Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2013, 08:41   #31
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Launches new H series Xylo, with M-Hawk Engines. M-Eagle discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
I will be getting my H8 delivered mostly tomorrow. Here is a snap taken via Mobile Camera at Dealer's stockyard.
Congrats Rajesh ! Please take the honor of posting the first ownership review in TBHP for Xylo-H Series

Is it only white which has a 2wk delay? I am planning for Java Brown.
I can do the booking only in the 2nd week of July. I guess I need to talk to the dealer and find out. If there is a delay I might as well pay some booking amount and get the ball rolling.

Advice?
Old 28th June 2013, 08:47   #32
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Launches new H series Xylo, with M-Hawk Engines. M-Eagle discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manij View Post
My thoughts are:

1) This depends on the number of people you will have travelling on the car as well as the kind of travel you do. If you do regular long distance travel with more than 4/5 people on board, you will need a roof luggage holder fitment.

rajwheelz: Nope. Maximum of 1 trip per quarter. And maximum of 5 ppl. So I guess I dont need the luggage holder

2) Parking and field of view while reversing will take some time to get used to, especially in narrow spaces. Of course if you have good wide parking available, this point is not relevant.

rajwheelz: Still contemplating if a reverse camera unit will help or will the stock reverse "assist" will do the job

3) Stock tyres are tried & tested and hence good enough, every other upgrade option seem to have some downside or the other.

rajwheelz: Multiple opinions point to this same. So I am sticking to Bridgestone for now :-)

4) I have the 2+2+3 version and I find it the middle row extremely comfortable. Have also driven the 2+3+3 version. Surprisingly for elders in my family, they like the middle 3 seat option better and feel that is more comfortable. I guess it allows them to sit shoulder to shoulder, interact more, easier to make small kids lie down leaning on them, etc. If I am doing my buying all over again, I would probably go for a 2+3+3 version. However when I bought my Xylo (on company lease scheme), I was eligible only to buy a 7 seater and not a 8 seater (8 seater is apparently categorized as commercial use vehicle).

rajwheelz: I asked my parents and they liked 2+2+3.

One other point I would like to point out is the daily cleaning/wipedown part. Lot more surface area means that much more time for cleaning, and the height means additional support is needed while cleaning the top. I need to pay 50% more money to the person cleaning my car in my apartment (as compared to cleaning a Sedan) and also have the realization that the roof is not being cleaned everyday.
rajwheelz: I unwind from work by cleaning my car !. So no hassles here. The bigger the better :-D
Old 28th June 2013, 11:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajwheelz View Post
Congrats Rajesh ! Please take the honor of posting the first ownership review in TBHP for Xylo-H Series

Is it only white which has a 2wk delay? I am planning for Java Brown.
I can do the booking only in the 2nd week of July. I guess I need to talk to the dealer and find out. If there is a delay I might as well pay some booking amount and get the ball rolling.

Advice?
Raj, please check with the dealer if they have Java Brown in stock. Even if they have one in stock, they will take 3-4 days time to deliver due to the many formalities. You can talk to Lakshmi Kiran @ Anant Cars - 9900048809, he is really helpful to me and hope he can help you also.
As per the dealer, the H series got good response and moving well.
RajeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 22:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manij View Post

I started searching when I heard a remark from my brother on the new Xylo looking shorter and 'less likely to topple over'. Also I remembered my Xylo being 1850mm in width (also the same number is mentioned in wikipedia link for Xylo, and on carwale. However the width on other sites for the H models indicate 1770mm. Was not able to get the info from the MahindraXylo site, hence this post.
You have the answer on the dimension here..

Mahindra Launches new H series Xylo, with M-Hawk Engines. M-Eagle discontinued.-image624095443.jpg
RajeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 11:48   #35
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra is rumoured to be gearing up to roll out an updated version of the Xylo.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 16:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Mahindra is rumoured to be gearing up to roll out an updated version of the Xylo.
I am sure the 'extra chrome' and 'body graphics' will attract a lot of buyers. The Xylo's sales have been declining month after month and has fallen 52% in July 2014. Like you correctly mentioned, private buyers are shying away from the Xylo and opting for MUVs which are more car like to drive. Interestingly, Honda expects volumes from Tier 2 and 3 cities and smaller towns for their Mobilio and that seems like the final nail in the coffin for the Xylo.

The Xylo is too tall, too bouncy and ugly IMO; and it seems towards the end of its short life cycle in the country. I guess this will be Mahindra's last attempt to revive the sales of the Xylo before making way for an all new MUV from Mahindra.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 19:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

This is the one coming.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Launches new H series Xylo, with M-Hawk Engines. M-Eagle discontinued.-img_20140919_195015.jpg  

Mahindra Launches new H series Xylo, with M-Hawk Engines. M-Eagle discontinued.-img_20140919_194942.jpg  

Mahindra Launches new H series Xylo, with M-Hawk Engines. M-Eagle discontinued.-img_20140919_194956.jpg  

Mahindra Launches new H series Xylo, with M-Hawk Engines. M-Eagle discontinued.-img_20140919_195005.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 20:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This is the one coming.

Thanks Sidindica, for the update.

Wonder why the incomplete chrome job on the front upper lip.

Suspension was never a problem, for me at least. I run this giant sized people carrier with 41 psi on both front and back tyres on alloy wheels, and the city ride comfort over potholed roads is quite commendable.

Hope they tweak the looks some more for the better, as this is the only sore point, IMO.

Also, I really hope Mahindra some day incorporates my feedback from an owner's perspective, as I had mentioned in my post no. 141 below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...launch-10.html

Last edited by mooza : 19th September 2014 at 20:24.
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 10:37   #39
BHPian

The 60:40 third row is some thing which I will miss badly. This is really useful feature when we have little more luggage to carry.
Old 21st September 2014, 10:51   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This is the one coming.
What's with the weird chrome mustache? M&M is seriously going bonkers with styling!

On the whole, except the suspension part, doesn't really seem like anything has changed.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 12:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
The 60:40 third row is some thing which I will miss badly. This is really useful feature when we have little more luggage to carry.

Absolutely agree on this point.

I really hope there is a way out to get these split seats retrofitted on our existing Xylos. It will be worth the cost.
Old 21st September 2014, 14:09   #42
BHPian

And Xylo goes the Pink Panther mustache way.

Ah well... at least thank heavens they didn't let the Scorpio designers get their hands on this one.
Old 22nd September 2014, 12:15   #43
BHPian

Well the 60:40 3rd row Split is available only from H8 variant onwards. Has anybody with experience of the Old XYLO (mEagle / mHawk) taken a test drive of the "New Refinements" and confirm if these are really key differentiators ?

I will be in the Market for an SUV / MUV and is considering Duster / NewGen Scorpio / XYLO. And i am upgrading from a Logan of 6+ years, so ride quality does matter.
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 17:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

M&M rolls out its Xylo MPV with a minor mid-life refresh

The Xylo MPV with a minor mid-life refresh has hit the Mahindra showrooms. The exteriors now include chrome highlights on the bonnet and the rear tail-gate. New body graphics too feature on the Xylo.

Changes to the interiors are a lot more prominent than the subtle exterior modifications. The dashboard now wears a new two tone theme - beige and black with textured wood inserts. The meter console too is different and the dials are big and easy to read. Seats of the Xylo wear new fabric seat upholstery. The third row seats offer better flexibility, as they now split in a 60:40 configuration.

One of the biggest mechanical changes in the Xylo is what Mahindra calls 'comfort suspension' which has been tuned for better ride quality and handling characteristics compared to the outgoing model.

The Xylo will continue to be sold with the same diesel engine options - mDI CRDe 2.5L and mHAWK 2.2L, available in 7, 8 and 9 seater configurations (variant specific).

Mahindra Launches new H series Xylo, with M-Hawk Engines. M-Eagle discontinued.-xylo1.png

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 23rd September 2014 at 17:08.
S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 19:44   #45
Senior - BHPian

The color displayed in the brochure is a refreshing change (is it a variation of the breeze blue shade?)

This has been my grouse against most MPVs. Not too many color options. Hope new generation MPVs are offered in more attractive colors.
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks