPH for long.
Absolutely a wrong impression mate. Having driven the Ertiga for 16000 kms in the last 6 months with some regular highway drives only with full load, maintaining between 110-120kmph on highways is effortless as this is exactly where the Turbo is doing its duty between 2200-3000 RPMs.

I would also like to add that with speeds between 110-120kmph, overtaking also requires less effort at least till the speedo hits higher speeds.

This is one primary reason I was inclined towards the Ertiga when I TD'd it a couple of times - As I am mostly on highways more than the city, I wanted to ensure that cruising speeds should not be a "task" in the car I buy.

The official review also mentioned how easy it is to maintain some good cruising speeds and the effort required to overtake as well.

Agree that for a people mover 90 Horses are lesser with a displacement of only ~1300cc and where it hurts the most is when you are at crawling speeds and you are fully loaded and the time it takes to hit the 3 digit mark is considerably slower but not lazy in any sense at all.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 24th April 2014 at 05:35. Reason: Edited high speed reference.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 17:42   #208
Senior - BHPian

Article on Cartrade.com

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...es-123676.html

Someone expects that Mobilio will dent sales of the Innova

I dont think that will happen. Innova is a full size MPV costing almost 60% more than the Mobilio. Features wise, length wise, Innova is more loaded than Mobilio. Other than the brand value, i dont see anything similar between Mobilio and innova let alone superiority of the Mobilio.

I could not get how a small LMPV or compact MUV will hit a full size MUV.

Thoughts ?

Last edited by scopriobharath : 23rd April 2014 at 17:44.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:07   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
i dont see anything similar between Mobilio and innova let alone superiority of the Mobilio.

I could not get how a small LMPV or compact MUV will hit a full size MUV.

Thoughts ?

I agree, they are in different segments.

But Toyota must launch the Avanza at the earliest, to get into the LMPV market here. And if Hyundai joins the race, it will be a free for all in the pricing war, with customers grinning from the sidelines
mooza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:17   #210
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for sharing.

In our market, which is obsessed with diesel cars, Honda has a significant advantage when compared to Suzuki, with its I-dtec 1.5

The Ertiga can actually sell more, if it has 1500-1600 CC Diesel engine, the 1.25 MJD on Ertiga is badly underpowered. you wont be able to drive above 90 KMPH for long.

Also, Honda is considered *Premium* in our market, if the pricing is in range of ertiga, again it would be an advantage to Honda.

I beg to differ with the underpowered thing that you mentioned.

I have driven the Ertiga back-to-back with my Swift (75PS which is considered almost frugal in its segment). I loved the VGT that was added and the advantage of cruising for ages together without any driver fatigue or engine fatigue. The Ertiga loves to be in the range of 100-130 kmph without any fuss!

I want to add the VGT + the ECU of the Ertiga to my Swift ZDi and enjoy!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks