Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2015, 13:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Driving Licence to go online in Bangalore. Launch on Oct 7th '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Unless we introduce Robots to do some of the tasks being done by Humans, we cannot eliminate corruption :(
It will also not eliminate touts.
Then we will have 'Robot operation charge', 'Robot handling charge' instead of the 'agent' fees and 'User Convenience fees' to recover cost for Robots.
Old 12th February 2015, 13:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post

Currently i am holding separate license for 4 wheeler and 2 wheeler.
My 4 wheeler DL was issued in Kerala and have validity till May 2017. And my 2 wheeler DL was issued in Karwar, Karnataka and will be expired on April 2015.

Thanks
Are you sure its illegal to hold two licences when the intent for the two are separate? For e.g. one issued for a 4W earlier then a separate one for 2W, especially when one is acquiring the 2nd much later?

What do professionals do? lets say someone driving a commercial vehicle with a commercial DL and also owning and driving a personal passenger car?
Old 12th February 2015, 13:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure its illegal to hold two licences when the intent for the two are separate? For e.g. one issued for a 4W earlier then a separate one for 2W, especially when one is acquiring the 2nd much later?
This case we can append the second one in the existing license.
And about the legality I am not very much sure, this was told by somebody.

Quote:
What do professionals do? lets say someone driving a commercial vehicle with a commercial DL and also owning and driving a personal passenger car?
No idea about this aspect. Isn't it with the commercial DL I can drive personal passenger car as well?
Old 12th February 2015, 20:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
I'm told that you need to pay some "special" fees here after the biometrics are taken? Obviously, no receipt is given for this "fee" collected.
None of that sort happened in my case at the Jayanagar RTO. The ARTO lady, on the other hand, was a pain to even communicate with (rude and inconsiderate, cost me a day).

The touts were doing their business as usual, some of them were making the cash payments at the cash counter even after the cut off time while direct applicants such as me weren't allowed to. Who knows, maybe the cashiers get a cut or something. What's stopping the department to setup an online payment system like how the passport office does is anybody's guess.
Old 12th February 2015, 20:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
None of that sort happened in my case at the Jayanagar RTO. The ARTO lady, on the other hand, was a pain to even communicate with (rude and inconsiderate, cost me a day).

The touts were doing their business as usual, some of them were making the cash payments at the cash counter even after the cut off time while direct applicants such as me weren't allowed to. Who knows, maybe the cashiers get a cut or something. What's stopping the department to setup an online payment system like how the passport office does is anybody's guess.
RTOs are cash cows for touts and middle men. It's most corrupted.

When my wife went for driving license, after her biometrics was taken, 100rs was asked.
And she said, everyone in the queue paid.
Old 13th February 2015, 21:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Well, today I had some free time and I thought of going to get my DL changed. I went to the koramangala RTO and approached the superintendent. She asked me if I am still saying at the same address and after I confirmed no then she asked me that write a letter mentioning the change of address and attach a proof. She was very helpful and told me all the things needed for processing.

After I completed all these she signed and took the letter herself to the cash counter and asked the cashier to collect money even though it was beyond their cut of time. And then I had to get my biometrics done and got an acknowledgement as proof. Entire process took hardly an hour. I sincerely thank the superintendent for helping me with this process.

Reading others mention about their experiences made me apprehensive but the whole process went through fine. Yes there were touts who approached me but I politely declined them all and went directly.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 19:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Entire process took hardly an hour.
You can expect to get your DL in a couple of weeks.

Yes they seem to have improved considerably. I had the same experience at both Indiranagar and Yeshwantpur RTOs.
Old 14th February 2015, 20:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
You can expect to get your DL in a couple of weeks.

Yes they seem to have improved considerably. I had the same experience at both Indiranagar and Yeshwantpur RTOs.
Same here. I had works at KR Puram, Yeshwantpur and Jayanagar RTOs past one year. All experiences were super smooth and clean. Lost a few hours of course.
Old 16th February 2015, 11:35   #24
BHPian

Such a breeze. J Ravi Sir post on the process of renewing the DL really helped. Thanks Sir.

The only difference here in Jayanagar RTO was that the Medical Officer is not present anywhere near the RTO. The guy near the old RTO building took Rs. 100 for getting it done from Jayanagar General hospital.

1. I had all the forms downloaded and filled before going to the RTO.
2. Took Rs. 17 stamps from Post Office and also purchased envelope (cloth ones) for Rs. 4. Affixed the stamps and wrote the 'To' address.
3. Went to the RTO at 9.30 AM, the guy took the medical form and asked me to come back at 10.30. In the meanwhile, I reached office, checked the emails and went back to him at 10.40 AM. He was ready with the signed form.
4. Went directly to the 2nd floor of the TTMC building where the RTO is located. The DL section is located at the far left once you enter the RTO.
5. Approached the Superintendent (counter 1), he verified and put his signature. Asked me the pay the Rs. 201 fees at the cash counter.
6. Paid the cash, enclosed the receipts along with the forms and got the signature from the ARTO.
7. Post the ARTO signature, went to the smart card section, paid Rs. 50 for the hologram, got the biometrics and photographs done.
8. Submitted the forms at the Inward counter (counter 3), got the acknowledgement and came out of the RTO office at 11 AM.

Overall, 15 mins inside the RTO office. This was smooth.

Rgds
Suhas
Blr_RK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 14:23   #25
BHPian

Hi

Can someone please list the process and the documents required to get a LL for a 2 wheeler directly from the RTO? I stay near Indiranagar RTO, in a rented premises (have aadhar card for the present address in Bangalore and have Passport/PAN card etc for the permanent address proof in Calcutta)

If a medical certificate is needed, is there a doctor's chamber available at Indiranagar RTO?

thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 22:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

I got my new DL today through smart post. I had expected to receive little earlier but it was ok as I didnt have to run to RTO multiple times or to bribe anyone! RTO process has changed and simplified than earlier times.
Old 9th March 2015, 19:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
Such a breeze. J Ravi Sir post on the process of renewing the DL really helped. Thanks Sir.

The only difference here in Jayanagar RTO was that the Medical Officer is not present anywhere near the RTO. The guy near the old RTO building took Rs. 100 for getting it done from Jayanagar General hospital.

1. I had all the forms downloaded and filled before going to the RTO.
2. Took Rs. 17 stamps from Post Office and also purchased envelope (cloth ones) for Rs. 4. Affixed the stamps and wrote the 'To' address.
3. Went to the RTO at 9.30 AM, the guy took the medical form and asked me to come back at 10.30. In the meanwhile, I reached office, checked the emails and went back to him at 10.40 AM. He was ready with the signed form.
4. Went directly to the 2nd floor of the TTMC building where the RTO is located. The DL section is located at the far left once you enter the RTO.
5. Approached the Superintendent (counter 1), he verified and put his signature. Asked me the pay the Rs. 201 fees at the cash counter.
6. Paid the cash, enclosed the receipts along with the forms and got the signature from the ARTO.
7. Post the ARTO signature, went to the smart card section, paid Rs. 50 for the hologram, got the biometrics and photographs done.
8. Submitted the forms at the Inward counter (counter 3), got the acknowledgement and came out of the RTO office at 11 AM.

Overall, 15 mins inside the RTO office. This was smooth.

Rgds
Suhas

Great! Just two things from my recent experience:
1. Did you get a receipt for the full amount that you had paid?
2. What date did you go there and what's the date that's stamped on the ACK slip?
Old 20th July 2015, 20:00   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Hi

Can someone please list the process and the documents required to get a LL for a 2 wheeler directly from the RTO? I stay near Indiranagar RTO, in a rented premises (have aadhar card for the present address in Bangalore and have Passport/PAN card etc for the permanent address proof in Calcutta)

If a medical certificate is needed, is there a doctor's chamber available at Indiranagar RTO?

thanks
I am looking at getting a LL for my wife from the same RTO. If you already went through the process, please let me know the process. TIA
Old 14th September 2015, 17:24   #29
BHPian

DL renewal @ Indiranagar RTO.
I had to get my DL renewed and address changed from Mangalore to Bangalore.

10:01..Parked the car (Ample parking being opening hours)
10:02-10..Got a set of forms(application, change of addr, medical, smart card), did the medical check. (50+100)
10:12..Confusion on which queue to stand, finally guided to the right one.
10:20..Documents verified and fees to be paid written on the file.
10:25..Paid and obtained the receipt.
10:35..Got the biometric and finger print done.
10:40..In the queue to submit the docs.
10:48..Acknowledgement received.

Was really surprised as to how tension free the whole process was.
Total cost- 270/-
Satisfaction of doing it ourselves- Priceless/-

Just 2 days back, due to work pressure i had checked with an agent who demanded 3000/- (DL renewal+address change).

Last edited by xotiq : 14th September 2015 at 17:52.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 17:28   #30
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
RTOs are cash cows for touts and middle men. It's most corrupted.

When my wife went for driving license, after her biometrics was taken, 100rs was asked.
And she said, everyone in the queue paid.
The money is asked for and paid to the guys, sitting behind the counter and capturing the bio-metrics. I had to pay as well. Everyone in the queue paid.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks