Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2016, 19:44   #181
BHPian

Adding my dream list of cars I wish I could get in India:

1. BMW 335d

2. Mitsubishi Lancer

3. Ford Focus

4. VW Golf GTI

And finally, a nice, hot, red Monte Carlo Fabia with 200hp AWD MT.
just dreaming.......drool.
Old 19th November 2016, 20:20   #182
BHPian

Re: Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India

For the mass market, the following cars could generate moderate success for themselves

Kia Picanto
Kia Rio
Kia Cerato
Nissan Tiida
Old 19th November 2016, 22:14   #183
BHPian

Consideringthe usually large Indian families and the need to travel together some affordable cars and wagons which might sell well-

Honda Odyssey-
A full sized people mover from Honda. If priced well this might be a tough competitor for the Innova.

Toyota Sienna-
With Innova already ruling the roost in the luxury MPV segment and Hiace not seeing the day of light here in India, adding the Sienna as a more luxurious option for those who can afford.

Volkswagen Golf Sportwagen- An affordable spacious cruiser in the disguise of a station wagon it can be easily a more practical option to the Ertiga/Mobilio.
Attached Thumbnails
Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-2014hondaodysseytestreviewcaranddriverphoto607070s450x274.jpg  

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-2011toyotasiennaphoto317763s450x274.jpg  

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-2016volkswagengolfsportwagenlimitededition626x382.jpg  

Old 19th November 2016, 23:08   #184
Senior - BHPian

I really with they'd launch a reasonably priced RWD car.

A Miata or FT86 would be great. The problem is, unless it's made in India, it would be prohibitively expensive.

It's no good if the cars are available in India unless you can own them, is it?
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:40   #185

Here's a list of cars that I wish manufacturers would launch in India. Some of these are cars that I can afford but most of them are cars I wish I could afford.

Honda HRV
The compact/mid-size SUV segment has never been more popular in India that it is now. This handsome looking compact SUV would be a very nice addition to Honda's portfolio as well as to our roads.

Honda S660
This tiny little compact sports car (if you can call it that) costs 12 Lakh Rupees in Japan. Even as a CBU, it makes sense to sell this in India as there's dearth of nice driver's cars under 30 lakhs. This tiny little car would be easy to drive on our mostly narrow roads, easy to park and might be more fun inside the city than any low slung exotic.

Toyota HiAce
There were rumors of this one being launched in India as some sort of a premium people mover. The HiAce might not sell well but if it's launched as CBU and marketed as a more luxurious alternative to our Tempo Travellers, it might just gain traction in Tier-1 cities and help further strengthen Toyota's already fantastic reputation.

Toyota Hilux
Not really sure how well the Isuzu D-Max sells in our country since I don't see Isuzu's numbers in the monthly sales charts but Toyota should consider the Hilux given Isuzu hasn't shut shop in India yet.
The Hilux is one tough vehicle and given Toyota's bigger sales network and reputation, this one should sell well.

Ford Fiesta
In particular, the Euro spec model. Ford needs to stop relying solely on the Ecosport to justify their existence in India and start selling cars Indians might actually want to buy. The Figo twins were great driver's cars (particularly in the diesel avatar) but they have flopped. Ford needs a winner and it needs it fast

Ford Escape
Another Ford that would make sense given India's current appetite for SUVs.
It's a good looker, quite practical and if priced correctly, might be able to replicate the Ecosport's success in it's (higher) segment
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:20   #186
Senior - BHPian

Would love to own a good looking van someday, not sure if our market is ready though! Makes more sense than an SUV to seat 7 people in comfort, better space inside and more practical too.

Something like VW transporter or Ford transit could do what Isuzu did for the pickup market!!!

If I had bit more money :

Last edited by giri1.8 : 23rd January 2018 at 13:22.
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2018, 19:05   #187
BHPian

ALFA ROMEO GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-img_20180603_212546.jpg

SUBARU WRX STI

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-images.jpeg

MAZDA 6

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-c9c226b15745599a62902dfa17633b603d0dc454.jpg

MITSUBISHI LANCER

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-unnamed-1.jpg

TOYOTA FJ CRUISER

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-unnamed.jpg

There goes my wishlist.

Last edited by Flyer : 3rd June 2018 at 19:17.
Flyer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2018, 20:55   #188
BHPian

Tesla Model S, X, 3, Roadster

Honda HRV

Skoda Citigo

Smart Car
Old 3rd June 2018, 22:17   #189
BHPian

Ranked by how desperate I'd be for each:

1. Miata

2. Ranger Raptor

3. Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro

4. The Lincoln version of the upcoming Everest-based Bronco - if it's ever made.

5. New Polo
Mu009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2018, 23:10   #190
Senior - BHPian

Here goes my list:

1. I'd have swapped my ex Renault (Dacia) Lodgy for this one. Absolute cracker of an MPV. Love it, especially the 1.6 dCi 6 speed manual version.

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-renaultgrand_scenic2017102403.jpg

2. DS being the top line niche brand of Citroen, their designs are earning rave reviews. I love the DS5 for loads of French quirkiness (honestly, you don't have to go looking for it on this one!) and practicality. Ever wondered (like me) where Ford nicked that boomerang design for the foglamps on the new Freestyle? Here we go:

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-ds52016102402.jpg

3. Love the new Santa Fe; this and the premium interiors should make an absolute stonker of an urban SUV. Would love to see this launched here soon!

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-hyundaisanta_fe201910240e.jpg

4. Another practical crossover that I warmed up to in the UK. This Qashqai is the Creta equivalent in the UK. Every neighbour and his grandma drives one and I can see why: it's immensely practical and ticks almost all of the boxes for a family crossover, especially the 1.5 dCi 6 speed manual. Yes, many vouch the 1.5 diesel is better than the 1.6 and also the 1.5 is slightly frugal.

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-nissanqashqai2018102404.jpg

5. If there was a hatchback I'd like to see launched here, it's the Megane. I mean, just look at it. Again, the 1.5 diesel with the 6 speed manual mated to this beauty will have me rushing to the Renault showroom.

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-renaultmegane2016102403.jpg

6. Excuse all the so called performance hatchbacks. Enter, the GT. Need I say more? Half my time would be spent on admiring this beauty in my garage. I don't see any potential for such a performance hatchback in this country but yeah, there you go.

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-renaultmegane_rs2018102402.jpg

7. Honestly, how hard is it for VW to launch this Polo? I'd be an overnight VW convert!

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-volkswagenpolo2018102403.jpg

8. Finally, saved the best for last. I don't like sportscars, period. In my pecking order, practical, usable cars top the list and I know I'll be stirring a hornet's nest when I say this: I've never liked a Ferrari or a Lambo or a Mustang. I have a soft corner for Porsche and that's about it. Never dreamt about buying one. But if I make space for one, and only one sports car, this would be it: the Alpine A110. I know what you're thinking. It doesn't have a pedigree of a prancing horse or a raging bull but it is understatedly classy and that's pretty much me. I like to enjoy what I enjoy without being brash and letting the world know about it. Welcome the Alpine A110. Thank you Renault for making this beauty. You've rekindled the Alpine legacy from the days of yore and I'm posting a pic with the new A110 parked next to the legend. Well, this completes my list and yeah I don't see the A110 in India, ever.

Cars we wish manufacturers would launch in India-alpinea1102018102439.jpg

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 3rd June 2018 at 23:12. Reason: Pics courtesy: netcarshow.com
swiftdiesel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 00:33   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
But if I make space for one, and only one sports car, this would be it: the Alpine A110. I know what you're thinking. It doesn't have a pedigree of a prancing horse or a raging bull but it is understatedly classy and that's pretty much me. I like to enjoy what I enjoy without being brash and letting the world know about it. Welcome the Alpine A110. Thank you Renault for making this beauty. You've rekindled the Alpine legacy from the days of yore and I'm posting a pic with the new A110 parked next to the legend. Well, this completes my list and yeah I don't see the A110 in India, ever.

Attachment 1767011
This is very interesting!

Renault is one of the few manufacturers that hasn't dabbled with the idea of a flagship / sports car / crown-jewel.. you know what I mean.

They should seriously consider bringing the Alpine brand to India and showcasing their prowess.

And let's forget about the Megane and Clio for a second...

Why not bring the Twingo GT to our shores!

Imagine a 0.9 litre turbocharged engine hanging out the back, in a feisty little car priced at 10 lakh! I think it will be fantastic!
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 08:28   #192
Team-BHP Support

Whenever I come from Nepal, I see a slew of snazzy cars and big burly SUV's. Yesterday, spotted a Peugot, searched on WWW and found out, its a 3008, loved it man, it just looks awesome. Right proportions and everything, will buy it if its launched.

And what is with Ford/Toyota..? So many big brawny trucks/SUV's based on F-150 & Hi-Lux platforms. The new ones by Ford are intimidating and look modern, something unmatched by today's Toyotas and Mitsubishis.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 10:28   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
2. DS being the top line niche brand of Citroen, their designs are earning rave reviews. I love the DS5 for loads of French quirkiness
Me too would have loved to see this one in India, but this sure won't. Like all good things (must) come to an end..

DS Automobiles has ended production of the DS4 and DS5 hatchbacks.

https://paultan.org/2018/06/04/ds-au...r-ds4-and-ds5/
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks