Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2014, 14:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata to launch Nano Automatic in Indonesia? Should it come here?

Bring it on Tata, an Nano AT is just what I am waiting to get my hands on as a beater car or maybe the ladies car to do all the running around. But Tata I request you to please price it right and make sense out of it and do offer a base version on the AT too. You guys just killed the Aria by its pricing, else people would have actually given it second looks. So please I request you not to do it with the Nano AT.
Old 17th January 2014, 16:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

I hope Tata is not reading this.
If Tata continues with an improved Nano every 4 months, then guys like me will keep on postponing the purchase hoping that the next version is really better.
What does Tata stand to gain from this? New customers?
Nah, more customers who are sitting on the fence waiting for the next release announcement.
Also, sadly existing owners get pushed one generation behind every time. Imagine the kind of resale that they would get.

I feel this situation is quite bad for Tata.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 09:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Tata will showcase the Nano with AMT and also the Nano with a opening hatch, at the AutoExpo according to AutocarIndia.

source - http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...+Articles+feed
Old 3rd February 2014, 09:58   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Traffic in Jakarta is genuinely some of the worst I ve ever experienced. Specially in peak hour and in the evenings.
Its really horrid to be stuck for hours in a car to traverse a short distance. If you walk, then you are assailed by terrible air pollution.
Whats good is that people follow lane discipline and are decent enough or sensible enough not to contribute to noise pollution by honking.

The Indonesian market is a perfect market for an Automatic or Electric powered small car like a Nano or Reva/ E20.

The same logic applies to urban India which is as unbearable, if not worse, in terms of traffic related chaos.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 10:10   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Tata will showcase the Nano with AMT and also the Nano with a opening hatch, at the AutoExpo according to AutocarIndia.

source - http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...+Articles+feed
Very much interested in knowing the source for this AMT system. With Maruti setting up a big capacity plant for itself, are these companies having a common vendor base - or did TATA also independently go ahead with the same thought process?

Interesting since two Indian Giants are taking the same direction simultaneously.
Old 3rd February 2014, 10:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Very much interested in knowing the source for this AMT system. With Maruti setting up a big capacity plant for itself, are these companies having a common vendor base - or did TATA also independently go ahead with the same thought process?

Interesting since two Indian Giants are taking the same direction simultaneously.
A fellow member stated, in the Falcon thread, that the AMTs used in the upcoming Tata Zest will be sourced from the Manesar facility of Magneti Marelli. Considering that Manesar is Maruti territory, it seems like this is a common vendor supplying from the same factory? I am assuming that Tata will stick to the same vendor for the Nano's AMT too.
safari_lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 15:42   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Nano gets an automated manual transmission (AMT) and open-able tail gate displayed at the Auto Expo-The AMT equipped version of the Nano is still a while away from production!

Tata to launch Nano Automatic in Indonesia? Should it come here?-2014tatananowiththeautomatedmanualtransmission1.jpg
Old 11th September 2014, 14:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Every month, I see reports on Nano AMT about to be launched. The latest on google says Nano AMT is expected this month. Any idea of an imminent launch?
Old 23rd October 2014, 10:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

As per news reports, Maruti is planning to launch the AMT version of the Alto K10 next month. That time, Tata will still have the facial expression of the person depicted in the picture above (and then blame 'bad luck' for poor Nano sales). Sorry if I am sounding too harsh, but many people like me who are in endless wait for the Nano AMT, will switch to Alto AMT.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 23rd October 2014 at 10:10.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks