Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2015, 12:51   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The Duster was their first hit. Even then, they took their own time making any kinds of improvements or offering the 4WD version. Now the Creta will pretty much obliterate the duster. This face lift is rather delayed/reactive strategy to the Creta. For anyone who doesn't need 4WD, it makes much more sense to get the Creata given the more powerful engine, better interiors and safety features and not to mention, first in class 6-Speed automatic with a powerful deisel engine.
Totally agree! Only now they are floating teasers that they MAY get their version of DSG to India. Do they think we Indians are waiting with bated breath for them to launch the facelift + DCT?

Ironically, my own trusted Sales Advisor was himself sarcastically saying that Renault is 'busy' with the Kwid launch. Does a new car launch (admittedly a crucial one for them) mean that they postpone grossly overdue improvements to their current top sellers? The Duster was their only seller!

Anyway, after the recent reports of the Ford DCT also playing up, I will prefer to not touch a DCT (or even a AMT) and that too from a muddled Renault India - frankly the Creta's 'old school' torque converter is likely to be significantly more reliable and niggle-free! I can live with the momentary hesitation during a kick-down rather than face the mechatronics monster.

Also wanted to point out that their reaction to the Creta launch was to put in place a scheme in August for 10 & 20 lucky buyers to go to South Africa & Gir sanctuary respectively. I mean, is it me or are they thinking they are selling a LED TV?

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st August 2015 at 13:08. Reason: Gir
Old 23rd August 2015, 16:16   #17
BHPian

From the pictures, the overall look of the vehicle appears to be the same as the old one but nonetheless there are bound to be certain cosmetic changes which are necessary for Renault to keep its best selling work horse in the competition. Although it would have been better had Renault launched its new duster with facelifts a couple of months before because now with both S-Cross and Creta taking the center stage, duster will have to struggle to make its presence felt. Nonetheless its always better to be late than never.
Old 23rd August 2015, 20:22   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Totally agree! Only now they are floating teasers that they MAY get their version of DSG to India. Do they think we Indians are waiting with bated breath for them to launch the facelift + DCT?

Ironically, my own trusted Sales Advisor was himself sarcastically saying that Renault is 'busy' with the Kwid launch. Does a new car launch (admittedly a crucial one for them) mean that they postpone grossly overdue improvements to their current top sellers? The Duster was their only seller!

Anyway, after the recent reports of the Ford DCT also playing up, I will prefer to not touch a DCT (or even a AMT) and that too from a muddled Renault India - frankly the Creta's 'old school' torque converter is likely to be significantly more reliable and niggle-free! I can live with the momentary hesitation during a kick-down rather than face the mechatronics monster.

Also wanted to point out that their reaction to the Creta launch was to put in place a scheme in August for 10 & 20 lucky buyers to go to South Africa & Gir sanctuary respectively. I mean, is it me or are they thinking they are selling a LED TV?

What reports of the Ford DCT? The one in the Ecosport?
Old 26th August 2015, 07:53   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault is rumored to equip the Duster with a digital instrument cluster; similar to what is seen on the small car – Kwid.
Name:  D.png
Views: 6008
Size:  291.5 KB

http://fly-wheel.com/next-gen-renaul...ument-cluster/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 13:09   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Duster facelift spied again. Launch can be expected at the 2016 Auto Expo.

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-renaultdusterexterior56343.jpg
Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-renaultdusterexterior56344.jpg
Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-renaultdusterfacelift56338.jpg

Quote:
The most evident revision is the new pattern of the alloy wheels. The normal bulb-type tail lamps have been replaced by LED ones and can expect some changes to the bumper as well. The revised car is expected to get scuff plates in the rear and the front. With new roof rails, can also expect a revised design for the headlamps, grille and air intakes.

Renault will add another petrol variant, which will employ a new 1.2-litre TCe petrol engine that produces 123.3bhp of power and 204Nm of torque. The new Duster will be available in 4X2 and 4X2 configurations, and the five- and six-speed manual transmission options will continue to be offered

http://www.carwale.com/news/19876-re...n-chennai.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 08:12   #21
BHPian

A lot of members mention the overall crudeness of the duster. This saddens me as i am a big fan of the car. 2 years of owning the duster 110 rxz, and this after owning a vento trendline and the verna 1.6 sx, i can confidently say that this is a brilliantly engineered car with awesome power, stellar ride, exceptional dynamics, go almost anywhere characteristics, and yes, a timeless suv look ( the duster i feel is still a looker at par with the creta especially with te adventure cladding.)

Pricewise, the awd compares to the creta's sx (o) variant...the new segment king.

Mechanically, the duster is head and shoulders above the creta.
1. Rides better (took a test drive)
2. Feels just as powerful.
3. Safety kit is almost the same. Except for the lack of curtain and side airbags, the duster too has esp, Hill assist, traction control, abs, ebd, and 2 airbags.
4. Cruise control which the creta does not provide.
5. Awd. The duster rules.
6. Independant suspension. Advantage duster.
7. 210 mm ground clearence. 20mm in favour of the duster.

Creature comforts is where the duster loses out. This is something i am hoping renault will rectify, what with a camouflaged fascia on the spy shots.
What the duster needs is easily fixed.
1. Better quality plastics.
2. Climate control.
3. Keyless go.
4. Electric retract orvm
5. Reverse camera.

With these additions, i believe the duster is still the car to buy, and next year when I want to trade in the current duster, will surely go in for the awd over the creta without doubt.

Last edited by igp_79 : 27th August 2015 at 08:16.
igp_79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 09:11   #22
BHPian

Scoop: Duster / Terrano facelifts coming?

My friend Rahul from Chennai clicked these pictures of the possible Duster/Terrano facelifts

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-img20150906wa0023.jpg

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-img20150906wa0024.jpg

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-img20150906wa0025.jpg

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-img20150906wa0026.jpg

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-img20150906wa0027.jpg
sam_sant2005 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 13:02   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Duster facelift again being reported.

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_extraimages_20150907124143_dustx.jpg

Quote:
The front end of the Duster is expected to get styling tweaks made to the headlamps, bumper and grille. The SUV may take styling cues from the Duster facelift unveiled in Brazil earlier this year, but this is not confirmed.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ia-396618.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 10:34   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

The Duster facelift continues it's testing runs, but this time it's unmasked headlights have been caught by an IAB reader.

The test mule also had different alloys shod on it.

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-2016renaultdusterfaceliftfrontquartersnappedbyiabreader900x541.jpg

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-2016renaultdusterfaceliftfrontthreequartersnappedbyiabreader900x579.jpg

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-2016renaultdusterfaceliftrearthreequartersnappedbyiabreader900x592.jpg

Quote:
The front-end of the pre-production test model reveals that the new Duster will ditch the current multi-slat chrome grille for a single slat design housing a large Renault lozenge.
The headlamps feature a new cluster design that looks identical to its Brazilian counterpart.
The rear-end will get updated taillight clusters and new alloy rims designs.
IAB
Old 21st September 2015, 10:38   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at the masked grill and the headlights, it's almost certain they are going with this face -

Interiors will be an interesting story worth a watch.

More pics on this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-revealed.html
Old 21st September 2015, 11:38   #26
Team-BHP Support

Day before yesterday, test drove the Duster for the first time on road. I had driven the Duster AWD in off-road/slushy conditions quite a few times.
My observations-

1. Ride quality is at a different league, better than XUV (driven on the same roads last week)
2. Handling is better than XUV. There is a desolate place near my house with a flowing turn. Whatever car I can lay my hands upon, I take it through that turn. The Duster could take it at 100 and could have done a bit more whereas last week I could take it at 90ish in the XUV and 80ish in the Scorpio. The Duster felt the most sure footed out of these three.
3. Fellow bhpian drove the Duster through the same slush that he drove the XUV and the Scorpio last week. The Duster did not bottom out or scrape even once whereas the XUV took multiple hits and the plastic underbelly guard was dangling from one side after the drive.
4. Even in that slush there was no hint of wheel-spin from the Duster.
5. Brakes could have a tad bit better
6. I liked the previous Black and Beige interiors over the Black and Grey one.

Overall, superbly impressed with the on-road behaviour
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 12:20   #27
BHPian

So that means, there are going to be NO Projector Headlights. That is retaining a negative, considering the competition. What remains to be seen is whether Renault get some premium-ness into the interiors. They really HAVE TO improve drastically to make an impact. The game has moved on.
Old 21st September 2015, 13:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Till date no automotive manufacturer has been able to tune their suspension close to the Duster's for any vehicle under 20 Lakhs. Three years down we do see heavy users with 1 lakh plus km on the odo who have had only one major repair which is clutch replacement.
Hyundai launched Creta with a big hype, but the suspension is no where close to the Dusters.
Hope the new version comes with the Renault's fame EDC gearbox, and they will be back in the game. Hopefully they should give the EDC with the FWD to make a brisk and effecient highway cruiser, and a Torque converter autobox with the 4X4.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 09:36   #29
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

A LHD Dacia Duster has been lying inside the premises of KPIT, Pune for a long time now. A friend had sent me these pics few weeks back. Any idea why the Duster is lying in KPIT? Some R&D work for the Revolo hybrid by any chance?
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-img20150428wa0017.jpg  

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-img20150428wa0018.jpg  

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-img20150428wa0020.jpg  

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-img20150428wa0021.jpg  

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-img20150428wa0022.jpg  

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-img20150428wa0023.jpg  

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-img20150428wa0024.jpg  

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-img20150428wa0025.jpg  

Renault Duster facelift spotted testing in India-img20150428wa0026.jpg  

Old 30th September 2015, 16:20   #30
BHPian

Just look at the Centre console and you will realize how much of an effort Renault has done to rehash/brighten up when they launched the Indian version.

The above dash has not been changed in eons and they are still selling it overseas !!

Yes, granted, the export version is likely to see better safety kit (ESP, TC , more Airbags etc)

Looks like you win some, you lose some !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks