Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2004, 20:38   #16

hi guys. i have come accross this new petrol pump from Essar oil in Nerul,New Mumbai. good fuel. good service and u can get fule even at 11.00 in the night which is not the case with other pertol pumps in Navi Mumbai.

if any body need directions , here are they. take the service road near D.Y. Patil college which is also know as tata press road. on the right hand side you will see the essar board and unlike other petrol pumps it is inside a shopping mall ( the mall has no shops hahah) .

try it , if u like it then write back.
Old 18th November 2004, 14:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Reliance fuel is good ..here in navi mumbai they have a outlet near my factory..yes the fuel is cheaper by just a little and the petrol is 91 Octane ..havent tried the diesel yet. they also have LPG filling facility at every pmp of theirs i think...

cheers
Old 18th November 2004, 19:00   #18
BHPian

Yeah ... I too heard that LPG facility will be available in all fillingstations soon ....
They have not yet started LPG filling here at Hyd ...
Old 18th November 2004, 20:10   #19
F50
Senior - BHPian

This is the policy of my dad and myself that we fillup our car only at selected Petrol Pumps like one opp. Hinduja Hospital and another at Sena Bhavan Shivaji Park or Balard Pier. They always ask to see the meter reading i.e. at 0 and stuff. But what I feel which ever pump you fill at you recieve less fuel.
Old 10th January 2006, 12:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure about the pumps at other places, but the ones in Chennai try all the tricks in the book to cheat you. The onus is on you to be careful.
Some tips that I use :
1. Always use the newer pumps where you can specify the amount of fuel or money.
2. Do not be distracted from the meter while fuelling. Here in Chennai,they try lots of things - like asking for the cash / card, trying to sell polishing liquids etc. I do not even look at them, let alone reply till the fuelling is complete.
3. Ask him to fuel it in auto-mode and to remove his hands from the nozzle.
This is because what I have noticed is that if you ask to fuel for Rs1000, he will initially fill normally and then when it reaches Rs700 or so, he will (without any reason) stop the flow and restart. I am not sure how this reduces the amount of fuel put into the tank, but I am pretty sure that it does. Otherwise why unnecessarily cut and start the flow when it is set to automatically stop on reaching Rs.1000/- ?
Old 10th January 2006, 14:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Reliance fuel is good. When I am in India I make it a point to fill at Reliance pumps. The average improves quite a bit. Not surprising really as many of the state affiliated pumps in our area are known for mixing kerosene with their diesel.
Old 10th January 2006, 16:49   #22
Team-BHP Support

Reliance fuel is good, I am sure of that. I have tried filling in diesel at remotest of places. Reliance diesel quality was really good at all these places. One peeve though. Most reliance pumps do not accept cards. In fact I am yet to come across a reliance pump that accepts cards.

Haryan, I have tried the Reliance pump at Balanagar. They are ok I guess. Again, such a big pump but they do not accept cards. That reduces their utility. I can not always be carrying wads of notes in my pocket! Incidentally they also sell Auto-LPG here.

About pumps in Navi Mumbai, there are a few in Vashi where they sell fuel 24 hours. i remember having filled up from the Club HP pump at sector-14 at 12 night... and that was at least 2.5 years back. I am sure there are many more now.
Old 10th January 2006, 21:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the other guy who was filling my tank, just pumped in 20ltrs of DIESEL in my 800
Quote:
the guy filled petrol insted
hey arijit and lambo, I believe diesel and petrol cars have different nozzles which makes it impossible for anyone to squeeze in a petrol nozzle into a diesel tank and vice versa. I am not to sure if Maruti 800 has this but the Siena should definately have this kind of nozzle.

On the same lines, When I was working in GM, we had a shell gas station next to the dealership and one day when I was standing out, I see a swanking Jaguar S type pulled up next to the diesel pump and this woman gets out and picks the diesel nozzle and starts to put it into the car's tank. I walk to her and tell her the nozzle she has in her hands is of diesel and she literally shouted in disbelif and thanked me. That would have been one expensive repair if she had actually managed to put in diesel.
Old 10th January 2006, 22:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure to keep an eye out the next time i get my car filled up with the kinda experience i had...Right now i use XtraMile, but thinkin abt switching to Speed93 Diesel or sumtin from BP
Old 26th June 2007, 09:10   #25
BHPian

Anybody try Shell outlets? Diesel is so so....but Petrol -- I've heard many a story on improved FE.

These guys even clean your windshield for you. And the one Shell outlet in Mangalore, the guy wouldn't accept any money for air. Must have a lot of CCTV's around
Old 26th June 2007, 12:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Reliance fuel is good ..here in navi mumbai they have a outlet near my factory..yes the fuel is cheaper by just a little and the petrol is 91 Octane ..havent tried the diesel yet. they also have LPG filling facility at every pmp of theirs i think...

cheers
OT, is ur factory somewhere near DAKC, I think I have seen the reliance pumps there. Also, when did you fall for Himessss - German Police ko meri talash hai!!!!
Old 26th June 2007, 14:11   #27

There was a story on TV news channel sometime back wherein they were interviewing a petrol pump attendant. He said how they are paid little or no wages for the work as lot of guys are ready to work for free. Same is the case with Oil tanker driver. He pointed out some tricks of his trade:
1. Engage the driver with sweet talk
2. Clean his window etc.
3. Sell him some wares.
4. Engage the person in billing etc.
5. Keep the dispensing pipe rolled up and not straight
6. Not setting the meter for amount
7. Keep the fingers on the nozzle to stop the flow and restart
8. Press the dispensing pipe with his foot
9. Keep a small waste bin nearby and put oil in there

Prefer not to use the mechanical pump. Go for the auto ones.
Even COCO - Company Owned Company Operated pumps have the labour supplied by the contractor.

As 95% people pay cash while filling the attendants are able to pocket the difference between oil dispensed and money collected. Always insists on bill as they will have less cash with them to adjust at the end of the day.
Old 26th June 2007, 17:28   #28
BHPian

almost many places in blr

[FONT=-moz-fixed]There is one more technique that they use.... Observed this at many pumps in B'lore. Plan to use a hidden camera next time.

You ask for say 800 bucks of petrol,.... The chap starts filling and stops at say 200. Then you clarify that it's 800 rupees. Herez how they cheat...

The chap then proceeds to reset the fuel amount/quantity key pad and feeds in 600 bucks (obviously, we think) and continues with the fill untill auto cutoff. This is where they deviate your attention.

When all this re-feed to 600/- is happening The nozzle is never returned back to it's home, it's still inside the fuel lid. So the fuel meter (ltrs dispensed/cost in rs) is still at 200 bucks and continues counting from where it had stopped, untill it hits 600 & auto cutoff happens!!!

200 bucks profit )

When you question he will return the fuel dispenser to it's home, which resets. But that is never done first time!!! Phew!!!
[/FONT]
Old 26th June 2007, 17:42   #29
BHPian

ownerofazkaban vbmenu_register("postmenu_480300", true); , this is vey valuable information. I have never thought of it.
Old 26th June 2007, 17:46   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
hey arijit and lambo, I believe diesel and petrol cars have different nozzles which makes it impossible for anyone to squeeze in a petrol nozzle into a diesel tank and vice versa. I am not to sure if Maruti 800 has this but the Siena should definately have this kind of nozzle.

On the same lines, When I was working in GM, we had a shell gas station next to the dealership and one day when I was standing out, I see a swanking Jaguar S type pulled up next to the diesel pump and this woman gets out and picks the diesel nozzle and starts to put it into the car's tank. I walk to her and tell her the nozzle she has in her hands is of diesel and she literally shouted in disbelif and thanked me. That would have been one expensive repair if she had actually managed to put in diesel.
Amit, this is not case because I have filled diesel in my petrol Zen by mistake. I do not think Indian manufaturers have different Nozzels for Dieel and Petrol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks