Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2006, 15:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnaturallywired
Guys just apply your mind to the so called Hyundai infamous plagiarism attitude..

1. Came the Sonata which had its design almost lifted from Jaguar.

2. Sonata Embera - An absolute bootleg and very much in line to the new Honda accord

3. Tucson - Am sure many will agree that the rear of a Tucson is appealing, but the fact of the matter is that they Stole it again from Holden captiva.Though the latter scores in all front.

Is Hyundai deprived of design engineers? Or is does it just speak of its photocopying approach??

Correction , Now they are not and I can firmly say that , infact the trend is changing and the truth is a bit sad . I myself hate hyundai coz their tradition is really not into Automotive excellence its more over managerial brilliance to be successful inspite of all its inherent weakness . Do you think verna is another imitaion ? frankly I think verna is really original .Its an altogether different case with the first model of Sonata released in India which is nothing but a amalgamation of best lines and curves in automotive industry , that surely is a cheap form of Copy but right now I dont really think so , New embrera has design cues , but cannot be said outright copy .
So what do you have to say about this , if u are so against copy cats ?

Not to mention our own Tata - Palio green house case

Last edited by maxbhp : 10th September 2006 at 15:11.
Old 10th September 2006, 15:52   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp421b
Who ever said that. Hyundai is Toyotas biggest threat and worlds sixth largest manufacturer. Now can anyone tell me who are the rest in the top 10. 1. GM, 2. Toyota, 6. Hyundai, what about the rest?
Selling a lot of cars doesn't make it a premium brand.
To acheive that, one has to have some ethics in car making. And to start off with, Hyundai should stop copying atleast!!!
Old 10th September 2006, 16:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Selling a lot of cars doesn't make it a premium brand.
I dont think they've ever positioned themselves as a premium brand, Zachariah. And therein lies their biggest challenge - IMHO they will have to create a new premium brand, which is expected with their new V8 RWD Luxury car Equus (spy pics at http://www.thecarconnection.com/zoom...ginal/2364.jpg ).

I think Hyundai have pretty much reached saturation point as an economy carmaker - they will HAVE to undergo an image change to grow beyond where they are now.

Last edited by Steeroid : 10th September 2006 at 16:27.
Old 10th September 2006, 18:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I dont think they've ever positioned themselves as a premium brand, Zachariah. And therein lies their biggest challenge - IMHO they will have to create a new premium brand, which is expected with their new V8 RWD Luxury car Equus (spy pics at http://www.thecarconnection.com/zoom...ginal/2364.jpg ).

I think Hyundai have pretty much reached saturation point as an economy carmaker - they will HAVE to undergo an image change to grow beyond where they are now.
I agreee with you , I wish they had started the whole effort a bit earlier....like infiniti or Acura or Lexus .... Terracan really deserved a better image .
Old 10th September 2006, 19:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Is there any chance of Tuscon getting an engine upgrade to 2.5 ltr in the near future ?
Old 10th September 2006, 22:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Come on dude,dont care a sonata to a cls! Maybe it does look similar to you because of the headlamps swooping upwards,this is a mercedes trait that hyundai copied. The sonatas headlights are a cheap rip-off the c-class.
the cls doesnt resemble a sonata normally. but with this bodykit on i tihnk it kinda does. cos of the horizontal slits in the grille nd the new bumper.
Old 11th September 2006, 02:39   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I dont think they've ever positioned themselves as a premium brand, Zachariah.
I was just replying to him for saying Hyundai is a premium brand. And ofcourse, I agree they're economy car makers. Does any harm being known like that? Hyundai thinks so. And that's why we see once in a while in their ads, comparing a Merc\Bmw car with their own and claiming it to be an overall better car.
Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeez!! I'm better off with a Suzuki or a Subaru who dont have these type of attitude problems!
Old 11th September 2006, 15:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker
From interacting with a few Koreans, I got the sense that hyundai is rather an anglicised version of what goes something like this:

Hae Yoon Dae !

Doesn't that resemble a propah Korean name now ?
only a select few would know that, right ? good marketing strategy, that. their monogram too does not inspire ingenuity.
Old 11th September 2006, 17:37   #39
BHPian

The Japs are making more profit than the others. The only way Hyundai can make more profit is bringing in a premium line.

You guys may be interested in their global revenues. Here is a link to the Fortune site.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...s_Parts/1.html
Old 11th September 2006, 17:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover
The Japs are making more profit than the others. The only way Hyundai can make more profit is bringing in a premium line.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...s_Parts/1.html
That is also eggjactly the problem....Hyundai doesn't have the engine-vengines for a premium line !

Even their much-awaited, highly-speculated 2008 terracan upgrade has the same engine-vengine available now !!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks