Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 13:09   #106

Re: May 2015 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
I'm really surprised about the poor sales numbers of the Verna. Being an owner of the 4S 1.6 SX Crdi !
I second your thoughts. I dont know what is going to be Hyundai strategy to arrest the slide. Compared to average monthly volume of 2800 nos in 2014, it has come down to 2500 nos for 5 months upto May. Being a Verna CRDI owner for past 1 year I really feel this vehicle has still got what it takes to be one of the top selling sedans in the country.
kumaranna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 14:02   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaranna View Post
I second your thoughts. I dont know what is going to be Hyundai strategy to arrest the slide. Compared to average monthly volume of 2800 nos in 2014, it has come down to 2500 nos for 5 months upto May. Being a Verna CRDI owner for past 1 year I really feel this vehicle has still got what it takes to be one of the top selling sedans in the country.
Compared to the elegant designs of City and Ciaz, Verna is just over-done for its size, and is not symmetric in design. Compared to Verna, Elantra has all symmetries in its design, and is very elegant.
Old 23rd June 2015, 17:36   #108
Senior - BHPian

I am really surprised that Fiat and GM still have their shops open. I cant even remember when they last had a decent month of sales.

What is really disappointing, is the numbers of the Ritz. I have one and I must say its unlike any other Maruti in my family. Still not a creak or a groan after 4.5 years of ownership. I still think its one of the better built maruti's and is super reliable.

Last edited by SPARKled : 23rd June 2015 at 17:37.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 11:16   #109
BHPian

Hi guys! I'm a student at IIM Calcutta and am doing a project on car sales trend analysis using statistical tools to unearth insights.
I want to analyse the car sales data by model/segment for the past 10 years or so.
The data on teambhp seems to be screenshots of excel sheets. Is there any way for me to export the data onto excel to be able to analyse? Alternatively is there any source that will have consolidated year on year sales data by model/segment?
ANy help will be much appreciated!!
Old 30th June 2015, 11:39   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I am really surprised that Fiat and GM still have their shops open. I cant even remember when they last had a decent month of sales.
GM is just down to one dealer in Kolkata now, Dulichand Motors. At one point of time they had five. In a strange occurring, the showroom of Speed Chevrolet at Kazi Nazrul Avenue (VIP Road) is shut with a display announcing shifting of showroom in progress. Strange, because apart from Ford, Maruti has recently opened up a showroom in the same building and I thought that would increase footfall to the Chevy showroom under the same roof as well. Running away afraid from the competition, are we GM? Or am I being too cynical and they are shifting to increase floor space to accommodate the Trailblazer and the Spin twins?
Old 30th June 2015, 12:43   #111
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik-zza View Post
The data on teambhp seems to be screenshots of excel sheets. Is there any way for me to export the data onto excel to be able to analyse? Alternatively is there any source that will have consolidated year on year sales data by model/segment?
ANy help will be much appreciated!!
The first post mentions http://management-punditz.blogspot.in/ as the source. Do talk to them. Also, if you get the data, let me know also. Being an Analytics guy, this would be fun to play around with.

Cheers,
Adi
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks