Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2015, 16:59   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look

All Indian manufacturers launching "cross over" versions of their hatch back with plastic cladding and cosmetic touchups making the most of the makeover seems weird!
I thought it was the ideal platform for Hyundai to introduce Turbo Gasoline engines!
Old 21st March 2015, 17:06   #62
Team-BHP Support

Not sure if it's mentioned already, but does this crossover version come with underbody engine protection? Hope a solid plate is provided underneath the engine along with the added ground clearance.

My Xcent doesn't have one and it's always running at the back of your mind when crossing through rough patches of our so called roads.
Old 21st March 2015, 17:17   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hope a solid plate is provided underneath the engine along with the added ground clearance.
Many of the SUVs don't come with that, and Active certainly doesn't. After the fake skid plate in the front, there is a big gap under the engine bay.

Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 22:40   #64

Hello People,

i think hyundai missed a very cool feature which they have incorporated in this new vehicle, the static bending lamps which can be seen inside the headlight unit. I checked this out on their European website and whats offered in India seems to have missed flaunting this rare feature. With this, i20 seems to be the only car other than XUV and superb to feature this.

Please let me know if i missed out on something
Old 21st March 2015, 22:43   #65
BHPian

Only if Hyundai had worked harder on its steering feedback, i20 Active would be a delight to drive for miles and miles with its increased GC over its brother. I agree with many of them regarding the overdone rear reflectors and the blue interiors Nevertheless, a stunning looking hatch/cross from Hyundai.
Old 25th March 2015, 18:04   #66
BHPian

Does anyone have a picture comparo of these Cross-over Hatchbacks with the Ecosport. Will be interesting to see what Value add Ecosport scores over these.
Old 27th March 2015, 16:30   #67
BHPian

Latest prices of the Active variants here in Hyderabad from a KUN dealer. No discounts, no freebies, delivery within 3 - 7 days depending on the color which is metallic by default on all variants.

This car looks really good in-metal, better than the Polo & Aventurra Cross.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-1427453906993.jpg  

Last edited by tjacob : 27th March 2015 at 16:43.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 09:24   #68
BHPian

With ~1 L premium over the Elite, I am wondering if Active is really worth it! I am sure it will be a great daily drive car in the city, a comfortable highway cruiser, but can it take me to Leh if I wanted to without breaking into a sweat?
Old 31st March 2015, 16:28   #69
BHPian

Again, just to get a passenger air-bag one has to buy Chrome Door Handles and Smart Key and Push Button start etc. And no SX option in petrol.
Old 2nd April 2015, 20:57   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Again, just to get a passenger air-bag one has to buy Chrome Door Handles and Smart Key and Push Button start etc. And no SX option in petrol.

Take it this way - when you opt for dual airbags, they suppose the missus (the reason for the second airbag ) would like chrome door handles and a button start like in her Honda Activa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masda View Post
With ~1 L premium over the Elite, I am wondering if Active is really worth it! I am sure it will be a great daily drive car in the city, a comfortable highway cruiser, but can it take me to Leh if I wanted to without breaking into a sweat?
I'm sure the active could take you to Leh but why take a delicate Hyundai when you can do it in a mighty muscular Mahindra! !
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 00:45   #71
BHPian

Was at the Hyundai showroom today

They didn't have any i20 active cars on display in the showroom but the SA was kind enough to take us to the stock yard, where they had about 5 i20 active cars. The SA wasn't sure when deliveries would start nor did he have the keys to the TD vehicle. We just hopped into the cars and had a look-see but missed out on the driving. The SA though promised to call us as soon as he could arrange a test drive.
Old 15th April 2015, 14:53   #72
BHPian

This vehicle is ideal for those who want to dodge a debate about the pros and cons in the CROSS segment as it is neutral in all aspects. It doesn't triumph in any aspect apart from good after-sales service and resale value. While other CROSS's can be criticized with any one factor, this can be excused with an aid of another compensating factor.

Good job Samurai!
Brosreview is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 19:27   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
So, what's new on the inside?
A welcome change! Our car had an alloy wheel spare (Elite i20 gives you a regular steel wheel instead):
My friend has booked i20 Active, but the dealer says that the spare wheel will not be an alloy, but a regular one. Any idea if the one you reviewed had an alloy only because you were reviewing it?
If it is indeed supposed to be an alloy, then is there a way we can help my friend to fight his war to get an alloy?

Dipak Ranawat
Old 13th May 2015, 23:36   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipakDZireLover View Post
My friend has booked i20 Active, but the dealer says that the spare wheel will not be an alloy, but a regular one. Any idea if the one you reviewed had an alloy only because you were reviewing it?
If it is indeed supposed to be an alloy, then is there a way we can help my friend to fight his war to get an alloy?

Dipak Ranawat
Hey Dipak, I guess the dealer is wrong. If we check the Hyundai website, the feature set for Elite i20 clearly says Alloys as 4 sets. It says nothing for i20 Active and that makes me feel, it should have all 5 alloys. What the dealer said will be true only if the 5th alloy was removed as part of Hyundai's recent silent cost cutting exercise.

Why dont you ask your friend to check in the display vehicle or test-drive vehicle.
Old 14th May 2015, 00:40   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
During pre-launch reviews, we often get pre-production prototypes, and always the highest variant. And they don't add non-standard accessories to the test cars. The car we got had an alloy spare wheel. We went with what we observed on the car.

Jaggu had an interesting theory: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post3665650 (Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look)

Quote:
Unfortunately, the specs doesn't say anything on the matter, whether the spare is steel or alloy. Ask your friend to directly contact Hyundai customer care and confirm it.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed