Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2014, 12:42   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan India : The Way Forward

Couple of days back reading the news that Nissan has overtaken Maruti as biggest exporter I was under an impression that Nissan was just using India as a manufacturing base.

The news of Nissan directly getting involved in sales has come as a good news.
Old 16th February 2014, 21:46   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
OP, it would be have been better if you did add the source too.
It was in the Bangalore edition TOI y'day. Below is the link to the article from TOI. The link from E-TOI redirects to Zig-Wheels-

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...omotive/17903/

Personally, I am pretty optimistic after reading the news. I hope this decision turns out positive for Nissan.

What it means for the customer is something only time will tell. I have my vehicle's 2nd service coming up pretty soon.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 16th February 2014 at 21:47.
Old 23rd February 2014, 18:41   #93
BHPian

Nissan Australia has already put up the preview pages for the new XTrail http://www.nissan.com.au/Cars-Vehicl...TRAIL/Overview.

Looks definitely are a killer and it seems it has adopted the design cues from the Murano and improved upon it. With the 7 seater option it can start eating into the sales of the more powerful Pathfinder given it will be priced much lower. Can't say if I regret buying the last batch of the classic XTrail but when compared I do like the largish rear quarter glass in the current XTrail which does look like very small in the new upcoming version. The current XTrail has an unmatched all round visibility when compared to its competitors which reminds me that an ownership report is due since I just completed 5000 kms this weekend. However thumbs up to the all new XTrail and it is indeed a looker now compared to its contemporaries now.

samarjitdhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 22:18   #94
Senior - BHPian

And now, Nissan to discontinue X-Trail and 370Z in India. Teana to continue.

Whereas, the Micra to get India-centric features for the next gen model, probably in 2016.

Quote:
Nakumara also recognized that the rear seat is an important aspect for the Indian market, and not so much for the European version where it is mostly two people traveling on this class of car. Currently, the Micra’s wheelbase and seat architecture are the same for both regions, but as manufacturing for Europe moves to France with the next gen car, Nissan India could do a Grand i10 with heavier customization dictated by Indian market feedback.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 15:14   #95
Senior - BHPian

A close friend of mine is going through a somewhat frustrating experience, for sourcing something that is probably very simple and cheap. Here is the email, he has shot off today to Nissan's Customer care, after spending the last three weeks, trying to find the replacement parts, from EVERY A.S.S in Delhi, Noida and Ghaziabad!
His only fault - he is trying to source this from Nissan, rather than trying the Open Market!!

If this is still the case, even after the very public disassociation with HOVER, then how can someone trust Nissan at all?
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan India : The Way Forward-nissan_gaurav.jpg  

Last edited by roy_libran : 25th February 2014 at 15:21.
Old 20th March 2014, 11:56   #96
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As part of this plan, Nissan has gone on record to state that it targets 10% market share in India by 2016. The company wants to get there by launching 10 new cars and taking the number of dealerships to 300 (currently ~100).

Really? Makes me wonder if the pain is on the left hand, but the balm is being applied to the right.
Looks like the Nissan Chief agrees.

Quote:
"We are reviewing our mid-term plan," Kenichiro Yomura, president of Nissan India, told Reuters. "I don't know. It could be later," he said, when asked if the company was on track to achieve its market share target for India.

Nissan still hopes to achieve double-digit market share in India but the timing is under debate given the car maker's current performance and market conditions, Yomura said.
Source & Full Article
Old 13th May 2014, 20:28   #97
Senior - BHPian

For the first time in the 1.5 years of ownership, Nissan (rather someone they outsourced) has called for feedback. This time, it was regarding my last service experience. More than the quality of service provided, the 5-10 minute questionnaire was aimed to know how courteous my service center and their guys were. I was expecting a question on whether you had to take the car back after service, but didn't. Only one general question to rate the service quality on a scale of 1-10.

Anyone else with a similar experience?
Old 15th May 2014, 15:29   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Anyone else with a similar experience?
Yes I do, twice after first free servicing and 3rd paid servicing. I was told that the calls are from JD Power India.
Calls are more targeted towards service center operations and get up.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 21:16   #99
Senior - BHPian

Nissan's newly inaugurated Mumbai office to be hub for sales, marketing and dealer activities.

Quote:
“Our Chennai office will continue to be the nodal hub for Nissan Group operations in India as it is located close to our manufacturing and R&D centers. Mumbai is important for us from a business point of view offering us better reach to our pan-India stakeholders. We now plan to further increase our local footprint by setting up additional operations in strategic locations across India.”
Link to source.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 11:37   #100
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What's with car companies setting over ambitious targets? IMHO, a poorly performing organisation should first talk of getting the fundamentals right, instead of making tall claims.

Quote:
We may capture 8% market share by 2020 in India: Andy Palmer, Nissan Motor
Source & Full Article
Old 7th July 2014, 12:05   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What's with car companies setting over ambitious targets? IMHO, a poorly performing organisation should first talk of getting the fundamentals right, instead of making tall claims.

Source & Full Article
Hilarious!!
Both VW and Nissan will capture 16% by 2020.

MSIL and Hyundai...Beware. The Japs and Germans are coming.

On a serious note, completely agree with you GTO as over ambitious targets will only lead to them re and revising their original targets over and over again.

Just a simple maths:

By 2020, assuming India will become a 3.0 mil market, Nissan plans to sell 0.24 mil cars.

I.e 2,40,000 cars per annum or approx. 20,000 per month.
Nissan is currently selling 3027 cars a month(Ref: May 2014 Sales Figures)

So, they are looking at a paltry 661% growth in the next 5 years with no great model in the pipeline.

Thats some task for the Nissan Management!!

Last edited by arnabchak : 7th July 2014 at 12:07.
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 16:58   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2014 Union Budget is days away from being tabled in the Indian parliament, Nissan could make a very important announcement if the subsidies for electric vehicles is lucrative.

Nissan is considering Leaf Electric Car for India. Charging is a big challenge but Nissan is open to collaboration with local manufacturers on that.

Quote:
The Nissan Leaf is a 4.4 meter long, five seat electric hatchback that Nissan has recently updated. The electric car is powered by lithium ion batteries and features an electric motor that outputs 107 Bhp-280 Nm. The Leaf uses a CVT automatic transmission for torque transmission. The electric car comes with a range of 199 kilometers on a full charge of its lithium ion batteries and is capable of hitting a top speed of 144 Kph. The 0-100 Kph sprint is timed at 11.5 seconds. Nissan is considering a tie up with a local manufacturer for setting up charging infrastructure, and Mahindra Reva’s name is a strong contender
http://www.cartoq.com/nissan-leaf-electric-car-india/
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 09:28   #103
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review

Not sure if this was posted earlier on TBHP, quick search on news section also did not yield any results.
As per this news report, Nissan will be moving the production of the next-gen Micra (targeting European market) out of the Chennai facility to another one in France to enable them to focus on the local market here in India. I think this means the export hub for the Micra will now be their facility in France not Chennai.

Source:New Indian Express, Bangalore Edition 2 Aug 2014 - Link

Last edited by NPV : 3rd August 2014 at 09:36.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 12:19   #104
Team-BHP Support

Nissan is planning to manufacture the next-generation Micra hatchback in France, not at Chennai.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 10:41   #105
Senior - BHPian

Mr. Guillaume Sicard, President - Nissan India Operations, hinted that the company is studying the viability of bringing its premium luxury brand - Infinity, its well-acclaimed SUV - Patrol or its sports car - GT-R to India, as Completely Built Units (CBU).

Infiniti will have to go the Completely Knocked Units (CKD) route if it wants to gain a competitive advantage against its core rivals - Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz. However, Mr. Sicard suggested that they are not looking at any substantial investment at the moment and if introduced, Infiniti too will make it via the CBU route. The Patrol is Nissan's most successful 4x4 SUV sold in several international markets. This SUV has been around since 1951 and enjoys a cult following even today. The GT-R on the other hand needs no introduction - it is Nissan's most high-tech, most powerful offering, termed as a supercar beater by its fans due to its impressive performance statistics. Nissan is currently analysing the degree of impact these halo brands will have on the popularity of its passenger vehicles.

Ever since the company's split with Hover Automotive, it has taken up marketing, sales and distribution on its own shoulders. Presently, Nissan's immediate strategy is to increase brand recall of the Nissan and Datsun brand by introducing marketing campaigns that connect with the Indian audience. Mr. Sicard claims that the recall of their brand is very poor and many people are still unaware of their cars in the country. In one of its recent commercials Datsun has boldly taken a stab at its core rival - Maruti Suzuki. Datsun's aggressive ad campaign is likely to get noticed as per him. The company is also looking to expand its dealership network as well as improve the overall sales and service experience of its customers.

The company is heavily banking on the Datsun brand to be the one that drives volumes. The Go+, with its 5+2 seating configuration, is likely to be launched next year and Nissan is optimistic that this car will be well accepted by the Indian market. However, they have no plans to introduce an AMT version for either the Go or Go+ in the near future.

The rapidly growing compact SUV segment too is on Nissan's radar who plan to introduce a new SUV positioned below the Terrano to rival Ford's EcoSport. However, the product is still in its planning stage and no concrete details about the same were revealed.

Last edited by S2!!! : 10th October 2014 at 10:45.
S2!!! is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks