Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2014, 10:49   #211
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh

Posting this on behalf of a friend.

He has decided to buy the Xcent.
Now he wants to know whether it is worthwhile to pay 95K more for the S variant over the base variant, or should be keep a budget of 60K for the accessories.
HyperRetard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 11:30   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRetard View Post
Posting this on behalf of a friend.

He has decided to buy the Xcent.
Now he wants to know whether it is worthwhile to pay 95K more for the S variant over the base variant, or should be keep a budget of 60K for the accessories.
I see there are certain features in S that can NOT be retrofited. Please ask your friend what's his priority with respect to those. If he does NOT need it, he can probably use the extra cash for accessories.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 00:42   #213
Team-BHP Support

Is it just my system thats acting weird, or has the website been taken down?

Totally weird from Hyundai - launching the car without dispatching even the display cars, and even the media vehicles do not seem ready- No reviews have been published online yet!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 06:24   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
No cars in Bangalore. Expected only by Wednesday. Quite strange to see a car launched but not available for display in Bangalore. Both advaith and trident did not have deisplay vehicles also. Usually the day of launch means they are available for display pan india.
The situation continues to be the same. I had a chance of visiting M/s. Hyundai Motor Plaza in New Delhi yesterday and still they do not have a car for display.

Although the branch head could see allocation of four red cars for them, out of which three will be for media and one for display.

He was hoping that the cars will reach them in next ten days or so.

I wonder what prompted them to launch a car in this very manner. They could have announced the prices in February itself.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 08:31   #215
BHPian

Not sure what is wrong with Hyundai, I called up my dealer yesterday, he said it will still take couple of days for display car to come. He is not sure about the test drive vehicle and on top of that he is saying "sir drive grand it's same as xcent".
Old 19th March 2014, 15:37   #216

Hi,

My parents have been waiting for new i20 launch and looks like there is nothing happening for next 6 months.
I recommending them to but Automatic and current i20 only has that in Sportz trim meaning compromising Asta/ Asta (O) features which I am not ready for (mainly safety feature)

Now we all found this Xcent quite interesting as it picks up some i20 features which were missing on Grand i10.
Also we can get Auto with highest trim level SX(O)

Following are the features which might be missing on Xcent/ SX(O)
i have collected this data using diff sources - Please help me to confirm this.

1. Front headrest non-adjustable
2. Multimedia system not having all the features
3. No Outside temperature display
4. Rear seats non-folding
5. No rear wiper/ washer
6. No dead pedal

Also please let me know if there is anything significant I am missing out above.
Really appreciate your help guys!

Thanks

Chinmay
chinmay22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 17:29   #217
Senior - BHPian

My colleague who had almost finalized Duster as his new car is now double-minded with the Xcent launch, especially a Hyundai at this price.

I'm not sure what's so special about this car so I asked him to come over last weekend but when I called up the Lajpat Nagar dealer the car hadn't reached him until then. At first he asked us to come over stating he had the car and then called back after half an hour saying that we could test drive other cars as Xcent might not be available.

Is there a set date by which this car would be available at Hyundai dealerships?
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 18:05   #218
BHPian

As per the latest communication I had with my dealer in patparganj, cars will not be available before next 7-8 days.
raviacc2825 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 18:27   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmay22 View Post
Hi,

My parents have been waiting for new i20 launch and looks like there is nothing happening for next 6 months.
I recommending them to but Automatic and current i20 only has that in Sportz trim meaning compromising Asta/ Asta (O) features which I am not ready for (mainly safety feature)

Now we all found this Xcent quite interesting as it picks up some i20 features which were missing on Grand i10.
Also we can get Auto with highest trim level SX(O)

Following are the features which might be missing on Xcent/ SX(O)
i have collected this data using diff sources - Please help me to confirm this.

1. Front headrest non-adjustable
2. Multimedia system not having all the features
3. No Outside temperature display
4. Rear seats non-folding
5. No rear wiper/ washer
6. No dead pedal

Also please let me know if there is anything significant I am missing out above.
Really appreciate your help guys!

Thanks

Chinmay
Hi Chinmay, it is believed that the new i20 will be launched sometime in October 2014.

The new Xcent is a nice decent car. If safety is your concern you may buy this car. The missing points that you have highlighted have nothing to do with the safety.

Moreover, The rear wash/ wiper is not available in any sub 4 meter sedan across all manufacturers in India. Even Dzire, Amaze, indigo CS doesn't have this feature.
Old 19th March 2014, 19:22   #220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Moreover, The rear wash/ wiper is not available in any sub 4 meter sedan across all manufacturers in India. Even Dzire, Amaze, indigo CS doesn't have this feature.
Rear wash wipe is not present/ needed for sedans. Turbulence created at the rear is a drawback of hatchback aerodynamics and hence a rear wash wipe is provided to compensate.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 19:22   #221
Senior - BHPian

Took a test drive of the gasoline model. Initial views (personal)as under:

Good:
- Fit and finish & perceived quality levels (specially in cabin)
- Door shut (very impressive)
- Features (at least the top model was loaded to the gills)
- Boot integration with body - neat
- Idling smoothness
- bottom end performance
- slick gearshift (a "well-oiled" feel) & overall controls
- light clutch

Not So Good: (but not terrible either)
- steering feel (numb. feels like a stick attached to a rubber bung. self centering very strong!)
- rear suspension (felt squishy and "pogo"-ish at 40-50 kph with 1 person at the back and 2 in front. suspect it may bottom out if fully loaded including boot)
- 1.2 gasoline sounds a bit strained when coaxed into the top half of the power band (not as smooth as the Suzuki K12's)
- grabby brakes (can be TD car specific, was difficult to modulate, pedal weighting could've been better)
- AC was ok, not bone chilling.
- all active safety features are optional extras.

Overall a nice car. Wont offend anyone. Lot of folks will love its easy going attitude. For enthusiast's & gearheads: the Dzire / Amaze gasoline's are a better choice.

Last edited by arjab : 19th March 2014 at 19:24. Reason: added a line
Old 19th March 2014, 19:22   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post

Not just the under 4m sedans. I dont think any sedan in the market has a rear wiper. The last sedan I remember was the accent viva (its a notchback though).
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 19:29   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Took a test drive of the gasoline model. Initial views (personal)as under:

Good:
- Fit and finish & perceived quality levels (specially in cabin)
- Door shut (very impressive)
- Features (at least the top model was loaded to the gills)
- Boot integration with body - neat
- Idling smoothness
- bottom end performance
- slick gearshift (a "well-oiled" feel) & overall controls
- light clutch

Not So Good: (but not terrible either)
- steering feel (numb. feels like a stick attached to a rubber bung. self centering very strong!)
- rear suspension (felt squishy and "pogo"-ish at 40-50 kph with 1 person at the back and 2 in front. suspect it may bottom out if fully loaded including boot)
- 1.2 gasoline sounds a bit strained when coaxed into the top half of the power band (not as smooth as the Suzuki K12's)
- grabby brakes (can be TD car specific, was difficult to modulate, pedal weighting could've been better)
- AC was ok, not bone chilling.
- all active safety features are optional extras.

Overall a nice car. Wont offend anyone. Lot of folks will love its easy going attitude. For enthusiast's & gearheads: the Dzire / Amaze gasoline's are a better choice.

Thanks for the review buddy. We don't have any car for display or test drive in Delhi NCR yet, in which City and dealer did you took a test drive?
Old 19th March 2014, 19:36   #224

Visited DSC Hyundai dealer in Chennai and even they did not have the test vehicle. Ironically, Hyundai's factory at Sriperumbudur is just an hours drive from Chennai !
Old 19th March 2014, 20:12   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Not just the under 4m sedans. I dont think any sedan in the market has a rear wiper. The last sedan I remember was the accent viva (its a notchback though).
You are right, apart from Accent Viva, I do recall seeing some variant of Skoda Octavia with a rear wiper.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks