Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2015, 14:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving Licence to go online in Bangalore. Launch on Oct 7th '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
The money is asked for and paid to the guys, sitting behind the counter and capturing the bio-metrics. I had to pay as well. Everyone in the queue paid.
Was a receipt generated for this payment ? It might be official charges for agency handling it on behalf of RTO.
Old 13th January 2016, 21:31   #32
BHPian

Let me enumerate the entire process of getting a driver's licence (LL+DL) This is at the Indiranagar RTO with one having ventured on one's own, bypassing the murky driving school nexus

LL

Apply online at http://rto.kar.nic.in/ click on online applications for instructions on browser settings and the form itself (try it on IE, you may get an error message on the site being unsafe, continue onto the website)

Follow the instructions at the bottom of the form to fill it out, you will need to submit local address proof (Aadhar or rent agreement+electricity bil/affidavit should work for folks whose permanent address is elsewhere) and board exam marksheet as age proof

Print out the Form 2 and take it to the RTO along with originals of address and age proof. Insert the form along with copies of the documents and 3 passport sized photos tucked in a small plastic pouch in a brown paper file available at stationery shops in the BDA compound and staple the bunch. Also carry a gluestick, a stapler, a pen, some paper clips and your sense of humor.

Reach by 10 AM should you want to be an early bird at the queue outside room number 1 and once the RTO rouses itself into motion around 1015-1030 buy yourself a challan of Rs 30 attaching it in duplicate on your application

Proceed to Room number 13 where you have the originals verified and application signed. You then go to Room no 11 where details are entered in a register and then an oral test happens of sundry road signs, documents to be carried in the vehicle etc. I prepared more than it was necessary and assuming that you read this forum avidly, you shouldnt have problems in acing the exam, at which point your file is retained for the LL to be processed. Should the unthinkable happen (failing the test), you get to reappear the next day and get to repeat the procedure with the same challan.

Come back to room number 6 after 5 working days to collect your LL

You may appear for your Drivers licence test after 30 days have elapsed from the date of issue of your LL presumably for you to hone your driving skills

Visit the same site and fill out the same form, only this time, select the DL option instead of LL to generate form 4 (instructions for filling out the form remains almost identical)

Create a similar application set in a brown paper file along with the LL, copies of the papers (RC, tax token and insurance) of the vehicle you will be taking the test on and local address proof. Also include 3 passport sized photos and a self addressed stamped envelop, preferably the tough pistachio green ones.

Same ritual of visiting the RTO at 10am to queue up outside Room number 1 to buy challans worth Rs 250 (Rs 200 for the smart card + Rs 50 for the driving test per category i.e. if you are applying for both motorcycle and car you pay Rs 100 and also have to ensure you have both classes of vehicles at your disposal for the test)

Proceed to Room number 7 to the ARTO's chamber for your documents to be verified and application signed.

Go next to Room no 6 for your biometrics to be collected

Your completed application is thus collected at Room number 11 and you are asked to wait downstairs to be summoned for the test to commence at 1230 PM

Hang around in the compound and crack lame jokes with fellow driving aspirants at the compound for the appointed hour to arrive

You are asked to follow the examiner to the RTO's 'testing track' which is a road around a nearby park for the test.

Ensure that you use hand signals in addition to indicators during the test.

If you have passed, the examiner will sign your file and retain it with the promise of the DL smartcard reaching you in the self addressed envelop within 30 days.

If you are unlucky enough to have failed, you can reappear after 7 days, if not, heave a sigh of relief and pat yourself on the back for having navigated this on your own and saving yourself more than a grand!
hothatchaway is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 22:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

My wife already has a DL for the car, but not for the scooter. We plan to get it done now, however the question is does she still have to go through the LL and DL process or will she get a DL directly since she has one for the car for about 6-7 years now.
Old 13th January 2016, 22:10   #34
BHPian

She will of course need to get a fresh LL for a different vehicle class, but would perhaps be exempt from the test. Essentially the same DL will be endorsed with the new vehicle class.
Old 18th March 2016, 09:50   #35
BHPian

Online LL, DL services
BENGALURU, March 18, 2016
The Regional Transport Office, Yelahanka, as part of the Saarathi-4, a web application (relating to driving licence services), introduced the service of Learners Licence from Thursday on pilot basis. According to a release, the new software will help citizens to apply online, upload documents / photo and signature, pay learning licence, driving licence fees, book slot for Learning Licence and Driving Licence tests, download LL. This system will be extended to RTO offices across the State by 2016-end, the release added. For details, visithttp://rto.kar.nic.inand select the option ‘Apply for LL at RTO Yelahanka’, the release added.
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle8368223.ece
Old 8th July 2018, 19:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

While navigating through the Karnataka Mobile One app, I landed on the Transport Department page. In addition to the RTO and Parivahan sites, one can apply for a driving licence through this app too.

Driving Licence to go online in Bangalore. Launch on Oct 7th '13-img_20180708_192058.jpg

But my attention was caught by a different icon.

Driving Licence to go online in Bangalore. Launch on Oct 7th '13-img_20180708_192115.jpg

I went in and tried answering the questions. It came as no surprise that in spite of over a decade and half of riding-driving experience, I couldn't get all of them correct. There are a number of rules that I, like many, didn't know about.

I have downloaded the sample questions and attached them here. Hope they would be of use not just to those trying to get their driving licenses but could also be a source of knowledge for everyone.

PS: One of the files is in Kannada, the other two are in English. Please use them as per your requirement/convenience.

LL QuestionBank Kannada.PDF

DL MOCK TEST.pdf

ENGLISH QUESTIONS_12022015.pdf

Source
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 09:04   #37
BHPian

Folks who purchased a car recently and got it registered at the Bangalore RTO
(in my case Electronic City RTO)

How long did it take for you to get the physical RC card in the mail ?
Mine was registered on 04-Jun-2022.

I am not able to query the status of the Application anywhere.
So far I am unable to track any status.

Please do post here if you have any updates on your experience recently.

Thanks
Fillmore

Edit : I was able to track the status. However the Dispatch Status is not available.

Last edited by Fillmore : 13th July 2022 at 09:31. Reason: added content
Old 13th July 2022, 10:00   #38
BHPian

It appears that RTOs in Bangalore have stopped issuing Physical Cards. You can download the RC using mParivahan App if you are mobile number is correctly linked.
vivekshukla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 13:42   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
It appears that RTOs in Bangalore have stopped issuing Physical Cards. You can download the RC using mParivahan App if you are mobile number is correctly linked.
Thanks for the update.
I was able to generate the Virtual RC via the the mParivahan app, however it does not let you download or share the Virtual RC.

The reason I am looking for this is because my FastTag is with Kotak, and I got a notification that if I dont upload the soft copy of the RC the Fast tag will get locked.
Old 14th July 2022, 08:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Thanks for the update.
I was able to generate the Virtual RC via the the mParivahan app, however it does not let you download or share the Virtual RC.
The earlier version allowed both downloading and sharing but the recent update has disabled both options. You can only share to a mobile number and then I shows up in their mParivahan app.
vivekshukla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 08:48   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
The earlier version allowed both downloading and sharing but the recent update has disabled both options. You can only share to a mobile number and then I shows up in their mParivahan app.
Thanks for responding.
For now I am good, I was able to download the soft RC via DigiLocker.
Used that copy for the FastTag update as well.

Yes I saw that share to a mobile number option, but even that is crappy because the other mobile can view it only from within the mParivahan app and they too cannot download it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks