Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2014, 22:54   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra Scorpio: Segment leader in FY 2013-14

Another link here illustrating the fact:

http://www.rediff.com/business/slide...t/20140407.htm

TOP SELLING SUV for the 2013-14 fiscal, which is no mean achievement seeing the competition and the northward moving diesel prices.
Old 8th April 2014, 20:55   #17
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio: Segment leader in FY 2013-14

I am just wondering how could people on a forum like this miss out basic fact or did I miss any thread in between. I know there is no comparison between the vehicles but when we are talking about numbers lets normalise them.

The deliveries of Ecosport started from July 2013 so basically it had a quarter less, so 45k in 3 quarters(Ecosport) and 50k in 4 quarters(Scorpio), I am sure people are good with numbers and moreover Ecosport is constrained in production n deliveries in domestic market.

@Moderators: why is the Sales thread still not out at teambhp this time? it's the 8th of month already :(

OT: When can we expect official reviews of X-cent? My friends have been pestering me to get updates
Safari_Sid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 21:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Sid View Post
I am just wondering how could people on a forum like this miss out basic fact or did I miss any thread in between.

@Moderators: why is the Sales thread still not out at teambhp this time? it's the 8th of month already :(

OT: When can we expect official reviews of X-cent? My friends have been pestering me to get updates
Hi,

You probably did not visit this thread link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html

For your 2nd question; the details as of now are given on this thread link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...4-66-lakh.html

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 8th April 2014 at 21:15.
Old 8th April 2014, 21:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Hi,

You probably did not visit this thread link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html
Thanks
AD
Thanks AD for the quick quote.
But I was talking about March 2014 numbers which comes up as summary for entire financial year Apr-13 to Mar-14.

For the second query can you quote the exact post in thread which talks about the tentative timing of the review since I couldn't find it as it runs into several pages.

Last edited by Safari_Sid : 8th April 2014 at 21:33. Reason: Quoting the response
Old 8th April 2014, 21:26   #20
BHPian

Another thing to note is being election year a lot of scorpios have been brought by the politicos over the last few months as they would definitely prefer the rugged reliable Scorpio over the other soft roaders.
Old 8th April 2014, 21:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I was talking about March 2014 numbers which comes up as summary for entire financial year Apr-13 to Mar-14.

For the second query can you quote the exact post in thread which talks about the tentative timing of the review since I couldn't find it as it runs into several pages.
The link provided for the sales figures pretty much stands as a testament to the question raised in my opinion. I am sure the March'14 sales figures (to be specific) are being analyzed.

Regarding the Xcent, Firstly; this is not the right thread to discuss it any further. It is officially expected by April 10th 2014.

Thanks

AD
Old 8th April 2014, 22:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
The deliveries of Ecosport started from July 2013 so basically it had a quarter less, so 45k in 3 quarters(Ecosport) and 50k in 4 quarters(Scorpio), I am sure people are good with numbers and moreover Ecosport is constrained in production n deliveries in domestic market.
Nice catch.

I just checked the Sep '13 report and it confirms that the dispatch from factory started in June 2013 thus, Ecosport had 2 less months compared to Scorpio. If we take Scorpio's sales in Apr '13 and May '13 out, then it will be at ~41,300.

Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html

Last edited by Biraj : 8th April 2014 at 22:36. Reason: Removed the pic
Old 9th April 2014, 09:27   #23
BHPian

Mahindra shouldn't be complacent, it is just a matter of time before more "polished" vehicles start gaining confidence of the people. If Mahindra can improve the Scorpio's NVH levels, provide a good top variant with decent equipment, and improve the general feel of the plastics, I think they will have a killer product even for 2014-15. A Scorpio sounds louder than a truck today (ok, that may be an exaggeration), but people going forward will be looking towards more refinement too, in addition to reliability.
Old 9th April 2014, 09:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Mahindra shouldn't be complacent, it is just a matter of time before more "polished" vehicles start gaining confidence of the people. If Mahindra can improve the Scorpio's NVH levels, provide a good top variant with decent equipment, and improve the general feel of the plastics, I think they will have a killer product even for 2014-15. A Scorpio sounds louder than a truck today (ok, that may be an exaggeration), but people going forward will be looking towards more refinement too, in addition to reliability.
What version are you talking of here?
Ever driven the Mhawk?
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 10:09   #25
BHPian

Even the Mhawk shudders when turning on and off. NVH levels are on the higher side due to absence of padding. It is not as high as it used to be pre-mhawk but it still is high and would need to be addressed. But more than the sound, the shudders should be addressed for sales after the year 2015.

As of now that issue isn't a showstopper. The car has turned out to be extremely reliable over the last 60k kms for us. There has been one major issue which can be attributed directly to the idiotic people at the service centers that couldn't diagnose a broken fuse in 4-5 visits.

And hope the bouncy nature of the back seats are addressed too. Safari does a great job at keeping the food inside, for back benchers, after a long drive.
Old 9th April 2014, 15:10   #26
BHPian

The Scorpio is the undisputed leader, no doubt. A 10 year old model which still has its DNA firmly in place and reigns supreme.

But that said, I don't agree with the comparison with Duster and Ecosport. Scorpio is a proper body-on-frame SUV while the duster/ecosport is more of a car-made-in-to-an-SUV. If it is only about the price point then we should compare scorpio with every C segment sedan.
Old 9th April 2014, 17:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Scorpio is a proper body-on-frame SUV while the duster/ecosport is more of a car-made-in-to-an-SUV.
Thought that the duster is a also on a ladder chassis, Am i wrong?
Old 9th April 2014, 19:57   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Duster is a Monocoque. True blue SUVs (more often than not) have ladder chasis (aka Body on Frame) eg Safari, Scorpio, Bolero, MM540, CJ3B, Fortuner, Landcruiser etc. Makes them heavy, but tough as tacks.
Old 10th April 2014, 11:16   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Duster is a monocoque so is Ecosport and even the XUV. You can read more here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dvantages.html
Old 10th April 2014, 11:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Even the Mhawk shudders when turning on and off. NVH levels are on the higher side due to absence of padding. It is not as high as it used to be pre-mhawk but it still is high and would need to be addressed. But more than the sound, the shudders should be addressed for sales after the year 2015.

As of now that issue isn't a showstopper. The car has turned out to be extremely reliable over the last 60k kms for us. There has been one major issue which can be attributed directly to the idiotic people at the service centers that couldn't diagnose a broken fuse in 4-5 visits.

And hope the bouncy nature of the back seats are addressed too. Safari does a great job at keeping the food inside, for back benchers, after a long drive.
Even the so called refined and more expensive toyota's
Innova's and Fortuners shudder as well.
That said done 56K in mine,and she has provided the most peaceful ownership experience of all the vehicles.
akshay4587 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks