Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2006, 11:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
I am able to see thru their strategy - like other guys on the forum, which might not be the case with an average customer. My point is that this is not a fair strategy to increase consumer footprint, and a questionable advertising practice.
The average customer would stick to their Esteems, Santros and Balenos, I don't think too many of them would be swayed by this. And to those who do.......I would say they deserve to get what they do.

And, as you would have seen from Kdb's post, a 16 kmpl for the 1.4 is do-able; how many would have thought that a "fuel guzzling 1.4L monster" Ford would have given those figures (if we put aside the utopian 22 kmpl for a minute)?

Questionable advertising practice? Come on, how many ads aren't? Have you seen the Aveo's? Or the Optra SRVs? Are all the things being touted there 100% true? Without getting into a major debate, at least the 22kmpl has happened under ideal test conditions
Old 19th September 2006, 11:51   #47
kdb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
I am able to see thru their strategy - like other guys on the forum, which might not be the case with an average customer. My point is that this is not a fair strategy to increase consumer footprint, and a questionable advertising practice.

I guess it is products with a deficiency that usually use such advertising measures to cover up the deficiency. A Honda or a Suzuki is known for FE and would not need to resort to such tactics to bring out an advantage which people know anyway about.
@SB it seems that u have been most offended by this ad rather than anybody n this world.. keep ur cool buddy .. its a world of marketing today .. everybody leaves no opportunity to capture it .. buying or not buying decision is personal and moreover mileage is not the only critrea..

As far as advertising goes .. the honda accord itself talks about its good mileage in advertisements in US media .. Moreover Ford is not stating anywhere in the ad that they got this mileage in city .. u may need to read the full advertisement i suppose...
Old 19th September 2006, 12:02   #48
BHPian

i think even maruti has resorted to such kind of things in the past regarding zen or maybe someother product not sure though
Old 19th September 2006, 14:59   #49
BHPian

I am driving fiesta 1.6 for last 5 months (last one month its with ford dealer for repair due to flood....God knows when i will get the car back). I never got FE of more than 14 even on highways. So the limca record is as good as drinking a bottle of limca and forgetting it.
Old 19th September 2006, 15:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashd
I am driving fiesta 1.6 for last 5 months (last one month its with ford dealer for repair due to flood....God knows when i will get the car back). I never got FE of more than 14 even on highways. So the limca record is as good as drinking a bottle of limca and forgetting it.
The record is with the 1.4 Petrol and Diesel, not the 1.6.

Also, 14 kmpl from a 1.6 is quite good in my reckoning considering that its a Ford
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks