Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2013, 15:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Looks like your next car is getting prepared for launch next year

Clearly looks like Honda is analyzing Suzuki designs and trying to make them better. Whole Brio platform seems to be aimed at the Suzuki Swift platform. But as long as they are giving us better products why not ?

I wonder if they have changed the dash design !! It will be too utilitarian for people spending close to 10 lakhs. But then we have duster which sells for 15 lakhs

Also i noticed that the MPV is longer than Ertiga by 100 mm or so. 10 cm extra can only mean very very good boot space

Ertiga has 1.25 ltr Engine with 90BHP power with all the VGT. Enjoy has same engine with 75 BHP power.
So 1.5 Ltr will mean the power delivery will be even smooth and low end torque will be very good like we have seen in case of Amaze
Haha. You're a good spotter Hmmm I don't know but let's see. Keeping my options open. I don't really need a 5+ seater but only seeing the car in flesh may help. I'm also looking forward to the Jazz's re-entry/launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
k_ajay & Raj, good that you raised this point . I would say Honda should go one step ahead & plonk their 1.6 Litre engine (which is going to power the Civic) under the hood of Mobilo. There is no point in powering the Mobilo with the 1.5 iDtec (same as the Amaze) beacuse this MPV won't be getting the excise duty benefit that Amaze enjoys, Mobilo being well over the 4m mark. So Honda should be more generous & plonking the much powerful 1.6L iDtec (though this may mean pricing it more than the Ertiga by couple of thousands). I am ready to pay a premium of 50K-100K over the Ertiga price, just for that 1.6L motor. Are you listening Honda?
Well said AutoIndia. A strong engine is a must and I'm ok to pay an acceptable premium for a better powered at the same time considerably frugal engine too. But people like us are few and far between and Honda won't be spending big money for a very niche crowd. Most buyers, I'm assuming, will be satisfied with the 98bhp engine.

I'd love it will certainly consider if Honda brings a 1.6 diesel on their Jazz. That and a tempting price and I could plead with myself to look past that dashboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Would'nt that be difficult Raj? Having a better space than Innova, but having the size of an Eriga?

But that discussion apart, it looks like a fantastic package. And 1.5L 100bhp engine from Amaze has truly amazed every one.
100bhp on paper sounds good but I've heard some people say it doesn't really move the Amaze to great speeds or doesn't go very fast. Inspite of Amaze not being very heavy (my perception, or is it heavy?)..

Which is why my interest for a higher powered engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
To answer some of your questions, IAB has interior pics:
http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/h...carousel-97369

Looks to have Brio/Amaze dash and decent boot space.
Thanks for that, StarScream. The design of the MPV certainly doesn't look bad. From few angles Somehow that Brio dash doesn't work for me at all and totally kills it. I wish they would have considered a better dash for the MPV. Even the Jazz type dash (though not ideal) would have cut it for me. I'm sad now (as I otherwise liked this MPV and it's design, which is pleasant).

Last edited by k_ajay : 19th September 2013 at 16:07.
Old 19th September 2013, 15:46   #62
RSR
Senior - BHPian

This is an excellent move by Honda to make full use of the Brio/Amaze platform. Given the increased length and higher roof, this seems at least as spacious and comfortable as the 3 'E's - Ertiga, Enjoy and Evalia (if not more). The 1.5 lit. petrol and diesel engines from the City and the Amaze would be class leading in terms of cubic capacity and horsepower. I hope Honda price it reasonably, just like with the Brio and Amaze which share this platform, and do not become greedy.

I wonder if any of the Honda designers who were a part of this project (or that of the Jazz, both old & new) have ever been in India for any reasonable amount of time, and travelled on our roads? The answer seems to be a firm no, from the way they designed the rear bumpers of these cars. They seem to exist only in name, and only for cosmetic purposes, forgetting their main purpose as bumpers. They are placed too low, don't protrude out at all and offer very little or no protection for the rear hatch and tail lamps.

India's traffic conditions and crazed drivers/riders require at least the rear bumpers (if not both rear and front) to be quite thick, placed high and protrude out as much as possible, to protect the hatch/boot lid/tail gate and tail lamps. Honda India should redesign the bumpers of both the Mobilio and the new Jazz before they launch them in India.

Last edited by RSR : 19th September 2013 at 15:48.
Old 19th September 2013, 15:51   #63
Senior - BHPian

While I have no doubt that the Mobilio will be a wonderful package in terms of interiors (except the Brio dash ), I am not comfortable with the engines' specs.

Again, these engines - 1.5L City sourced petrol & 1.5L Amaze diesel, are good for hatch & sedan, especially the petrol, but, the diesel mill is unrefined (being in early stages of evolution) & many, including international reviewers & owners (not all) have complained of the poor NVH of Honda's Earth Dreams diesel.

Add to this, the load lugging capability of the diesel engine is still unknown/ unexplored. Same is the problem with the 1.5L petrol which hasn't got good low end RPM. This is where I doubt the MPV driver will be seen banging head , as either he would be revving the car to gain momentum (petrol engine) or complain of vehicle not chugging & coughing when fully loaded.

But, I still love the overall stance of the vehicle, & not sure know I am end up owning one in future. Full marks to Honda for a wonderful design.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 19th September 2013 at 15:53.
Old 19th September 2013, 16:15   #64
Senior - BHPian

Apologies for not reading sufficiently and including this in my post above. Just read this may come with only 2 airbags. For such a huge vehicle, it isn't appropriate from a security and safety perspective. Not interesting then, for me.

I wish Honda considers at least 6 airbags when launched in India (at least a mid and top end variant which those in wanting can purchase).
Old 19th September 2013, 16:53   #65
Senior - BHPian

Here's a small presentation as well which explains a few things such as design etc

Details on the variants are out too - obviously specific to that market.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliospecs1.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliospecs2.jpg  

Last edited by puchoo : 19th September 2013 at 16:58.
puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 17:57   #66
BHPian

Honda’s first low cost MPV that will be sold throughout Asia has premiered at the Indonesia International Motor Show. This is also the first model from Honda developed for the Indonesian market.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/h...ims-2013-97390
Old 19th September 2013, 18:29   #67
BHPian

Well looking at this pic,courtesy indianautosblog.com looks like it will have adequate Boot Space. If pricinig is Spot On with this looks and overall spacious feel, I for one will definately overlook the dashboard design.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-brio_mobilio.png  

soumobakshi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 19:16   #68
BHPian

But the looks as such is not so very appealing, at-least for me. There was a very good proportion with the Amaze, but its not likely in Mobilo. Pics from cardekho in the link below.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...nsia-11295.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Well looking at this pic,courtesy indianautosblog.com looks like it will have adequate Boot Space.
Does that space look realistic? I feel that the rendering of the body with Interiors is from some other vehicle
Old 20th September 2013, 12:19   #69
Senior - BHPian

I dont think there will be that much space , renderings and studio shoots always make space appear to be better / bigger than what it is. Will need to see a proper shot from multiple angles to get a better idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post

Does that space look realistic? I feel that the rendering of the body with Interiors is from some other vehicle
Old 22nd September 2013, 16:31   #70
BHPian

Yes, you do seem to be right. it almost looks unrealistic. I doubt, even with honda's packaging abilities they will be able to pull this off
Old 22nd September 2013, 19:32   #71
Senior - BHPian

So the Brio Engine bay can accomodate the City's fabulous 1.5 118bhp i-VTEC? Why doesn't simply Honda plonk it in the Brio itself and kill whatever hot-hatch market VW is trying to make! I know it wont make it to excise benefits but the VW GT TDi doesn't make it too. I will buy one as soon as they launch one!

Sorry for going OT
Old 23rd September 2013, 20:20   #72
Senior - BHPian

Have an Aria'ish side profile, IMO. Will be a super hit in India if launched with this dimensions, and will certainly affect Innova, Ertiga, Xylo and even DZire and Amaze!
Old 24th September 2013, 00:38   #73
Senior - BHPian

Brio-based MPV coming soon? Is it Honda Mobilio?

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/19/h...aled-for-asia/

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-honda_mobilio.jpg

Honda reveals Mobilio MPV, Brio Satya hatchback for Asian markets
Will it come to India?

Quote:
The Mobilio has three rows of seating for seven occupants, is compact enough to fit into the country's parking spaces, which are often less than 14.4 feet in length, and has a sports utility vehicle-like ground clearance of 7.3 inches to handle most road conditions. It's equipped with a 1.5-liter i-VTEC four-cylinder engine, which should give the MPV good fuel economy.

On September 11, Honda also introduced the Brio Satya five-door hatchback (shown at right) for the Indonesian market, which features an i-VTEC four-cylinder engine that Honda says will help the car net a fuel economy rating of 20 kilometers per liter of gasoline (equivalent to 47 miles per gallon). The model is closely related to the Brio budget hatchback, which was first revealed back in 2011.
Old 27th September 2013, 10:58   #74
BHPian

Honda Mobilio testing in Indonesia
Side profile is nice but the still looks like a streched brio
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-post76920773846001380258724.jpg
skyfire2892 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 11:25   #75
Senior - BHPian

Looks ok for a MPV, especially as it is said to have more headroom and better ground clearance than the Amaze. Worth waiting for!
As mentioned by others, the ideal mill would be the 1.6, but considering mileage etc. they would come up with the 1.5 in India.

I hope they make the third row of seats completely removable. This could be more useful for smaller families traveling with more luggage.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks