Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2014, 22:26   #301
BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The car you have snapped seems to be the top end V i-Dtec model.
May not be true. The top end in Amaze and City is named "VX" and cars reviewed in Indonesia came with turn indicators.
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2014, 22:51   #302
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post

Yes, it reminds us about the fad which we have with chrome and beige two tone interiors. I fail to understand the reasoning behind this.

ts a rare gene these days and I plan to get the Swift asap, lest MS decides to go follow the 'upmarket' two tone way with the impending facelift Swift.
Good thought, get the Swift right away if your particular about the all-black interiors and I can understand your feelings since I hate beige interiors too.

For Chrome laden vehicles, Toyota takes the crown.

Quote:

Will the i-Dtec sport a 5 speed gear box similar to the Amaze or will it get the 6 speed one like the new City?
Knowing Honda, I guess your keeping a lot of high hopes on the Mobilio. Please don't.

Expecting a 6-speed gearbox is near to bleak. Ertiga and Innova being 5-speed, I don't think Honda would go out of the way and provide us with a 6-speed one. May be it'll be available in the international variant.

Anurag.
Old 1st June 2014, 07:29   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Great find Thilak29... ?

I'm sorry no interior pictures. I'm sure in days ahead lot more similar pictures will be flooded, you might get answers. I'm assuming specs will be similar to what's already sold in some East Asian countries like Indonesia.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Did you click those images personally? .

A non member shared with me hence I had to share.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st June 2014 at 10:33. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins on the same thread.
Old 1st June 2014, 12:37   #304
BHPian

Looks better than Ertiga in these latest pics. But I feel it has a confused look around the D-pillar area where it meets the tail-lamp assembly.To me, it seems like the designers were in a hurry to finish of the rear-end design and leave for the day.
One also gets a feeling that, during production, there was a sudden shortage of sheet-metal as it reached the rear end.

IMHO, It would have looked even better, without those black patches on the D-pillars.

And regarding chrome usage, for almost all manufacturers,with each passing model, the thickness of the strip keeps increasing. I don't know from where most of the designers got the weird notion that Indians love chrome, and the more you use it on a car, the better it will sell, irrespective of how inappropriately it is used.
Old 1st June 2014, 13:01   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post

And regarding chrome usage, for almost all manufacturers,with each passing model, the thickness of the strip keeps increasing. I don't know from where most of the designers got the weird notion that Indians love chrome, and the more you use it on a car, the better it will sell, irrespective of how inappropriately it is used.
The chrome looks horrible, but we always have the option of getting it wrapped with vinyl or CF vinyl to give it a mean look But this car is a looker no doubt, with its sharp lines compared to the ertiga. This one looks totally worth its price from the outside. I want a Mobilio exterior and Ertiga interior to be frank.

One drawback of big areas of chrome is that it offends dogs easily. A guy who brought the previous gen honda City with the chrome grille accessory was shocked to find a street dog which saw its own reflections in the chrome plate and scratched the grille with its nails. Poor dog and pity the owner
Old 1st June 2014, 13:42   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

One drawback of big areas of chrome is that it offends dogs easily. A guy who brought the previous gen honda City with the chrome grille accessory was shocked to find a street dog which saw its own reflections in the chrome plate and scratched the grille with its nails. Poor dog and pity the owner
Should be a good warning to all these guys here in tbhp who keep over polishing their cars to see reflections too. :-P

Cf vinyl will do the trick nicely. Just that 3m is way way too expensive.

Last edited by Red Liner : 1st June 2014 at 13:44.
Old 1st June 2014, 13:51   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Just that 3m is way way too expensive.
You get the vinyl at around 1/10th of what 3M charges outside or online. And I dont see 3M trying to justify the high price anywhere just on the grounds of superior quality etc. End of the day both look the same and do the same job.

Making the grille matte black or the CF effect will enhance the front look greatly and make it more mean.
Old 1st June 2014, 13:53   #308
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, dont you think the rear over hang is a bit too much. And the car really looks large!!

Hoping for the pricing to be below Ertiga. Though I dont plan to buy an MUV anytime soon.
Old 1st June 2014, 16:05   #309
BANNED

Quote:
The chrome looks horrible, but we always have the option of getting it wrapped with vinyl or CF vinyl to give it a mean look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Cf vinyl will do the trick nicely. Just that 3m is way way too expensive.
Quote:
You get the vinyl at around 1/10th of what 3M charges outside or online.

Making the grille matte black or the CF effect will enhance the front look greatly and make it more mean.
Guys,

Just a crude effort using Paint to mimic the 3M CF Wrap.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-10325343_10203106733481917_4846671060171134783_n.jpg

Comments please!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 20:54   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Guys,

Just a crude effort using Paint to mimic the 3M CF Wrap.
Its quite difficult to mimic the CF since it reflects light in a very unusual way so its not possible to get the reflections right. Here is what I tried to get:

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-1.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-2.jpg

IMO I would choose the second one.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 20:57   #311
BANNED

Quote:

IMO I would choose the second one.
Ah, I'll go with the second one too.

I hate chrome but not nil so the second one looks cool. Nice effort buddy though mine was very crude an effort.

Anurag.
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:28   #312
BHPian

I feel the chrome question should be asked to the fairer sex too. Quite a few of my female friends equate chrome with the cost of a vehicle. Thus, the more chrome a vehicle has, the more expensive it is (perceived to be). In that sense Honda has done the right thing by making it appear more expensive than Ertiga.
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:46   #313
BHPian

No offense meant to anyone, But from the side profile, it looks like two cars have been photoshopped to look like one!.

The crease lines are not carried forward beyond the front door, which makes the second half of the car as an afterthought.

The rear bumper panel is huge, when looked at from the side profile, covering a large area.
Old 2nd June 2014, 14:58   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Mobilio caught undisguised on Indian roads.Attachment 1245687Attachment 1245688Attachment 1245689

Mobilio sure looks a lot like the Innova in the first photo Honda has got another winner!
rajeshsundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 17:40   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
Mobilio sure looks a lot like the Innova in the first photo Honda has got another winner!
Provided they don't botch up on the pricing front ala the initial offering of the Jazz.
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks