Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2015, 14:30   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
I am getting mine on 14th ...
Either I'll disable it, or would pay special attention to it !
What If I dont even cross 2K RPM mark - would Turbo still come into affect and idling rule applies ?
Congrats! As far as I know, the turbo spins even at lower rpms, though it doesn't produce the required boost. So I think a prolonged use in lower rpms might also require some idling. And I don't think there is a subroutine int eh ecu software, to check whether the vehicle has come to a complete stop, after a heavy turbo usage. So IMO, switching off the feature should avoid any damage to the turbo.
Old 19th March 2016, 03:30   #197
BANNED

No need for SHVS in small Maruti cars, says Maruti engineering head. Cars in question include WagonR and Alto

Quote:
Speaking to IAB, Maruti-Suzuki's engineering director, Mr. C.V Raman, stated that smaller products such as the Maruti Wagon-R and Maruti Alto will not need the SHVS system.

The Alto offers good fuel mileage figures and low carbon emissions, which does not warrant the need for the SHVS. The 1.0-liter K-Series engine in the two models is BS IV and OBD- II compliant.

The Maruti Wagon R and Alto K10 return 20.51 km/L and 24.07 km/L (ARAI-certified) respectively. Customers looking for lower running costs have the option of CNG variants on both models.

Currently, the only models with an SHVS system are the Maruti Ciaz and Maruti Ertiga diesel variants. The system basically comprises of a start/stop system, brake energy recuperation and torque assist, which slightly improve the fuel consumption figures.
SOURCE: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/03/n...ti-cars-225192
Old 19th March 2016, 07:50   #198
BANNED

Re: Maruti Ciaz SHVS with Integrated Starter Generator & idling start / stop system. EDIT: Now launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
No need for SHVS in small Maruti cars, says Maruti engineering head. Cars in question include WagonR and Alto
It is very clear that they introduced shvs in bigger capacity cars to escape from higher tax. Not exactly to decrease emission or increase fuel efficiency. So, it is easy to guess why this technology won't come in smaller cars now. If the govt change the policy to tax smaller cars more and continue giving soaps to hybrids, maruti will introduce shvs in small cars as well.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th March 2016 at 07:55.
Old 24th April 2016, 22:53   #199
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz SHVS with Integrated Starter Generator & idling start / stop system. EDIT: Now launc

Is Ciaz officially a Hybrid qualifying for odd-even rule exemption?
Old 25th April 2016, 16:14   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
Is Ciaz officially a Hybrid qualifying for odd-even rule exemption?
Yes it is. Though I was stopped couple of times, all they see if the badge at the back.

Once I had to verbally explain to policemen - his statement was also correct to a point - why doesn't your RC mention Hybrid ?!! With the traffic building up at my back, he reluctantly let me go !
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 13:52   #201
BHPian

Does anyone know answers for the following questions:
1) Why there is no formal review of Hybrid Ciaz or Ertiga from Team-bhp?
2) What is the power in bhp/torque of SVHS motor used in Ciaz/Ertiga?
3) What is the new battery power details and what is different from the non-SVHS battery?
4) What is the total life of battery in SVHS car? Is it shorter or longer than non-SVHS?
5) How is the next version of Ciaz/Ertiga different than the current SVHS? Can we expect more powered battery and Motor and better mileage?
6) who is the supplier for the alternator-motor for SVHS Maruti?
Old 9th June 2016, 01:15   #202
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support: Do NOT TROLL on Team-BHP. Do NOT post in a negative manner.

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2016 at 08:47.
Tommie is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 9th June 2016, 01:45   #203
Senior - BHPian

Wow, such a strong statement, buddy. Maybe your expectation out of Team-bhp is wrong. Most of the time, queries goes unanswered, maybe because no one knows the answer or could be because it was answered before in the same thread.

Of the questions you posted, I can answer question 4. Probably the life of the battery in SHVS car is shorter, since their will be more load because of start and stop system. It will be interesting to see whether the battery is any different, which I believe would be the case.

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2016 at 08:48. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 9th June 2016, 06:39   #204
BHPian

I was about to answer your list of questions, but with this attitude, I think it would be best if you raise these with Maruti directly. Do you have their email address, or expecting that from someone here?

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2016 at 08:48. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 9th June 2016, 08:01   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Funny MSIL should say that, as every Suzuki kei car in Japan (including Alto and WagonR) which have tiny 660cc engines are offered with the same technology (different name) and offer upto 37 km/l fuel efficiency.

Mahindra having 1.99L engine ready just-in-time, Maruti launching 'hybrid' SHVS to get exemptions, 2L+ diesel engines getting banned left, right and center - does say a lot about the state of affairs in our country!
Viju is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks