Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2014, 18:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW launches the 7 Series Facelift

Congrats ! How much did you pay extra for the 19inch rims?
Old 10th October 2014, 03:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Finally picked yesterday , upgraded to 19 inch alloys .
Congratulations on the car. How was the dealership experience when the car was delivered to you? Please post more interior pics. May you have a trouble free ownership.
Old 10th October 2014, 06:50   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally picked yesterday , upgraded to 19 inch alloys .
Hey Congrats, long over due :-) Hope you got a great deal and it serves you well. Did you buy BSI?
Old 10th October 2014, 12:11   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Congrats ! How much did you pay extra for the 19inch rims?
Thanks , there is some confusion on the costs , sales manager in consultation with parts manager asked me to pay Rs 1 lac extra which I agreed and gave go-ahead , almost at time of delivery when they had to change wheel details in invoice for Insurance they realised something is wrong . On recheck of calculations actual difference is coming around 2,5 Lac . Given relations with dealership I accepted to pay extra over Rs 1 lac based on actual costs they will incur without any profits . I understand it was an err at their end but we all do mistakes and I don't want anyone should suffer due to some inadvertent calculation mistake . 19 inches have mixed tires & most likely parts manager skipped this . These Rims -size , colour & shape add to aesthetics of car & it looks little taller then one on 18 inches.

Quote:
How was the dealership experience when the car was delivered to you? Please post more interior pics
Thanks for wishes , Dealership experience has always been 5 Star for us , rather for everyone in my opinion given my observations whenever I am visiting them . Owner of Chandigarh / Ludhiana dealership is involved in daily operations and is very reasonable & professional . Apart from old car I have not paid any money yet as I left for Delhi on same day of taking delivery in hurry , you can imagine how supportive they are . I will get more pictures soon.
Quote:
Hope you got a great deal and it serves you well. Did you buy BSI?
Thanks Androdev , Yes it got delayed for many months ( Years maybe ) . I waited for new S class for a while but absence of Rear Comfort package ( or whatever they term ) on Indian spec models was a big let down. I got quite competitive prices for my old 530D besides pretty good discount on new purchase . I negotiated Delta amount . Somehow I found rear sitting a little lower in new S Class against almost Sofa like height on 7 & rear Arm Rest / iDrive feel so different then arm rest & remote operations for rear on S . Plus the chiller in rear which actually cool drinks . Yes I picked up 4 Year / 60 K BSI pack @ 4,3 L

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th October 2014 at 12:26.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 09:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

I saw this car, sat in it at the BMW Ultimate Driving Experience event. It felt... big. The interior was good, but somehow the 650i's interior felt even more luxurious.

I think Mercedes has the edge when it comes to plush interiors. I'd get the S class instead. BMWs are all about small, fast cars IMO.
Old 12th October 2014, 09:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Is the facelift only of 'L' cars or its in general. The prices mentioned are giving only L series prices.
Even I think MB styling is better and getting much better in its future cars.
Old 12th October 2014, 17:49   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Is the facelift only of 'L' cars or its in general. The prices mentioned are giving only L series prices.
Even I think MB styling is better and getting much better in its future cars.
That is because only the long wheelbase versions are sold here. For the A8, XJ, and S class the same holds true. Only the previous S was offered in the standard wheelbase variant in the S300.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 17:57   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
That is because only the long wheelbase versions are sold here. For the A8, XJ, and S class the same holds true. Only the previous S was offered in the standard wheelbase variant in the S300.
Really? I always thought the S300 was the same long wheel base. Wouldn't make sense for them to call separate kits for just that model which didn't even sell all that much.

Mercedes needs to launch a better priced model of the S soon as the XJ and 7 after discounts are nearly 15 to 20 lakhs cheaper. The S although selling well is not doing as well as I expected. Still only a few on Mumbai roads. Perhaps a petrol S350 or S300 prices 10% cheaper is needed ASAP

Last edited by Sahil : 12th October 2014 at 17:59.
Old 12th October 2014, 17:58   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Really? I always thought the S300 was the same long wheel base. Wouldn't make sense for them to call separate kits for just that model which didn't even sell all that much.
Yup pretty weird, but it was definitely the regular wheel base. The car hardly sold, even though it had a decent price tag when it was launched, some 6xlacs ex showroom.
Old 16th January 2015, 19:02   #25
Team-BHP Support

BMW has silently launched a cheaper version of 7 series - Prestige and priced around 14 lac less than regular one .

Missing are LED Headlights , Cool Box , Rear Massage function , Lumbar seats & Lower grade Audio
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW.pdf (2.19 MB, 481 views)
File Type: pdf Price List Jan .pdf (47.0 KB, 937 views)

Last edited by Turbanator : 16th January 2015 at 19:05.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 11:10   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BMW has silently launched a cheaper version of 7 series - Prestige and priced around 14 lac less than regular one .

Missing are LED Headlights , Cool Box , Rear Massage function , Lumbar seats & Lower grade Audio
They have priced it bang on with the XJ now. However I don't see the point of this as the regular loaded 7 was available at 88 ex-showroom after discounts. Unless they are discounting the Prestige version well it might not sell as well as it does miss some vital features. The XJ is slightly better loaded and not as late in its life cycle.

I hope this urges Mercedes to follow and launch a cheaper version of the S or atleast spec the S350 better. Gosh, the alloys they offer on that model are B-O-R-I-N-G ! Also the rear bumper ought to have the exhaust inserts like the S500
Old 18th January 2015, 11:51   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't see the point of this as the regular loaded 7 was available at 88 ex-showroom after discounts
Agreed , they should remove Discounts and make List Price lower , maybe they could have targeted corporate customers who otherwise would have considered E class / 5 series .

I am sure given the way Euro is depreciating , we should have some serious discounting in coming weeks , in last 30 days Euro has gone down from somewhere around 80 to 72

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th January 2015 at 11:53.
Old 18th January 2015, 16:32   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed , they should remove Discounts and make List Price lower , maybe they could have targeted corporate customers who otherwise would have considered E class / 5 series .

I am sure given the way Euro is depreciating , we should have some serious discounting in coming weeks , in last 30 days Euro has gone down from somewhere around 80 to 72
Doesn't seem like they are cutting any prices. Infact they have quietly increased prices by about 4% across the range. Gutsy move by BMW considering they are getting thrashed by their competitors.
Old 18th January 2015, 17:26   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Doesn't seem like they are cutting any prices. Infact they have quietly increased prices by about 4% across the range. Gutsy move by BMW considering they are getting thrashed by their competitors.
Yup I have the pricelist pre-January and post-January and the X1,3 series, 3GT have increased by 2 lakhs. The 5 series by around about 3 lakhs. The only odd one out is the X3 which has actually decreased by around about 2.5 lakhs. Even the 7 series prices have increased but there has been a prestige model addition.

I am guessing the X3 is getting thrashed by the XC60 and Q5.
Old 26th October 2015, 20:37   #30
Team-BHP Support

Clearance Sales by BMW !

Few cars are being offered by BMW in Prestige version at very high discounts - close to List Price of 530-D This model is missing many features but has the Rear Recline / Adjusting Seats which is what most of guys will be looking in this segment .

Need views from fellow members , will it make sense to pick this at such tempting pricing ? I know facelift is on way but thinking purely from perspective of being driven considering super comfortable rear seat it offers & overall image & feel of such large Car .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks