Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2015, 23:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Fiat to launch Linea special edition. EDIT: Elegante launched at Rs. 9.99 lakh

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...4940#post44940

From the source myfiatworld, pics of Linea elegance, the limited edition version based on dynamic trim (going by the non existance of side chrome moulding and black middle grille), have emerged. From what it can be made out, it has the following add ons:

Scoop! Fiat to launch Linea special edition. EDIT: Elegante launched at Rs. 9.99 lakh-img20150728wa0052_wm.jpg

Scoop! Fiat to launch Linea special edition. EDIT: Elegante launched at Rs. 9.99 lakh-received_684506524983319_wm.jpg

-Rear spoiler and a bodykit
-Black wrapped roof
-16" alloy wheels from the Punto Evo 90 HP sport
-side decals
-Reverse camera
-The biggest change: Inbuilt 2 DIN touchscreen stereo system with inbuilt GPS navigation, similar to the one in Turkish Linea

Engine will continue unchanged and will be powered by 1.3 litre 93 PS multijet diesel.

Last edited by sidindica : 28th July 2015 at 23:12.
sidindica is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 09:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! Fiat to launch Linea special edition. EDIT: Elegante launched at Rs. 9.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

From what it can be made out, it has the following add ons:

-Black wrapped roof
-side decals
-Reverse camera
-The biggest change: Inbuilt 2 DIN touchscreen stereo system with inbuilt GPS navigation, similar to the one in Turkish Linea

Engine will continue unchanged and will be powered by 1.3 litre 93 PS multijet diesel.
Awesome info sidindica !!

I am not currently in the market for any car purchases but I really feel sad for Linea & Punto as they are the most understated cars in India only because of Fiat's lethargy.

Going by what's on offer and considering the fact that their 'Business Partner' will launch Fiat's 1.6 MJD , shouldn't Linea ideally get this heart along with these features ??

Common Fiat, leave the 1.3 MJD (90HP) as standard for Punto EVO and Get this 1.6 MJD for Linea.
Old 29th July 2015, 10:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! Fiat to launch Linea special edition. EDIT: Elegante launched at Rs. 9.99 lakh

Quote:
Does this HU have the CD player? Looks very similar to the one on the Aliexpress or the one seen on Virtue India website. Its good top see Fiat coming up with such changes, I am sure this is not going to the USP but nevertheless amy bring in some customers

ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 12:15   #4
Team-BHP Support

Here are more images of the Linea Elegante.

Scoop! Fiat to launch Linea special edition. EDIT: Elegante launched at Rs. 9.99 lakh-lin1.jpg

Scoop! Fiat to launch Linea special edition. EDIT: Elegante launched at Rs. 9.99 lakh-lin2.jpg

Scoop! Fiat to launch Linea special edition. EDIT: Elegante launched at Rs. 9.99 lakh-lin3.jpg

Scoop! Fiat to launch Linea special edition. EDIT: Elegante launched at Rs. 9.99 lakh-lin4.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Aditya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 12:32   #5
BHPian

NO for the choice of alloys. A bigger NO for the sticker!! Fiat is heading the Maruti way by offering lame variants.

Pardon the cynicism, but all these cosmetic changes will NOT make a difference to a car which begs a bigger heart.

My prediction is that by the next 20-25 posts on this thread, this discussion will once again have steered to the point where all of us will be asking Fiat to launch the 1.6 MJD Linea.

Lost cause I'd say!
iceman7 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 12:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

These changes - redesigned bumper, new alloys, and visual tweaks around the body could have passed off as a minor face lift by some brands - any day this is better than adding stickers and colored wheel caps and calling it a special edition.
But end of the day, I don't think this will make much changes to the sales numbers - looks were never a weak point for FIAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
NO for the choice of alloys. A bigger NO for the sticker!!
I think the sticker is very non obtrusive - I hope you are saying about the body decals on the side, and not about the watermark of FMC.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 12:50   #7
Lij
BHPian

Quote:

-Reverse camera
The above can be even done at the dealer level I believe if the parts are available. Why launch a separate version for this!!

The original alloys are much better.

Is this version available only for the MultiJet variants or also for the T-Jet variants?

Last edited by Lij : 29th July 2015 at 12:52. Reason: Added a question in the end.
Old 29th July 2015, 13:27   #8
BHPian

IMO Front bodykit is an overkill and spoils the already elegant looks in the name of Elegante. I liked it in the first image posted by Sid but front looks is a big NO.

Last edited by avingodb : 29th July 2015 at 13:27. Reason: added second sentence.
Old 29th July 2015, 14:17   #9
BHPian

Fiat needs new cars in its portfolio in India instead of these facelifts. And they need to launch them fast.

The touchscreen stereo system is surely a great addition. Would it be possible to fit in my Punto Evo? Any ideas if it would require any major electrical tampering?
Old 29th July 2015, 14:18   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Personally, I like the cleaner looking bumper sans chrome.
However, totally hate the bumper skirts, side skirts, alloys, and stickering.

The touchscreen HU however looks to be well integrated!

Wish Fiat launched the T-Jet in this trim, instead of the 1.3L MJD - would give due justice to the 'sportier' appearance
Old 29th July 2015, 14:27   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Does this HU have the CD player? Looks very similar to the one on the Aliexpress or the one seen on Virtue India website. Its good top see Fiat coming up with such changes, I am sure this is not going to the USP but nevertheless amy bring in some customers

Similar? If your picture is from AliExpress then this is exactly the same as what is shown in the Linea pic!
Old 29th July 2015, 14:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

I would have loved to see a blackened headlamp along with this one. Would have been killer in looks. Why are trends like Piano black console just creeping all over the place with every manufacturer. Looks good when new but finger print marks could be all over if not wiped every now and then.
Old 29th July 2015, 14:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Similar? If your picture is from AliExpress then this is exactly the same as what is shown in the Linea pic!
The pic was from Virtue India website, but the same should be available on the Aliexpress since Virtue India imports these from China. There have not been many reviews and neither any worth buying reviews. Virtue India is offering this HU for 28K approx and it comes with 1 yr warranty. Its a simple plug and play as per the website and is being offered for the new refreshed Linea as well.

How is this Elegance variant costing in terms of the existing Linea variants? If the cost of about 28K more then the existing then clearly it is solely because of the HU. There is no mention about the Elegance on the Fiat India website. Does this car also come with the 3 yr and 45k kms free maintenance?
Old 29th July 2015, 15:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

If they really wanted to up the game, they should have added projector headlamps with smoked effect, LED tail lights and blackened wheels like Skoda Rapid. Interiors of existing car are good, they could have given the pod like display mounted on dashboard above AC vents.
This one is typical Maruti like 'upgrade', wont fly much in my opinion.
OT: The raised rear suspension of new Linea looks very bad and makes the design completely out of sync.
Old 29th July 2015, 15:15   #15
BHPian

Who on earth chose those alloys ? Maybe it fits in with the car being a 'limited edition'(pun intended ) of already limited sales !!!!!!

On one hand we have a good looking and best riding and handling car with inappropriate engine.
On another hand we have cars who lose out in all the above traits but with powerful engine and quality interiors .
Why can't any one manufacturer combine both of these traits in a single car?? And maybe even charge a little premium for it.
In India ,these car manufacturers are hell bent in purposely and compulsorily losing out in one aspect atleast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks