Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2006, 11:33   #46
BANNED

Maybe this will translate into some deadly discounts on Cedia...turn it into a sleeper hit with the performance mod guys.
Old 13th September 2006, 12:35   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I would think that even the Accord sales would have taken a hit...however marginal. Know of two potential Accord customers who lapped up the Civic instead.
Old 13th September 2006, 16:08   #48
Team-BHP Support

Me too! Seems like this paddle shift thing has a lot of takers even if they dont know what a paddle shift is. I know one guy who went to Arya Honda at Worli and asked to book a Civic. His exact words were "woh paddle shift wala gadi mangta hai...kya bhau hai". I was booking my mom her CVT (halleluiah) and I jsut looked on indreculous.
Old 13th September 2006, 23:05   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I would think that even the Accord sales would have taken a hit...however marginal. Know of two potential Accord customers who lapped up the Civic instead.
I think the cause for this is they entire 'hype' around the Civic at the moment. Once this hype settles down the customers will get more streamlined.
The Accord is gotten wayyy too common so people want something 'fresh' hence the Civic, but what they dont realise is that very soon the Civic is gonna get even more common than the Accord.
It's high time the Accord gets a makecover and this time we expect paddle shifters on the v6 atleast!!
Old 13th September 2006, 23:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
It's high time the Accord gets a makecover and this time we expect paddle shifters on the v6 atleast!!
Hell you might be satisified with the Paddles but I want the Full Monty - the 6-speed manual! 221 bhp, FWD, Manual gearbox - bring on the torque steer mate
Old 14th September 2006, 12:00   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Hell you might be satisified with the Paddles but I want the Full Monty - the 6-speed manual! 221 bhp, FWD, Manual gearbox - bring on the torque steer mate
and a SUV with the same! remember I live in "moonbai".
Old 14th September 2006, 12:29   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Fully agree. Accord V6 will be a beast with the right gearbox. Let's hope Honda pulls out something with the new Accord!
Old 14th September 2006, 12:48   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I dont think the Accord V6 sedan is available with a 6 speed manual in the USA also. To the best of my knowledge, the manual is only with the coupe version.
Old 14th September 2006, 12:51   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I dont think the Accord V6 sedan is available with a 6 speed manual in the USA also. To the best of my knowledge, the manual is only with the coupe version.
Actually, they ARE offering one on the V6 sedans too, starting from this year. Wasnt it going to be launched in India too?
Old 14th September 2006, 19:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, the facelifted Accords are being offered with a 6spd M/T in sedan form. This is the same Accord being launched in India later this year, somaybe, we also could have a M/T Accord V6. 0-100 in 7 odd secs.

Shan2nu
Old 14th September 2006, 20:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Hey, the facelifted Accords are being offered with a 6spd M/T in sedan form. This is the same Accord being launched in India later this year, somaybe, we also could have a M/T Accord V6. 0-100 in 7 odd secs.

Shan2nu
Yeah and if they launch it you know who's gonna be first in line for that Had a ride in an Accord V6 the other day with a Magnaflow exhaust & when the driver (a fellow t-bhpian) would give it the full beans the damn thing would go like stink!! Loved it to bits & hopefully with the manual will get to live it too!!
Old 14th September 2006, 21:03   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand
I think the biggest car affected by Civic is Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia. People dont even remember it exists.
A Cedia with a more powerful engine would have helped...but it was not to be. What we got was a detuned version, unable to hold it's own against the snob-value of a Corolla...and Civic's launch has worsened it's plight.
Old 15th September 2006, 00:36   #58
Senior - BHPian

www.boyracer.blogspot.com

I posted an article on the same topic on my blog. Comments are welcome and so is criticism.

They shouldnt have launched the cedia in the first place. a Gallant competing with the Accord would have helped retain the luxury image.

Later they could have launched the lancer X.

Honda Civic in India is a great step. The reason why people want it is the new car feel. All other cars in competition are a generation old now. whether its corolla, cedia, elantra or octavia.

HM guys are losers.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 15th September 2006 at 00:40.
Old 15th September 2006, 09:56   #59
BHPian

Delhi is now littered with Civics, and the red/maroon one looks delicious!!

although its cab-forward design is not too great looking from some angles but its a great package overall

still, if i had a choice b/w Civic & Octavia RS, i would go for the RS !!
Old 15th September 2006, 11:32   #60
Senior - BHPian

The Civic is dealing blows left and right to the competition. Just look at the sales figures. A staggering figure of 2441 units in July, making it the largest selling D segmenter..! For comparison sake, just 425 Corollas moved out of Toyota showrooms during the same month*...! Holy cow.

Whether Civic emulates Tyson or Ali; time will tell.

[*Source: Sep. ACI]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks