Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 12:22   #46
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP scoops 2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift

Tata needs to accept that they are no Maruti when it comes to a new model launch. Adding a spoiler, Set of Head & tail lamps & New bumpers is not going to change the game for them. The design clues borrowed from the decade old indica does not please the eye anymore (If it ever did). Time to initiate a makeover now. I too believe, the Vista is one gem of a vehicle, Value for money at its best but its been tagged as the indica & the same design theme puts me off, which i think most of us would agree of. All the best Tata Motors!
Old 26th August 2013, 13:29   #47
BHPian

In my opinion, Tata should not consider the existing Indica Vista as a base for new model. They should come with an all new Indica Vista. But if the image shown here is of the actual car, I doubt it can really make much difference.

Last edited by MaxTorque : 26th August 2013 at 13:31.
Old 26th August 2013, 14:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

What the Vista needs urgently is the re design of the rear. It was quite bland. Front is okay with the Manza grill. However, better styling of front is always welcome.The rear design puts off quite a few buyers and many still confuse it with the Indica. Also, the side impact plastic strip, which was black on low end models(which was discontinued in the newer version ) should not make a return.

Another area of problem is wheel caps. One medium deep pot hole, and there goes the wheel cap. Why cant Tata make them fixed to the drum along with wheel?

Air conditioning needs to be improved.

Of course, the instrument cluster should be moved to driver side. This also allows to redesign the dash.

As MaxTorque has noted, all new car is always better. In that case, the Vista can still be sold alongside the new model.

Last edited by simplyself : 26th August 2013 at 14:31.
Old 26th September 2013, 13:09   #49
Senior - BHPian

Team-BHP renders rear end of 2014 Indica Vista facelift

Link to News Section

Tata Motors continues to test the 2014 Indica Vista, with the car's launch scheduled to happen early next year. The facelifted 2014 Vista is a part of the product overhaul that Tata Motors has planned under the HORIZONEXT strategy. Earlier this year, the Indica, Indigo eCS, Sumo Gold and the Nano were facelifted under the HORIZONEXT strategy. The 2014 Vista and the Sumo Grande facelifts will be the other new launches under this strategy.

Team-BHP scoops 2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift-2014-tata-vista-facelift-speculative-render.jpg

Note: The render showcased in this report is speculative in nature.

All these cars feature incremental changes in design and quality levels, and are aimed at keeping the sales charts ticking until Tata Motors comes up with a next-generation range of cars after 2015. Team-BHP's rendering artist AntlerRoad has conjured up the rear end of the 2014 Vista, showcasing various changes such as the new tail lamps, re-positioned number plate and the redesigned hatchback lid. The rear bumper is also expected to get a makeover. Although not depicted in the speculative render, the flanks of the car are likely to see changes in the sheet metal geometry.

Up front, the 2014 Vista will borrow cues from the Manza Hybrid concept that was showcased at the 2012 Indian Auto Expo. Click here to view Team-BHP's exclusive spyshot of the 2014 Indica Vista's front end. The 2014 Vista will retain the 1.2 liter and 1.4 liter petrol engines, and the turbo diesel motors with capacities of 1.3 liters and 1.4 liters. The 1.3 liter Fiat sourced Multijet turbo diesel engine will be available in two states of tune.

The 5 speed manual gearbox will also be retained on the facelifted model, while an automatic gearbox is not in the scheme of things. Since the 2014 Vista is based on the same platform as the current model, the shell of the car including the profile will be carried over unchanged. This also means that the curvy profile of the car will be unchanged, with the sharper design language expressed only at the front and the rear. Click here for the gist of the changes on the 2014 Vista.

On the interiors, new features could be added while the overall fit and finish levels are likely to be improved. The HORIZONEXT strategy involves many measures to improve the quality and reliability levels of Tata cars. These measures are likely to be reflected on the 2014 Indica Vista. The Vista hatchback is Tata Motors' B+ segment offering that counts the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Ford Figo as its direct rivals.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 26th September 2013 at 13:15. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 23:40   #50
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP renders rear end of 2014 Indica Vista facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Team-BHP's rendering artist AntlerRoad has conjured up the rear end of the 2014 Vista, showcasing various changes such as the new tail lamps,
I really doubt such drastic change in tail lamp will be possible with a face lift. This could be true for the redesigned model, but not for a facelift.
teamveevee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 09:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
I really doubt such drastic change in tail lamp will be possible with a face lift. This could be true for the redesigned model, but not for a facelift.
Wait and watch.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 11:50   #52
Senior - BHPian

I think Tata needs to adopt a design theme for their models just like Hyundai adopted the Fluidic, Ford adopting Kinetic. But this design theme should be a drastic change from the current design. I am not designer but just my thoughts so that it is easier for them to align their products.
Old 27th September 2013, 12:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why not? According to the render, not a single concerned panel needs to be changed, barring for the tail-gate, which will possibly come under the scalpel anyway.
Old 30th September 2013, 12:08   #54
BHPian

Quote:
It is quite possible. All that Tata needs to do is:
  1. Remove the top half of the cluster and replace the hole with a black strip of plastic
  2. Stick extensions, with reflectors, to the tail lamp covers on the boot lid. This would be similar to what we saw in the facelifted Sumo Grande showcased here. http://www.team-bhp.com/news/team-bh...rande-facelift
  3. Change the sheet metal on the boot lid to incorporate a recess for the number plate - i.e. a new boot lid
  4. Remove the number plate recess from the rear bumper - i.e. a new rear bumper

However, I do not think they should (or would) do this. If the tail lamp extensions on the boot lid are just that, not real lamps, then this new configuration may have two lamps less than the current one. The current configuration has two red lamps in the top section, for parking and brakes, and one red fog lamp in the lower section.

Or maybe they will re-design the lower section of the cluster!
Old 10th October 2013, 10:48   #55
Senior - BHPian

IAB have reported the sighting of Vista with redesigned tail-lights. Please refer the link:

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/10/2...ta-spied-99889

It appears that the lights have been arranged on the lower portion of the bootlid, as compared to the Christmas Tree arrangement.

Also, the rear number-plate is now moved to lower portion of bootlid from the bumper.

The front seems to have minor changes in terms of bumper redesign & a new grille which seems to be influenced by the Manza Hybrid concept shown at 2012 Auto Expo.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 12:33   #56
BHPian

Another sighting at Coimbatore

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/10/2...t-spied-100635
aditya79india is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 15:29   #57
BHPian

New 2014 Tata Indica Vista facelift spied

Tata Motors is planning to give an extensive facelift to the Indica Vista hatchback. This test-mule was spied near Coimbatore.

Team-BHP scoops 2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift-tata.jpg

"The Indica Vista is expected to receive a long list of cosmetic and styling updates such as a new front fascia which could be inspired by the Manza hybrid shown at the Auto expo earlier. At the rear, the tail-lamps are expected to be all-new and the current signature Christmas-tree arrangement will be ditched. Also, the spy shots show the number plate positioned on the boot-lid instead of the rear bumper as seen on the current car.

Expect the new Tata Indica Vista to carry over the current engine range which includes a 1.3-litre diesel engine with two power output options, a 1.4-litre TDI diesel engine which is BS-III only and a 1.2-litre petrol.

Our sources tell us that the Manza will also get a similar update in near future. Tata Motors could showcase the updated Vista and Manza at the upcoming Auto Expo in February 2014."

Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-360520.aspx
Old 16th October 2013, 10:08   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

More close up pics emerge.

The headlights are slimmer than that of the current Vista and it should complement the new Manza Hybrid concept inspired grille which will also be making its way on to the refreshed car.

Team-BHP scoops 2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift-2014tatavistarefreshspied.jpg

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/10/2...t-spied-100937
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 12:37   #59
BHPian

Quote:
More close up pics emerge. ....
I don't think headlights are slimmer, new headlights are similar to headlights of first version of Vista. If you look closer there is no turn indicator bulb in this picture when you compare with current triple barrel headlamps. Which means Turn indicator is arranged on the top side of two barrels, similar to old design. Change is in the bonnet, it's front edge will match turn indicator bottom line. Turn indicator bottom line will further merge with crease on side.

If we assume headlights are slimmer as per current picture then there will be metal (wedge like shape) portion between bonnet and headlights, I have never seen this kind of design.

I always thought of changing bonnet's front edge in my vista, to match indicator line. Only this change will give aggressive stance. Vista design was spoiled by smiley grill whichis being corrected in this facelift.

And I think they are not going away from Christmas tree tail lamps. It is not evident from the spy shots. Only they have moved numberplate, so that from back it will not look like Indica. And they have corrected smiley grill, again to look not like Indica.

Changes are welcome but too little too late...

Last edited by sushantr5 : 18th October 2013 at 12:43.
Old 19th October 2013, 14:01   #60
Senior - BHPian

Guys at MotorVikatan have snapped up another pic of the Vista, where the grill is partially visible. It confirms that the grill design is inspired by the Manza Hybrid shown at 2012 Auto Expo.

Here is link to IAB report on same:

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/10/2...t-spied-101238

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks