Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2014, 13:43   #1
ved

Re-registering a Car?

I have a slightly strange case. I moved from Hyderabad to Bangalore in 2010. While moving I acquired NOC for my AP registered vehicle to get it registered in Bangalore. Due to circulstances I could not take the car to Bangalore and never got it registered in Bangalore.

In 2012, I returned back to Hyderabad from Bangalore. While coming back I got in writing from Bangalore RTO that the car was never driven in Bangalore.

Now the question is that do I need to re-register the car in Hyderabad ? What is the correct procedure for this kind of situation ?

Also, please share a reliable RTO agent for this procedure in Hyderabad.
ved is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 00:01   #2
BHPian

re: Re-registering a Car?

Quote:
please share a reliable RTO agent for this procedure in Hyderabad.
Seeing this kind of a complex situation the agents will take you for a ride. Best is go and meet the officials of RTO office directly and they would guide you. Based on their feedback you will have a fair idea of doing it yourself or by hiring an agent.

Though, I am not very sure but logically they should cancel the existing NOC they had issued and let things continue as it is, I presume you must have paid life time taxes.

In case, they had allotted that existing registration number to any other person then they may ask you to pay some kind of a fine, track your file put a note and issue you a fresh number. Please remember this is how I feel it should be and I am not sure of the exact procedure.
Old 26th January 2014, 01:08   #3
BHPian

Just get the NOC cancelled. It is a straightforward scenario.

Quote:
In case, they had allotted that existing registration number to any other person then they may ask you to pay some kind of a fine, track your file put a note and
NOC issue doesnt mean your registration needs to change. It just means you are free to pay tax in another state. You may very well decide to pay the tax but keep the number forever. So no chance of your number being allotted to anyone else.
milestogo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 09:18   #4
BHPian

Your NOC in itself carries only 90 days validity. If you haven't transferred the vehicle within that time, effectively your NOC stands cancelled and your vehicle remains registered with the RTO it was registered with. NOC is not a cancellation of registartion. It is only when you put the NOC to use and the vehicle registration changes is when the issue of re-registration arises.

Having said the above, I could be completely wrong with the actual babu version of the folks sitting in the RTO. Visit your RTO and explain the situation to them. Follow their instrtuctions.
Cyrus_the_virus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 16:22   #5
BHPian

Quote:
NOC issue doesnt mean your registration needs to change. It just means you are free to pay tax in another state. You may very well decide to pay the tax but keep the number forever. So no chance of your number being allotted to anyone else.
Are you sure about this? To the best of my knowledge the car that gets transferred from one state to another does get a new number after paying the respective states. I had sold a car in UP to a person in Haryana. After obtaining the NOC from UP (Uttar Pradesh) the person got the new number from the Haryana RTO authority.

The old number is then cancelled. However, if the number is a fancy number then it is normally auctioned again and finds a new buyer.

Last edited by mints21 : 26th January 2014 at 16:23.
mints21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 18:37   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved View Post
I have a slightly strange case. I moved from Hyderabad to Bangalore in 2010. While moving I acquired NOC for my AP registered vehicle to get it registered in Bangalore. Due to circulstances I could not take the car to Bangalore and never got it registered in Bangalore.
Was the NOC( form 28) surrendered in B'lore RTO? This document is issued in triplicate. Even you didn't change the Regn No, was the residential address changed?

Quote:
In 2012, I returned back to Hyderabad from Bangalore. While coming back I got in writing from Bangalore RTO that the car was never driven in Bangalore.
What is the written document issued by B'lore RTO confirming the above ? It's been 2 years since a confirmation was issued by B'lore RTO to this effect

Quote:
Now the question is that do I need to re-register the car in Hyderabad ? What is the correct procedure for this kind of situation ?
Check your registration status online & see what info is being provided. https://aptransport.in/CFSTONLINE/Re...ionSearch.aspx

The delay in approaching the Hyderabad RTO to resolve the matter is not very clear from your statement to comment further.
Redeemer8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 19:46   #7
ved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer8 View Post
Was the NOC( form 28) surrendered in B'lore RTO? This document is issued in triplicate. Even you didn't change the Regn No, was the residential address changed?
What is the written document issued by B'lore RTO confirming the above ? It's been 2 years since a confirmation was issued by B'lore RTO to this effect
-- I have never taken the car to bangalore and never submitted the Form 28 to Bangalore RTO. I got the RTO officer in Indiranagar Bangalore RTO to give in writing that the vehicle was never driven in Bangalore and the Road tax is not paid and the vehicle is not transfered.

Quote:
Check your registration status online & see what info is being provided. https://aptransport.in/CFSTONLINE/Re...ionSearch.aspx
--Online registration still shows the registration on my name (a relief)

Quote:
The delay in approaching the Hyderabad RTO to resolve the matter is not very clear from your statement to comment further.
--During the last two years I was mostly out of India and never settled in Bangalore.

Also the online registration shows "Status:INACTIVE" - not really sure what that means.
Old 27th January 2014, 11:43   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
Just get the NOC cancelled. It is a straightforward scenario.

I found the process of RTO in Hyderabad is pretty good. Just meet them and get the NOC Cancelled. I have done that earlier for my Bike.
Old 27th January 2014, 12:24   #9
BHPian

Your Hyd registration is still valid.

Registration is cancelled only when you execute the NOC, i.e. you take the NOC & vehicle to new RTO who inturn reconfirms with issuing RTO before executing the NOC.

In this case since the NOC & vehicle was never taken to Bangalore RTO, original registration stands valid.
Old 28th January 2014, 19:54   #10
BHPian

Re: Re-registering a Car?

Quote:
-- I have never taken the car to bangalore and never submitted the Form 28 to Bangalore RTO. I got the RTO officer in Indiranagar Bangalore RTO to give in writing that the vehicle was never driven in Bangalore and the Road tax is not paid and the vehicle is not transfered.
Carry the document issued by B'lore RTO for surrendering the the NOC at Hyderabad, while stating that you were out of country & didn't relocate to B'lore as planned.

Quote:
Also the online registration shows "Status:INACTIVE" - not really sure what that means.
I guess this is because the NOC has been issued against your vehicle for transfer to B'lore RTO. This process also is now done online, check this link if your details have been updated :- https://aptransport.in/CFSTONLINE/Reports/NOCDtls.aspx
Old 24th June 2014, 12:00   #11
ved

Re: Re-registering a Car?

So finally this is what I did :
1. Went to RTA and explained the case to them - only thing required was now to remove the NOC on the RC book
2. There was a delay and repeated trips to RTA because they wanted to check if I had taken a road-tax refund. They made me come to RTA twice but they were generally helpful
3. Once they confirmed that I had not taken a road-tax return, they removed the NOC on the RC book
Old 28th August 2014, 07:53   #12

How to cancel NOC given to another state and re-register in old state

Hi Friends
I am in a tricky situation. I had a car originally registered in Hyderabad in 2006. When i moved to Pune, i got a NOC to Pune RTO. But my job changed from Pune to Delhi. So I couldn't registered my car in Pune. Then i moved couple of places due to my job nature and finally today I am in Bangalore. I want to sell my car and i see a status on Andraphradesh RTO website that car transferred to Pune. I hope the Talangana issue has not split the Hyderabad RTO.
Now how do i cancel my 8yr old NOC issued to Pune RTO and re-register my car back in Hyderabad. I heard that i have to get a "Non Utilization Certificate" for my old NOC from Pune RTO. Then go back to Hyderabad and make an affidavit and register the vehicle with possible fine. Is this correct procedure.
Any help or advice or Agent names in Hyderabad would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sameer
sameerchavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 11:33   #13
Team-BHP Support

Re: How to cancel NOC given to another state and re-register in old state

I have cancelled an NOC issued by RTO Trivandrum towards RTO Chennai for my bike. The procedure -

1. RTO Chennai requested for Police NOC.

2. Since the car was never registered in Chennai, the local police station refused to provide the NOC and redirected me to the Crime Records Bureau. They checked the records for the TN state and issued the NOC.

3. Produced this NOC at RTO Chennai and paid the road tax calculated from the time of issue of NOC by Trivandrum RTO to the time of cancellation at Chennai RTO.

4. Produced the NOC cancellation letter issued by Chennai RTO back in Trivandrum and had the vehicle entered back into their records.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerchavan View Post
Hi Friends
I am in a tricky situation. I had a car originally registered in Hyderabad in 2006. When i moved to Pune, i got a NOC to Pune RTO. But my job changed from Pune to Delhi. So I couldn't registered my car in Pune. Then i moved couple of places due to my job nature and finally today I am in Bangalore. I want to sell my car and i see a status on Andraphradesh RTO website that car transferred to Pune. I hope the Talangana issue has not split the Hyderabad RTO.
Now how do i cancel my 8yr old NOC issued to Pune RTO and re-register my car back in Hyderabad. I heard that i have to get a "Non Utilization Certificate" for my old NOC from Pune RTO. Then go back to Hyderabad and make an affidavit and register the vehicle with possible fine. Is this correct procedure.
Any help or advice or Agent names in Hyderabad would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sameer
That said - your issue is complicated.

1. There is nothing called an 8-year old NOC. It was valid for 6 months, and you have been running your vehicle without a valid registration for the past 7 1/2 years.

2. For Pune RTO to issue the NOC (Assuming they do, since you dont have a valid NOC anymore, and never got your car registered there!) you need to pay the road tax for 8 years along with the penalty if any! You are looking at a good sum here.

3. I was fortunate with Chennai CRB and RTO. The people who dealt with me in these offices were very understanding and did their work perfectly without asking for any bribes. At Trivandrum RTO - they made me run around in circles, although even they did not request any bribes to get the work done. But still, all these procedures were tiring!

4. Not to mention - vehicle needs to be present at the RTO for checking. So you are looking at commuting between Pune and Hyderabad. A pain considering your current location is bangalore.

5. From my knowledge, Hyderabad RTO now should be under TS rather than AP. Someone there can confirm if the transfer is done.

India, being India - workaround might be possible over these challenges, but is the car worth the same value in resale when you finally sell it?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th August 2014 at 11:35.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 16:57   #14
BHPian

Telangana or Hyderbad RTO's are all money hungry ditto for a lot of bangalore RTO's.

Recently this article has come out.I don't think you can wait if you want to use the vehicle asap.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/rtos-...i-1672295.html

Boy ! you have been one lucky guy to not have any issues with the vehicle....

There is a system of compounding fine by RTO's that may be adjudged to you for this mistake of yours.
Old 28th August 2014, 17:50   #15

Thanks you guys for the information. It was my mistake that I thought that this car will not lose registration as I had not registered in Pune. I was in the assumption that my vehicle is still with Hyderabad as the number is not changed. Believe me, I had no clue of this inactive registration or vehicle unregistered in any state.
I will first try my luck at the Pune RTO to find if they can even assist me and the cost of this exercise. The vehicle price is now just 2 lakhs and I don't know how much pain I have to go to get this corrected. Or finally I have to give this vehicle to a dump yard and destroy it. But this is a very good condition Ford Fiesta petrol with just 40K running.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks