Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2006, 00:33   #31
Team-BHP Support

ok now, have known this for a couple of weeks.

they are obviously going to launch with diesel and petrol engines, so whats the excitement??
i was told that a very possible option for the petrol version is going to be a 90 bhp petrol engine, while the diesel is going to be a . .. . hold your breath . . . a 110 bhp engine.

saw the car in person, with the covers on though. the few vehicles there were all RHD units. Apparently an early 2007 launch/

we were interrupted just when i was going to ask him about the other engine options they had in mind.
will keep you guys posted on the same.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 29th September 2006 at 00:37.
Old 29th September 2006, 02:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Guess what looks are not at all great and you sure are spoilt by fiesta and E 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
I wasn't very impressed with the car and i think it was the diesel variant undergoing testing unless the petrol was noisy (or maybe i'm spoilt by the Fiesta and E 270)
Old 30th September 2006, 02:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Fresh Pics!!

This is the 'freshned up' logan..launched recently...with some better equipment level...a more polished look. read somewhere that the indian logan will be a little more luxurios..so my guess is that our logan should look a little like this or maybe even better!!

Old 30th September 2006, 03:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Latest reports suggest Logan program on schedule....First half of '07

Friday, September 29, 2006

PARIS: The journey started somewhere in ’03. Three years down the road, and a few pit stops between India and France, the dream is almost ready. If you haven’t guessed it yet, we are talking of Logan, a car which will hit Indian streets in the first half of ’07.

On Wednesday in Paris, Patrick Pelata, executive vice-president, Renault, and Pawan Goenka, president, Mahindra & Mahindra, told mediapersons on the eve of the Paris Motor Show that things are on schedule. “The date and cost of the project... and everything else, is pretty much on track,” said Mr Goenka.

Incidentally, in ’05, M&M and the e41bn French auto manufacturer Renault came together to make Logan — a mid-sized sedan — for India. They formed a joint venture –– Mahindra Renault –– where M&M has a 51% stake, while Renault holds the rest. Mahindra Renault has invested Rs 700 crore in the project and plans to roll out 50,000 cars a year. The Logan will be made at M&M’s plant at Nashik. Curiously enough, the Logan was designed for eastern Europe, not western Europe. But soon enough, the no-nonsense, back-to-basics car caught the imagination of car lovers across the world. “The Logan is perfect for India. It is robust, roomy and affordable... just right for India,” says Mr Pelata.

The car naturally needed to be tweaked around a bit to suit Indian conditions. Says Rajesh Jejurikar, MD, Mahindra Renault, “There will be modifications for Indian roads. The right-hand drive, for instance.“ “All facilities in Nashik are in place. We are looking at manufacturing the first 15 vehicles by end-October this year. The Logan’s right on track,” he says.

Logan will be marketed in India under the Mahindra-Renault banner, and sold through M&M’s dealer network. Renault also plans to source a lot of components in India for Renault’s global needs. But all that’s going to happen with time.

Renault, which has been making cars for over 100 years now, is very keen to make an impression in India. “We are building on our relationship with M&M, and learning a lot as we go along,” says Mr Pelata. What perhaps is a bit odd is the awareness — or the lack of it — of Indians when it comes to French cars. In a survey done in ’04 in India, the country was right on top in car manufacturing. Then there was Germany and Japan. France and Italy were almost bumped off the list. Renault will have to do something to change that impression. And very fast at that.

Source : Economic Times (9/29/2006)
Old 30th September 2006, 15:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

The Logan might be better car than the Indigo in all respects but it going to be be quite a task for M & M to topple the Indigo from its VFM status.

Pricing will be very crucial and they cannot price it more than the Indigo. Spare and service will be another area for Mahindras to look at.

I have no doubts that the Logan will indeed be a robust car. SSeen the disguised car my self on a few occasions and its not all that bad looking at all.
Old 30th September 2006, 18:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

I would love the French to give some competition to the Germans in the Luxury/Business class segment in India. Would just love to see cars like the Renault Vel Satis or the Peugeot 607 on Indian roads.
Old 1st October 2006, 00:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Citroen in India ?

btw wasn't Citroen supposed to have made plans to enter India. They were planning to bring in their C6 model CBU initially and then turn to manufacturing their smaller C1,C4 etc here. There seems to be absolutely no news from their side...where have they vanished ??
Old 1st October 2006, 13:09   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker
btw wasn't Citroen supposed to have made plans to enter India. They were planning to bring in their C6 model CBU initially and then turn to manufacturing their smaller C1,C4 etc here. There seems to be absolutely no news from their side...where have they vanished ??
Peugeot (the parent company) saw its profits take a downturn. They have cancelled a new factory in E Europe and rethinking future investments
Old 1st October 2006, 13:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

That explains somewhat the 'spin' they gave it on this

Quote:
Peugeot pangs likely to delay Citroen's entry

French auto major Citroen is getting cold feet about its foray into India given the earlier experience of sister company Peugeot in this market.

According to sources, the company perceives legal and other snags as baggage from its earlier stint, though its former partners, the Doshis, are on record saying they don’t plan any fresh legal action.
They were spinning it as 'perceived 'legal' and other snags' when in reality they are just short on cash.

But I would have loved to see the C4 on Indian roads. A great car that one. Would have been a great alternative to the Skoda's and the VW's.
Old 2nd November 2006, 12:26   #40
BHPian

Hey guys Logan Dacia is coming to India soon.I had a chance to drive that car when i went to Morocco.It is pretty good car.The most awesom thing is the space inside the car especially the back seat leg room.It was so comfortable for me.It is not as big as Skoda.Interior is not posh .It is not a luxuary car but it has more features than suzuki baleno or Ford Ikon.
The drivability of the car is brilliant.Engine is 1.5dci.Engine sound is bit louder still it is pretty smooth.When it is cruising on high way (140km/hr) i can enjoy the comfort of the car.And the suspension it is great.I can say more comfortbale than Ford fiesta.
Well the looks are not that good.Here in India it will be MCV the car i dorve was saloon.Anyway the car will be a big hit in India.Altogether Dacia Logan is a brilliant and Economy car.

Note from the Support Staff: Threads Merged. Please Search before posting.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd November 2006 at 03:04.
Old 2nd November 2006, 23:50   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

But for the features bit, this description could be that of a HM Ambassador as well!
Old 3rd November 2006, 02:01   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
But for the features bit, this description could be that of a HM Ambassador as well!
heinn heinnnn... sounds like someone is already pissed off with Logan, even b4 its launched.

IMO, the looks are very bland. If Indians are conscious about something in their cars its the looks. And Logan is not going to earn any brownie points there for sure... at least not in its current garb. But the price factor may act in its favor.
Old 24th December 2006, 13:43   #43
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the Logan in Nashik on Friday under disguise. Had no time for pictures as the car appeared suddenly from behind a curve on the opposite side that I was driving to. The car was camouflaged in exactly the same way as the one in the pics posted by Lambo.
Old 26th December 2006, 19:10   #44
mxx
BHPian

more pics

Renault Dacia Logan pictures from cars photos on webshots

Photos of Dacia in Yahoo! Cars
Old 26th December 2006, 20:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Front, side profile looks are ok. Can live easily with it. Seems a bit like NHC zx grillie... Back end not that good. But over all cars better then Indigo.. and if placed @4.5 - 5 lac in DCi it can easily survive the competition.. Interiors lacks good feel...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks