Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2014, 02:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jaguar launches locally manufactured XJ @ 92.1 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
No matter how many horsepower they extract from that little engine, you are still driving top of the line Jaguar with a pathetic little 2L engine.

Just doesn't add up. You rock up to a party and you ll be type casted forever as the geezer who couldn't afford a car with a proper engine.

For the same money get a different car but one with at least 3L and 6 cyl
Spot on - I don't know who that car is meant for? If you can pony up 93 lakhs for a car, you obviously have money to afford fuel. What totally puzzles me is that the 3.0l is only like 2-3% more expensive. This should have been a 20% cheaper car, IMHO. Like 75 lakhs or so. Makes it a value prop for midsize 5 series and E class buyers.
Old 17th September 2014, 07:55   #32
BHPian

Re: Jaguar launches locally manufactured XJ @ 92.1 lakhs

92.1 lakhs for a base variant seems to be costly that too with 2.0L engine. In US the base with 3.0 L v6 cost $75K, so this car should be at least in 50 - 55 L considering it's manufactured locally. I am not sure how much localization is done but 92.1 lakhs for 2L engine is a serious joke.
Old 17th September 2014, 08:35   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Spot on - I don't know who that car is meant for? If you can pony up 93 lakhs for a car, you obviously have money to afford fuel. What totally puzzles me is that the 3.0l is only like 2-3% more expensive. This should have been a 20% cheaper car, IMHO. Like 75 lakhs or so. Makes it a value prop for midsize 5 series and E class buyers.

I like the XJ. Very nice car. Ive driven the 3.0L version for a couple of hours in the UK. I prefer the supercharged 4.0L V8 on my XJ, but this 3.0L is a very nice engine. I agree, i would hardly think that fuel efficiency on this segment is a big thing. Get a Prius otherwise.
Jeroen
Old 17th September 2014, 10:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: Locally manufactured petrol Jaguar XJ now at Rs.93.24 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
^^ What are the existing (except this one) engine line-ups (both petrol & diesel) available with this car in india? Is there any other petrol model aswell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Wasn't the XJ 3.0l launched at nearly the same price? Now you can buy a Jaguar with a 2.0 l engine for which you would pay well over a crore out of your pocket. Sounds unrealistic. Will this one have a market at all when only for a few bucks more you can get the 3.0l?
The pricing of the XJ 3.0L diesel LWB Portfolio trim is Rs.98.69 lakhs whereas the LWB Premium trim is priced at Rs.92.10 lakhs. The diesel variant is ~Rs.6.45 lakhs dearer than the petrol car with similar spec and these are ex-showroom Mumbai prices before octroi and other charges, hence the on road price difference will be much more.

As Sahil rightly mentioned, this car will make sense for corporates or users who are almost all the time chauffeured around in with back seat comfort being their priority.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks