Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2015, 23:03   #46
BHPian

re: A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!

Look wise, its the more or less same as the existing EVO, except the Alloys. The EVO is already a hot looking hatch. I own one too :P I wish the T-Jet option was available when I was buying.

My biggest issue with the EVO is the way FIAT has ignored the interior ergonomics and storage space. I mean come on, One bottle holder ? and absolutely no place to keep your mobile anywhere! No place to keep your wallet. No space inside the glove box, useless door pockets! (500ml bottles is not a practical option for long drives.) I come from a Liva, where I was spoilt for space and storage. however, does it make me hate the Fiat ? no, never. But the overall driving experience could have been better if things fell into place better.
anand.shankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 23:32   #47
BHPian

Hope FIAT has an Abarth (O) version with touchscreen infotainment system from the Linea Elegante version and black leather seats with red and yellow thread work!!

All other checkboxes for a hot hatch is mostly ticked.

Last edited by srinath34 : 13th August 2015 at 23:33. Reason: grammar
Old 14th August 2015, 04:06   #48
BHPian

Finally! The kind of car that I've been wanting is coming. I don't care what resale value it'll command, what numbers it'll sell in, what fuel economy it'll give. I'm just going to buy it. I'm guessing it'll come to about ten big ones on road in Chandigarh. I don't think it'll sell in big numbers anyway and that FE wouldn't be that great but in today's world, fun costs money. And I want fun! I'm already getting lectures from my mom on why I should not buy it. I'm not even listening. My money, my choice and I've made my choice!

By the way I searched for tyres from other manufacturers. Turns out that Bridgestone is the only one apart from Apollo who's offering 195/55 R16 spec'. And that too isn't a top of the shack performance offering. Yokohama, Michelin and Goodyear don't have any offerings in that spec'! Needless to say, I didn't bother about searching JK and MRF. So there isn't much to choose from in the tyre department and that I feel is really sad because Abarth Punto really deserves a good set of rubber to plant all those horses on the ground.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd October 2015 at 10:59. Reason: merging back to back posts
firstguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 12:22   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
By the way I searched for tyres from other manufacturers. Turns out that Bridgestone is the only one apart from Apollo who's offering 195/55 R16 spec'. And that too isn't a top of the shack performance offering. Yokohama, Michelin and Goodyear don't have any offerings in that spec'! Needless to say, I didn't bother about searching JK and MRF. So there isn't much to choose from in the tyre department and that I feel is really sad because Abarth Punto really deserves a good set of rubber to plant all those horses on the ground.
One could try switching to the linea tjet's size - 205/55 R16, some decent options there with Yoko, Michelin and Bridgestone although there would be a very slight speedo error of about 1.77%, but anything under 2% is quite ok, plus it'll make it look better too
Old 14th August 2015, 12:50   #50
BHPian

@firstguri: I see that Falken has a 195/55R16 87H: http://falkentyre.in/sincera-sn835/
nareshov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 13:46   #51
BHPian

Its falling in love all over again.I was floored after watching this juggernaut .I am gingerly waiting for its launch and team bhp detailed review.I was also thinking of replacing my 2010 model punto mjd and the news of the upcoming launch couldnot have come at better time
praveen singh
Old 14th August 2015, 15:44   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way I searched for tyres from other manufacturers. Turns out that Bridgestone is the only one apart from Apollo who's offering 195/55 R16 spec'. ....
.....So there isn't much to choose from in the tyre department and that I feel is really sad because Abarth Punto really deserves a good set of rubber to plant all those horses on the ground.
Continental has. Max Contact. From my experience of using Conti's over the last 45,000kms in my SWIFT,(running on Conti EcoContact-3), the tyres are pretty good.
Offers a good balance between grip, traction, comfort and noise levels. Air retention too is commendable. i lose approximately 1.5psi max per month

Attaching screenshot of Conti's range from their Indian website:
http://www.continental-tyres.in/www/...c5.html?page=2
Attached Thumbnails
A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-1955516-abarth-punto.jpg  

arjab is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 17:43   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Finally! The kind of car that I've been wanting is coming. I don't care what resale value it'll command, what numbers it'll sell in, what fuel economy it'll give. I'm just going to buy it. I'm guessing it'll come to about ten big ones on road in Chandigarh. I don't think it'll sell in big numbers anyway and that FE wouldn't be that great but in today's world, fun costs money. And I want fun! I'm already getting lectures from my mom on why I should not buy it. I'm not even listening. My money, my choice and I've made my choice!
Very well said. There are cars on the road and then, there is "the" car on the road. Abarth belongs to the second category.
vinit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 20:29   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Continental has. Max Contact. From my experience of using Conti's over the last 45,000kms in my SWIFT,(running on Conti EcoContact-3), the tyres are pretty good.
Offers a good balance between grip, traction, comfort and noise levels. Air retention too is commendable. i lose approximately 1.5psi max per month
Thank you for bringing Continental to my notice. I totally forgot about them. This seems to be the best out of the choice we have. It's a premium touring tyre and I searched over the net and found that there really aren't any performance tyres in 195/55 R16. They all start from upwards of 200 width!
firstguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 21:10   #55
BHPian

Punto Evo Abarth, what styling again! I am all praise for this car but I am able to hardly notice any difference from current Punto Evo. Of course, the Fiat logo has been replaced and ground clearance reduced a good 20 mm.
But, when it is Fiat, style and performance win over everything else, a decision more from the heart than the mind.

It would be interesting to see how the sales numbers clock for this model.
Old 15th August 2015, 11:33   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Indeed feels you have written everything what i wanted to write about this beauty. I have almost thought of buying her when she comes, and i am eagerly awaiting the day when i would drive her and people would come to me and engage in the wonderful argument of " are you crazy, this thing has no resale, where will you drive it, average kitni kam hai, itne main suv le leta & the best one- is main touch screen nahi hai kya??

Fiat if you are by any chance reading this, please price it sensibly and launch it on time, their are people who love Fiat for what it delivers, care for them and go ahead. All the best
NST440 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 12:36   #57
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
people would come to me and engage in the wonderful argument of " are you crazy, this thing has no resale, where will you drive it, average kitni kam hai, itne main suv le leta & the best one- is main touch screen nahi hai kya??
Exactly the kind of comments I had from my friends whom I showed this car online last week (one being from the auto industry) and told them this is top of my list to buy probably next year. The comments were -
1. This is a Punto.
2. This doesn't come anywhere close to the Elite i20
3. So much power and torque, where will you drive it?
4. Maintenance of a Maruti is cheaper.
5. Whats the use of a great engine if it doesn't look good
Lij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 18:53   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I'm guessing it'll come to about ten big ones on road in Chandigarh.
Sorry to ruin your excitement, but I don't think it will be around 10L on-road. I think around 9.5-10L ex-showroom would be a good estimate.
(I secretly hope you are correct though)
Old 17th August 2015, 13:44   #59
BHPian

Did anyone check out the BMW M4 GTS on Topgear?

http://www.topgear.com/india/car-new...-gts/itemid-50

The Matte Grey-Orange paint scheme on the Punto Abarth seems inspired from this.

Other than the power, this offering may also be the first time a matte paint shade has been offered in any non-CBU vehicle in India.

- Nucliomaniac
Old 18th August 2015, 00:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

I am a current punto 90HP owner. This car is just the hatch enthusiasts like me are drooling all over, Fiat if you are listening, Please launch a Punto ABARTH Diesel with that Irresistible 1.9L MJD Gen-II as well(and the 1.6L MJD diesel as WELL). India still doesnt have a network of petrol pumps that offer petrol and diesel, its just diesel pump based highway network. This car's chassis deserves that torque spitting monstrous diesel engine on offer.

It would be an awesome USP and Brand building exercise for you and if you throw in a DSG gearbox, it will be a deal maker for enthusiasts like me all over India.

Its time that, all your existing A.S.S have had enough time to competently service current fiat cars, with this new addition it will only create WIN-WIN situation. FAIT are you listening?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks