Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2013, 18:55   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP scoops 2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift

Spotted the same car on BETL yesterday afternoon around 1.30 PM, could not take picture.
Old 12th December 2013, 10:08   #77
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the comparison, Hemanth.

Doesn't it look like the entire instrument cluster is digital without a printed/marked version?
Old 13th December 2013, 08:58   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishakhFlynn View Post
Where was the place, exactly??
This is on Hosur road in Bangalore opposite Infosys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Doesn't it look like the entire instrument cluster is digital without a printed/marked version?
When I saw it in real and in this picture, for me it doesn't look like a "full-digital" version. I would be pleasantly surprised if Tata comes up with such a thing
Old 23rd December 2013, 15:57   #79
Senior - BHPian

Latest spy pics of the Tata Falcon, this time straight from Italy (courtesy Quattroruote-Italy):

Team-BHP scoops 2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift-tatavistafaceliftspiedinitalyfront.jpg

Team-BHP scoops 2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift-tatavistafaceliftspiedinitaly.jpg

Team-BHP scoops 2014 Tata Indica Vista Facelift-tatavistafaceliftspiedinitalyrear.jpg

IMO these are best spy pics of the car & the front & rear lights design is apparent from these.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 23rd December 2013 at 16:04.
CARDEEP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:16   #80
Senior - BHPian

OMG, this looks like they just changed the Bumpers (plastic), bonet (metal) & hatch door (metal). Everything else looks like the (same old) Indica! Even the mirror (ORVM) looks the same!

This couldn't be it, I seriously hope not!
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:41   #81
Senior - BHPian

The cavity created by removing the vertical tail lamps suggests they will fill it up using plastic! That wouldn't look good at all!
Old 23rd December 2013, 19:13   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Latest spy pics of the Tata Falcon, this time straight from Italy (courtesy Quattroruote-Italy):
Very disappointing!! The only possible good thing is that those X-mas tree tail lights are gone. Merry X-mas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
The cavity created by removing the vertical tail lamps suggests they will fill it up using plastic! That wouldn't look good at all!
Actually they may not be gone afterall! Those tail and reverse lights are clearly temporarily screwed. Those X-mas trees may be right back where they belong.

The Vista is far far better than the Indica, but no one would care - it's just a taxi. Tatas can never change that image simply by changing the name. Along with a new name, they have to come with something radically different, which doesn't seem to be happening.
Old 23rd December 2013, 21:39   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Those tail and reverse lights are clearly temporarily screwed. Those X-mas trees may be right back where they belong.
It is confirmed that X-mas lights are gone on the Falcon. The spy shots also indicate that. I was referring to the cavity on the sides of the rear windscreen which will not house the tail lights any more. It seems it will be filled up with plastic which will not look aesthetic.
Old 23rd December 2013, 22:21   #84
Senior - BHPian

It is the smaller details that TATA has to concentrate on, something like a bottle holder which has been added to indigo should also be added in new vista as well.

Vista is extremely under-rated car , hopefully the new design will give it a little push, also lets hope they bring in the 3cyl engine from TATA which can help them price it more competitively.
Old 24th December 2013, 09:28   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
IMO these are best spy pics of the car & the front & rear lights design is apparent from these.
Are there any under the hood changes?

IMO, looks far too similar to the current Vista for people to even sit up and take notice! Tata needs a blockbuster soon, but seeing this I am not sure if they will manage to get one!
Old 24th December 2013, 12:21   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

IMO, looks far too similar to the current Vista for people to even sit up and take notice! Tata needs a blockbuster soon, but seeing this I am not sure if they will manage to get one!
It's on the website - http://www.quattroruote.it/notizie/f...vista-a-torino

Also refer TBHP-ian - @dmplog post in another thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3327039

I believe they would be refining the same engines - 1.25L Diesel & 1.2L+1.4L Petrols. I do not have high expectations though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
They can have the blackened glass covering the cavity, like we have in Santro Xing (hatch glass is curved at the sides).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
OMG, this looks like they just changed the Bumpers (plastic), bonet (metal) & hatch door (metal). Everything else looks like the (same old) Indica! Even the mirror (ORVM) looks the same!

This couldn't be it, I seriously hope not!
This was the same from the day one. Falcon was supposed to look different from the Vista, & that's it. I hope the QC aspect has been taken care off this time.
Old 24th December 2013, 14:34   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They can have the blackened glass covering the cavity, like we have in Santro Xing (hatch glass is curved at the sides).
If you look at the hatch glass carefully, you would notice cuts at the bottom to accommodate the top portion of the new tail lights, suggesting that this is the final version. So the extended hatch glass will probably not fill that cavity.
Old 24th December 2013, 17:30   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Apologies for getting back on this again, but I believe this has been mentioned on the forum elsewhere as well, that there would be 1.2L turbo petrol engine in the Falcon.

Refer ACI grab for more details:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ns-368408.aspx
Old 24th December 2013, 17:36   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

The Head of Design of Tata Motors, Pratap Bose, has revealed that the Falcon 4 will have a new "Human Machine Interface" (HMI). He says that it will “change the way people interact with cars”.

Quote:
"As we developed and designed the car, we retained some of the elements and added some features that are completely new. For instance, the interior is much more driver focused. It’s about the pleasure of driving, the way we have designed the layout of the dashboard, feel of the knob and gearshift--they are all linked to that intrinsic product strength. The gear shift knob has been tested on 50-60 people to see it’s the right feel and have then come up with optimal solution. The thickness and feel of the steering wheel also has been tested extensively—internally and externally.

The Falcon will have new HMI (human machine interface) systems, and change the way people interact with cars. Second, it is important to package the engines and other aggregates in a compelling way. We are well placed to confront some of those challenges. Buying is becoming an emotional decision. In cars, it is possible to differentiate with what one sees and interacts with. I call it visual performance: Is someone excited seeing the car?"
Bose, who is credited with past designs such as the Pixel, Mega Pixel and Manza Hybrid, says that the Falcon would be his first production program.

Bose concludes the interview stating that the Falcon draws several features from higher segment models.

Detailed interview (and SOURCE) - http://www.livemint.com/Companies/jQ...ot-faster.html

Last edited by RavenAvi : 24th December 2013 at 17:37.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 22:01   #90
Senior - BHPian

Dear All, Going by the pics if this is to be termed as the 2014 facelift for Indica then I am afraid as there is nothing new to offer from Tata; atleast not through the pics. The present Vista is being done up with cosmetic tweaks and the same old car will once again roll out. Going by the current sauve looking hatches present in the market Tata will have tough time placing it again with tougher opponets this time like Polo GT, I10 Grand and may be even Honda Brio. Tata should think and do R&D before launching it. To sum it up I feel exteriors are as of now more-or-less same and at present the only winning edge for TATA can be under-the-hood upgrades in this facelifted Vista.

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 24th December 2013 at 22:05. Reason: Spell check
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks