Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2022, 21:23   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Behind the Scenes: How Press & Media Drives Work

Quoting from 2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Note from Support:

We understand there's demographic overlap between potential XL6 and Carens customers.

There's a comparison embargo until 02 May, so we'll only be able to answer questions along those lines at a later point in time.

As & when we can, rest assured we'll provide answers with the usual Team-BHP candor.
This is the first time I've heard about such an embargo. Or I may have been living in a cave. What exactly this thing achieves ? Limiting negative points being highlighted for a week ?

Seriously, Maruti came out with a decent facelift, yet afraid of the competition. On the other hand, I am happy that heat is being felt; then only it'll bring out better products. Win Win for customers.
AutoNoob is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 22:08   #422
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
...it'll bring out better products. Win Win for customers...
I'll refrain from speculating about the thought process behind the embargo, but you're absolutely right about the quoted bit.

Competition is great for consumers, and the 2022 XL6 is a serious update adding meaningful features to bring the car closer to customer expectations. Whatever brought it on, long may it continue.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 17:46   #423
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
This is the first time I've heard about such an embargo. Or I may have been living in a cave. What exactly this thing achieves ? Limiting negative points being highlighted for a week ?
the stupidest embargo I've ever seen in my life.

I've not attended the drive and hence, am not held by any embargo. Going by the excellent review of Chetan & Viddy, I have no doubts in saying this = the Kia Carens is the superior MPV.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 21:30   #424
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqr View Post
Conclusion : Autocar branded content is an apt barometer to understand how sceptic Automakers are about their own product's current and future expected performance.
New VW Taigun branded content on Autocar India YouTube channel, as usual - 'comments are turned off'. Next expected product is new (overpriced) Mercedes C-Class in 6 months.

Behind the Scenes: How Press & Media Drives Work-vw-branded-content.png
Image source: Autocar YouTube channel
pqr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 12:25   #425
BHPian

Slightly OT, but mods, when can we expect a Hilux review? Has Toyota scheduled any sort of media drive for it? Or will Team-BHP have to rely on getting a car from a BHPian/dealership?
Old 1st July 2022, 12:20   #426
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic View Post
Slightly OT, but mods, when can we expect a Hilux review?
We'll depend on BHPian posts for now.

Quote:
Has Toyota scheduled any sort of media drive for it?
No point for an OEM to spend multiple crores on a media event for such a niche vehicle. Toyota can probably send the car to Bombay for our review, but frankly, no bandwidth right now. Way more important cars need our focus (Scorpio-N longer TD, 2022 Brezza, Hyryder...).
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 13:23   #427
Team-BHP Support

Earlier, car companies used to collect small quotes from media outlets and use them for promotions on their page. Usually done in a question and answer format and the positive ones make it to the company media pages.

New trend: The entire review is hosted by the car company as well. Case in point -

Behind the Scenes: How Press & Media Drives Work-screenshot_20220904131354_youtube.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 19:36   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
New trend: The entire review is hosted by the car company as well. Case in point -
When most of the pre-bookings get canceled due to the pricing, Latin NCAP ratings go a step further to help the cancellations even if they don’t mean much for the car sold in India, Hyundai India has to resort to this to try justify the pricing

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 4th September 2022 at 19:37.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 14:32   #429
BHPian

Great way to put down your experience at a launch event Rush. Which was your first media drive event? When did you start receiving invites for launch events? I am sure many companies invite you to review solely based on your 530d F10 review. What a collection of maintenance pitstops and good quality pictures!

I have been thinking of opening a Tulu/Kannada car review channel/blog that focusses on the knitty-gritty as well. Searching for some good locations and saving up for some good recording equipment like a GoPro and mounts etc. Example : Autocar in no way is a detailed review channel, feels more like cut paste. It misses out in showing how does it feel to corner on a ADV, how hard is the clutch, is height a deterrent or is that a breaking point etc.
100Kmphormore is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks