Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 10:31   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post

IMO, it is the front grille that spoils the entire look. Maybe the regular Mercedes grille looks better.

And this car looked like being designed to appeal the Chinese buyers from day one. The humorous thing is that, Chinese manufacturers themselves are getting more mature & restrained recently!
You know I was reading somewhere about some fancy Chinese car that has recently debuted at some auto show. The magazine article said that the car was looking extremely VW- esque and understated and all the rest of it.

As a 'tongue-in-cheek' aside, they also remarked that it was not surprising because apparently most of the design and other teams at that company were ex VW staffers! Now unfortunately I cannot remember which car that was and which manufacturer.

However, the point Im making is that the Eastern blokes are indeed maturing in design language and so on, whereas some misguided teutonic boardroom jockey up at Stuttgart at the Merc HQ seems to think that all that the Eastern-origin slant eyed and brown skinned blokes want is a bit of bling wrapped up in some LED and encased in Indian Assembled or Chinese Assembled, German Badged Metal...( Don't get me wrong here. I am not racist, just expressing myself in a way so as to showcase and highlight the extreme disconnect that some of these Ivory Tower dwellers have, with ground reality in the marketplace).
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 11:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Facelifted E-Class to be launched in June 2013!

Oh man! I don't like that look at all, especially the front. That Silver doesn't look German! That front bumper got too many wavy lines.

The Black on the first post is much better though.
Old 12th June 2013, 11:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Oh dear heavens. From these pics of the Silver car, it looks like a big ugly Hyundai now!
Not any ugly Hyundai, I think it resembles the hideous Verna Transform with that Avantgarde front grille

I am a fan of the Avantgarde grille with the big 3-pointed star, but as others have mentioned, the Elegance trim grille will look much better on this car. And darker colours too.
Old 12th June 2013, 11:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

I was informed by the Mercedes Guys that the new E class or the facelifted E class will be launched at the end of this month or first half of the next month. September would see the CKD ML and GL being launched.
Old 12th June 2013, 12:03   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Though this is just a facelift but a lot has changed & for the good

Seems BMW should take lessons from Merc with respect to facelift/lci upgrades

PS - Love the rims.
Old 12th June 2013, 12:17   #21
BHPian

Here is a link to the review by Overdrive:

http://overdrive.in/reviews/2013-mer...cdi-road-test/

It looks to be the same car of which the pictures have been posted earlier.
Old 12th June 2013, 12:22   #22
HKS
BHPian

These people at CarDekho had confirmed this news last week: http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...onth-10534.htm
Old 12th June 2013, 12:44   #23
AVT
BHPian

Probably the only mercedes which deserves to be called ugly.
They completely ruined the E .
W211 or a W212 were way more pleasing than this.
Old 12th June 2013, 12:45   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post

Not any ugly Hyundai, I think it resembles the hideous Verna Transform with that Avantgarde front grille

I am a fan of the Avantgarde grille with the big 3-pointed star, but as others have mentioned, the Elegance trim grille will look much better on this car. And darker colours too.
Hey! Thank you for saying that! This is exactly like that hideous Verna Transform! Ghastly looker to say the least!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 13:43   #25
BHPian

Saw this very same car in lonavla on the way to amby a couple of days back. Honestly i dont like the look of it that much, prefer the current E BUT it looks way better in person than it does in these pics !
Old 12th June 2013, 14:02   #26
BHPian

The car looks ugly! Maybe Musavi_27 is right and the car looks better in person.
But I cant help but stare at the wheels! And they are different from the ones in pics posted before.
Old 12th June 2013, 14:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothless View Post
But I cant help but stare at the wheels! And they are different from the ones in pics posted before.
Yes, the wheels are different.
They resemble the ones seen on the A-Class.
Old 13th June 2013, 12:17   #28
BHPian

From what I see in the pics, I do think that it isn't bad looking.
IMHO I do not think that it looks like the bad karma that the Hyundai Transform was.
Mercedes is bringing together its design language in a fairly cohesive fashion, and I am quite certain that the car will win over a fair number of admirers once it is launched and is seen in the flesh.
I have not been a big fan of MercedesBenz E-class, preferring the previous one to the current one. The current one has never really grown on me though the tempting discounts available currently did make me consider if I can stretch my budget and buy it.
But after seeing the new one coming out soon, I have decided to wait for another month or so before firming up my decision.
The pictures currently available have the LED DRLs switched on which give it the unnecessary resemblance to Verna Transform, but my guess is that on the whole it will be quite slick.
Old 13th June 2013, 14:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

There was a time when you could just glance at a Mercedes and identify what class it belongs too. Those days are long gone. Now you have multiple body styles in the same class and the parameters that differentiate the classes is slowly diminishing.
If this car was infront of me I wouldnt be able to tell if it was the CLA , or the new C or the new E or the coupe version of the S or whatever. That i think is a debatable design language that the company is following.
But then again , its the new E and will find enough buyers to justify the non justifiable.
Old 17th June 2013, 12:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Pic Credit - Faizal Ashraf

E200 spotted at Bangalore now

Facelifted E-Class to be launched in June 2013!-img20130617wa0000_wm-1.jpg

Facelifted E-Class to be launched in June 2013!-img20130617wa0003_wm.jpg

Facelifted E-Class to be launched in June 2013!-img20130617wa0002_wm.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 18th June 2013 at 10:54. Reason: Adding Watermark. Thanks for sharing!
Scorcher is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks