Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2013, 13:47   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: *Rumour* : Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqaai?

Qashqai Prices revealed - Expected sale from Feb 2014.

Quote:
Nissan has released pricing and specification details for the second-generation crossover. Starting from £17,595 (~Rs 17.82 lakh) and rising to £27,845 (~Rs 28.19 lakh) the new Qashqai is more expensive than the outgoing model but this time the overall package is set to deliver more.

The four familiar trim levels remain in the new Nissan Qashqai: entry-level Visia, Acenta, Acenta Premium and Tekna. Visia models start at £17,595 (Rs 17.82 lakh) and rise to £22,395 (Rs 22.67 lakh) with standard kit including Bluetooth, hill start assist, cruise control, LED daytime running lights and air conditioning
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/...specs-revealed
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 10:57   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: *Rumour* : Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai?

Just a question. From the reports I understand that Qashqai will open a new segment for Nissan, in the same segment as Yeti - a premium 5 seater cross over.

So are we looking at another replacement for X-Trail as well - may be a 7 seater as another 5 seater above this will NOT make any sense?
Old 29th November 2013, 11:26   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Just a question. From the reports I understand that Qashqai will open a new segment for Nissan, in the same segment as Yeti - a premium 5 seater cross over.
So are we looking at another replacement for X-Trail as well - may be a 7 seater as another 5 seater above this will NOT make any sense?
In the international markets, the Qashqai goes against the likes of Yeti. Though I am not sure if they have any plans to launch it in India.

Here is the thread on the new X-Trail. Very different from the outgoing model.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ml#post3247400
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 19:52   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I think vb_san is correct. Qashqai is positioned below the x-trail and from what i read the 7 seater version of Qashqai i.e the +2 version is discontinued and X-trail will be the only 7 seater from 2014. Even if both were launched in India, I think the Qashqai would probably compete in the same range is Yeti and the X-Trail will be more in the Fortuner, Pajero Sport Territory.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 21:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

Why is Nissan trying to bring outgoing Qashqai? Or did ACI get it wrong? Check this link: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-366397.aspx
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 07:55   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Why is Nissan trying to bring outgoing Qashqai? Or did ACI get it wrong?
True, when I saw this video my first reaction was why are they doing a test drive of a model to be replaced next year.
Infact Autocar UK had reported a couple of months back that the new 2014 Qashqai will not have a +2 option, and the new X-trail will be their sole 7-seater model in the Cross-over/SUV segment.

Excerpts from the news item:
Quote:
When the next-generation Qashqai arrives early next year, there will be no seven-seat version, so the X-Trail will be Nissan’s sole offering in the seven-seat SUV segment.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 08:35   #67
Team-BHP Support

If Nissan in India can't play in the mass volume market, I think they should at least think about these X-over segment more seriously in terns of localisation. 1500 units per month can be a very healthy sales for this class and they can gain a lot. There would be many takers for this product in 15-20 OTR range. Guys who will look for a premium upgrade and exclusivity over Duster/Terrano/XUV. But those who are afraid to get a Yeti.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 10:31   #68
Senior - BHPian

If news is that the Qashqai is touted to be bought at Fortuner/X-Trail prices, that's really funny. From my observations in the gulf markets, the Qashqai should be priced similar to that of the Yeti, at best. Or lower. In markets like Abu Dhabi, Doha and Dubai, the Qashqai retails for less than 108,000 riyals (with the highest option variant, an acquaintance bought one), which when converted to INR equals about 18,50,000. I'm referring to the early 2013, 5 seater model.

So definitely should not exceed 20 lakhs if Nissan will go the CKD route. If this is going to be true, Nissan is simply taking our market for a ride. They should realise that our market is maturing, people buying 15+ lakhs worth of vehicles are far well informed and have exposure to international motoring markets and because purchasing power has increased, it doesn't mean we have to be tricked or fooled.

Last edited by k_ajay : 4th December 2013 at 10:36.
Old 14th February 2014, 16:37   #69
BANNED

as the Qashqai was not showcased in auto expo, we can safely assume that it wouldnot launched in India in the near future. Right guys ??
Old 26th February 2014, 16:46   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Qashqai secured five-star Euro NCAP rating.

Quote:
The all-new Nissan Qashqai achieved a five-star rating by independent safety organisation Euro NCAP. The new model, which is now on sale across Europe, features a host of new and highly advanced safety components which helped it to pass all Euro NCAP's tough tests to register the max five-star rating
http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...ting-12498.htm
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 20:06   #71
BHPian

I had read this news on NDTV a couple of days back which mentioned that Nissan was discontinuing the X-Trail and 370Z in India.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/nissan-ind...z-coupe-381415

Time for Qashqai to make an appearance ? :-)
Old 26th February 2014, 23:10   #72
Senior - BHPian

It never made sense to have 3 vehicles so similar to each other. X-trail, Xterra and the Qashqai. Looks like Nissan finally realized it
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 23:53   #73
BHPian

I wish they work on their name before launching it in India or else half of our population will have a problem in pronouncing it correctly. Hope it does well and doesn't turn out to be a flop like the X-Trail
Old 23rd June 2014, 11:05   #74
Team-BHP Support

Nissan is mulling more SUVs for the Indian market. The Qashqai and X-Trail are among the products being considered.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 09:01   #75
BHPian

>>>
Is the X-Trail returning, maybe in a more contemporary version with both petrol & diesel engines?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks