Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nits83 View Post
Hi guys,

I need a confirmation

Thanks
Nitin
No, it does not illuminate. Yeah, it's daft on Hyundai's part to miss that, I know.
Old 3rd January 2018, 15:59   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
There was an additional 10k discount on models with AVN (audio and visual navigation - touchscreen display in simple language). Do check it up if the same has been applied properly in your case.
Thanks! Yes, indeed this is the extra 10K discount for cars equipped with AVN.

Dealership tried to fool me, but that SMS from Hyundai saved us from the loss.

Happy owner of an i20 Active now
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:05   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishwaryadeep View Post
Thanks! Yes, indeed this is the extra 10K discount for cars equipped with AVN.

Dealership tried to fool me, but that SMS from Hyundai saved us from the loss.
So did you get an additional 10K discount over and above what the dealer informed you earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishwaryadeep View Post
Happy owner of an i20 Active now
Congratulations !! Happy ownership
jasjotbains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:38   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
Congratulations !! Happy ownership
Thank you!

Quote:
So did you get an additional 10K discount over and above what the dealer informed you earlier?
They didn't agree for 10K extra Cash Discount.

On threatening with booking cancellation, agreed to 5K extra cash discount, and Free 0 Dep add-on on insurance.

Still, I found the insurance too expensive. Not going to renew it next year. Will take a new one!
Old 21st August 2018, 15:49   #215
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Anyone changed/upgraded their tires on their i20 Active, what is the recommended up size or brand to go for. Mine came with Apollos which were fine but nothing exceptional.

Regards,
Nitin
Old 20th March 2021, 23:54   #216
BHPian

This could be probably a somewhat long-term report. We have owned the i20 Active for 4 years now. It has run only for around 40k kms. Now that I think about it, it seems like a very decent buy back then.

We got the SX petrol version and it has mostly been used for driving within the city, with some rare longer stretches for 300km+.

While I was thinking the CRDi was definitely better, family wanted a petrol only. I still feel that we could have got the better engine, but I've made my peace with it.

The mileage I get hovers around 10-11 kmpl. This is somewhat poor compared to my 10-year-old i10 (regular beater car) which also gives the same mileage despite being more than twice the age. I put it down to probably better driving too (only I drive the i10 and my father gets a driver to drive the i20 Active frequently).

The only major issue I've ever had is related to the stock tyres (Goodyear) wearing off pretty quickly, within 30k kms. I got them changed to Yokohama Earth 1 and we're quite happy with that. I'm not sure if that is a regular issue, but I was a little disappointed with the stock tyres to be honest. And it was not as if they were punctured, the tread just wore off way faster than I thought it would. Yokohama has been better in that sense. The car seems to ride a smidge better, I need lesser trips to refill nitrogen and overall, the tyres have shown almost nil wear for over 10k kms. The i10 has had the same brand of tyres running for 15kms as well, with no visible wear as well.

And secondly, senor citizens sitting on the rear bench complain about the recline angle. But this is not a major issue, and I've added some cushions to help out.

Honestly, in the city, the slightly shorter gearing will help in quickly getting up to speed, and it never feels like the car is underpowered (at least until a Rapid/Vento whooshes past you). It is only on the highways that I would perversely prefer to drive the i10 instead, purely for how you can squeeze the smaller car into responding faster. That is not to say that the petrol engine runs out of breath, just that you need to set your expectations to a smooth, relaxed drive instead of an involved, rip-roaringly fast one.

I really love the high ground clearance for tackling horrible roads in Bangalore and Chennai (especially post rains messy roads). The ride might seem a little stiffer in low-speed city driving conditions, but it is sorted and stable and does not bob up and down like a ferry, while taken at 100 kmph on the highway (which my i10 does, and which grew on me).

Thought the production of this i20 Active has been stopped, the car has never required more than a day's stop at the Hyundai workshop for any issue, so I don't think there's any problems with parts availability till date. I normally engage with Hyundai Motor Plaza in Chennai and Advaith Hyundai in Bangalore.

So yeah, it's been a rather good decision to take this over the i20 Elite back in 2017 and I plan to keep this for the next 5-6 years at least (EMIs are completed and I can finally enjoy driving that car without any financial aspect at the back of my head).
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 23:56   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nits83 View Post
Dear BHPians,

Anyone changed/upgraded their tires on their i20 Active, what is the recommended up size or brand to go for. Mine came with Apollos which were fine but nothing exceptional.

Regards,
Nitin
We changed it to Yokohama. Has been excellent so far.
Old 9th December 2023, 23:30   #218
SRV

Hi experts,

I got an offer for a used i20 active,

HYUNDAI I20 ACTIVE SX
2018 MODEL
SINGLE OWNER
PETROL
17000 KMS
7.60 PRICE NEGOTIABLE

Can someone please suggest me if the price is VFM or is it too costly..? What price should I ask them in case if I have to negotiate.

Need your inputs please. Thanks.
Old 10th December 2023, 07:48   #219
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRV View Post
Hi experts,

I got an offer for a used i20 active,

HYUNDAI I20 ACTIVE SX
2018 MODEL
SINGLE OWNER
PETROL
17000 KMS
7.60 PRICE NEGOTIABLE

Can someone please suggest me if the price is VFM or is it too costly..? What price should I ask them in case if I have to negotiate.

Need your inputs please. Thanks.
Considering the car has not run much if it's in excellent condition, a price of around 7 lakhs is fine, anything more is a bit high. As far as I remember a top-spec i20 Active Petrol costs around 10 lakhs, so considering its more than 5 years old, anything more than 7 lakhs is a bit too costly.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 09:13   #220
SRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Considering the car has not run much if it's in excellent condition, a price of around 7 lakhs is fine, anything more is a bit high. As far as I remember a top-spec i20 Active Petrol costs around 10 lakhs, so considering its more than 5 years old, anything more than 7 lakhs is a bit too costly.
Thank you for your response. But would you suggest me to go for a new i20 or amaze by adding 2 more lakhs or the i20 active is worth going for..?
Old 10th December 2023, 12:45   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your response. But would you suggest me to go for a new i20 or amaze by adding 2 more lakhs or the i20 active is worth going for..?
Buying a new car means you get at least two years of warranty at the minimum, you have the option to opt for more which I would wholeheartedly encourage. As a previous Hyundai owner of Xcent and Accent, I can tell you after five years owning a Hyundai is like having an elephant in the house. Okay its not that bad, but I hope you get the picture? I would stay away from Hyundai cars that are 5+ years old unless I am getting a really good deal.
Old 11th December 2023, 09:42   #222
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
A New i20 Sportz MT costs less than 10 lakhs OTR in Chennai, so it's just over 2 lakhs costlier than the used model you have mentioned if I had the funds to buy a new model over a used one, I would always prefer that owing to the new car feel (you are the first one using the car), warranty and overall better product. So, if you are not short of funds, a new car is always a better investment over a used one.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks