Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2015, 22:13   #31
BHPian

Re: VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by lihkinm View Post
Can anyone throw light on whether the secondary USB port of the Philadelphia 835 can be routed to the glovebox? I seriously dislike sticking a pen drive, however small it might be, on the face of the music system ( the primary port ).
I have a New York 800 and I also disliked the USB drive jutting out. So, I managed to connect an USB extension cable from the back of console into the glovebox.

While this enables me to keep the USB drive concealed inside the glovebox, there is one major shortcoming. Unlike USB-1 (front), when I play music from USB-2 (back), playback does not resume from the last song played. Instead, every time I stop and start the engine, I'm stuck with the same track until I frantically skip to another song. So, now I'm back to using the front USB for the sake of convenience.
Old 15th October 2015, 23:01   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
While this enables me to keep the USB drive concealed inside the glovebox, there is one major shortcoming. Unlike USB-1 (front), when I play music from USB-2 (back), playback does not resume from the last song played. Instead, every time I stop and start the engine, I'm stuck with the same track until I frantically skip to another song. So, now I'm back to using the front USB for the sake of convenience.

Thank you Ashwin489.

Going by my humble knowledge in electronics, even the 835 should be having a similar setup( because of the same manufacturer).
I usually have around 200 subfolders in the Music folder of my pendrive. It's going to take me forever if i have to navigate to the last played song/album manually every single time i hop into the car. I guess i should write songs into a dvd then. Takes some initial investment of time but should save us a lot of energy later.

Off topic? :sly:
Old 16th October 2015, 10:08   #33
BANNED

why the Plus Navigation package for only manual versions ? Dont the dsg owners have places to go ?

Also anyone aware if this can this be installed in existing polo/vento owners ? That way we can have official warranty on the headunit.

vw should start thinking about giving Navigation and Rear camera atleast in their top end models, possibly projectors too.

Thanks

Last edited by rana_kirti : 16th October 2015 at 10:11.
Old 16th October 2015, 10:18   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
why the Plus Navigation package for only manual versions ? Dont the dsg owners have places to go ?

Also anyone aware if this can this be installed in existing polo/vento owners ? That way we can have official warranty on the headunit.

Thanks
Probably it is more of a marketing ploy. I guess they are selling enough of the DSG variants as they want to and hence are not offering this in the DSG variants. Instead of offering cash discounts, they have added a few stuff, included a small premium and selling it as a new edition. Am pretty sure they are not going to be offering discounts on these editions now. Good thing for the buyer is that it all comes in from the dealer and hence they cannot complain or create issues with warranty claims.

Yes, it can be installed on existing cars. I think as per some earlier posts in this thread, the package is ~70K. The 835 has been available at dealer level for some time now. But I think they charge 50K+ for it.

Taking my car for service tomorrow. Will be checking it is possible to get specific parts of it (mainly interested in the detachable window blinds)
Old 16th October 2015, 20:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post

vw should start thinking about giving Navigation and Rear camera atleast in their top end models, possibly projectors too.

Thanks
From what i understand you can have them all as accessories in your DSG with navigation and rear camera too . The package was already their with all the dealers , only differences is that they reduced the package price for this offer . Earlier it used to cost around ~58k , now it seems to be ~38k . If you need that on DSG you can still pay the dealer ~58k and get it done. Moreover all the accessories which are part of this offer are after fitted at dealer stockyard, these are not coming directly coming from factory
Old 16th October 2015, 22:35   #36

Can anybody tell me if the matt black roof top is just a matt sheet that can be removed later on when I'm bored with it? Will it leave any marks or something on the roof ? Will i be able to get the original get up after i remove it ?
Old 17th October 2015, 12:13   #37
BANNED

Re: VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
Really liked your comment

Also, on the background of the current Volkswagen scam, its a big question mark on the success of these facelift models. This scandal has really dented the people confidence in VW brand.
Hello Vinit,

Yours was the first sensible and relevant comment re. VW in the forum. And not just VW, it appears the whole group (VW, Audi, Skoda et al) is being dragged willy-nilly into this mother of all emission scandals.

After the initial reading of the report, I felt bemused and speechless for a while. Was this the much-vaunted and revered German technology that one has been taking for granted all along? Fooling the environmental watch-dogs and leading the save-the-planet/environment movement up the garden path?

All their breast-beating apologies and hanging-the-head-in-shame public posturing is not going to stop us wondering - just where does the rot stop?
Old 18th October 2015, 12:17   #38
BHPian

Is there an accessory price list for VW india available anywhere online?

I'm interested in the detachable window blinds mentioned for the Polo Exquisite. Does anybody have an idea of how much they cost?

I cannot see it on the accessory page of the website though. Is it the same as the sunblinds in this link: http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/value...c8b252fce0ad90
Old 18th October 2015, 21:38   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth View Post
Is there an accessory price list for VW india available anywhere online?

I'm interested in the detachable window blinds mentioned for the Polo Exquisite. Does anybody have an idea of how much they cost?
I was also interested in this and checked up on it when I went for my 2nd service. What I was told that it cannot be purchased separately and is only available as part of the whole package. The person I checked with did not seem to have a clear idea, so he may have gone for the easy answer. Please let me know if you hear otherwise.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 02:10   #40

Got my Vento TDi Highline Plus delivered on 30th October. I got it for 12.53 lakhs.
However, the plus package hasn't been installed yet, the showroom guys quoted lack of kit as the reason. I've been asked for one weeks time to get and install the plus kit.
lihkinm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I was also interested in this and checked up on it when I went for my 2nd service. What I was told that it cannot be purchased separately and is only available as part of the whole package. The person I checked with did not seem to have a clear idea, so he may have gone for the easy answer. Please let me know if you hear otherwise.
I was at a dealership/service center today to collect my Polo after damages due to a gift from the heavens (read coconut).

While I was there, I inquired if blinds are available for purchase. My SA got in touch with someone else and mentioned that they can be purchased, but are currently not in stock. I was quoted approximately 6k for them.
sephiroth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 09:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

While I was there, I inquired if blinds are available for purchase. My SA got in touch with someone else and mentioned that they can be purchased, but are currently not in stock. I was quoted approximately 6k for them.
Last Monday I was at the VW Whitefield showroom to drop my car off for EGR replacement. A casual stroll into the showroom got the Vento Highline Plus in my sight and I started exploring the car. I was really interested with the Touchscreen HU and enquired on the same with the SA.

He confirmed that one could buy the HU & Window Blinds collectively for 45k

So, the HU apparently costs ~39k and window blinds ~6k, which IMO is a RIP OFF!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks