Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2015, 19:27   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched

Volkswagen is coming up with yet another limited edition Polo and Vento as per a report in Motorbeam/IAB. The changes are mostly cosmetic.

These limited editions will be offered on the Highline trims of the 1.2 MPI and 1.5 TDI variants of both the Polo and Vento. The TSI/TDI DSG variants do not get these limited edition changes.

Quote:
The Polo and Vento will get carbon fibre wrap for the ORVMs, black roof and black side body moulding. The Polo Exquisite will also get a chrome garnish on the tailgate. Both the vehicles also get scuff plates, carbon fibre finish on the centre console, removable window sunshades and fabric mats. The Polo also gets new seat covers with an Exquisite logo while the Vento gets a new Blaupunkt audio system with satellite navigation.

Prices of the Polo will remain the same while the Vento Highline Plus will see a hike of Rs. 29,000/-.
VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched-vwpoloexquisiteedition.jpg

VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched-vwventohighlineplusedition.jpg

Good thing is that the for the Vento, 835 AVN system along with the cosmetic stuff is available at an additional cost of 29K. Since the 835 itself costs ~40K in the market and upwards of 50K when purchased from the dealer, it looks like a good deal.

IAB Source Link

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 6th October 2015 at 19:35.
Rajeevraj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 19:41   #2
BHPian

re: VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up

VW should have gone with Gloss Black for the roof and mirrors. I feel Gloss looks way better than Matte / faux Carbon Fiber wrap, and matte feels pretty old and outdated IMHO.
We got a Gloss Black roof on my BIL's Polo GT TSI, and it looks fantastic.
satya180 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 19:46   #3
BHPian

With the VW scam saga currently hot in the market, I doubt VW will be able to lure in customers with these cosmetic gimmicks.

With estimated 25 plus and counting billion dollar losses in the market its going to be a tough time ahead for VW. I recently read that billions were wiped off their stocks as well.

I really feel saddened to witness VW going through such a mess.
Hammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 20:49   #4

Yes agree with satya. The gloss black looks better it merges well with the blackened peripherals of the wind screen. I speak from experience I chose the gloss over the matte on my silver vento. The only problem is gloss is a bit cumbersome to install. You need to be very careful while installing ,any dust particles or wrong wave of the hand it shows after the stick. Yes the gloss black is merciless. That's is why I had to get it done twice (second time free ofcourse ). I am happy now. Overall the vento looks great and yes the 29k hike to put in a sat nav is a cracker deal.
Old 6th October 2015, 21:12   #5
BHPian

re: VW Polo Exquisite & Vento Highline Plus editions coming up. EDIT: Launched

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 7th October 2015 at 15:17.
rageshgr is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th October 2015, 22:32   #6
BHPian

They could've thrown in the projector headlights for both. That would've made it a super sweet deal. I am sure they are reserving it for the 2016 "LATEST AND ALL NEW" edition.
Mad Max is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 22:38   #7
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The changes are mostly cosmetic.
They could have put in projector headlamps considering its cousin the Skoda Rapid offers them. Or perhaps they are saving that for another facelift next year!
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 13:11   #8
BHPian

Oh wow... how exciting! Yet another "all-new" Polo and "all-new" Vento coming up.
avdhesh15 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 13:26   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Oh wow... how exciting! Yet another "all-new" Polo and "all-new" Vento coming up.
Really liked your comment

Also, on the background of the current Volkswagen scam, its a big question mark on the success of these facelift models. This scandal has really dented the people confidence in VW brand.
vinit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 16:01   #10
BHPian

Just saw this on Economic times.

" Volkswagen directs dealers not to sell popular hatchback Polo in India "

Whats going on?? one one hand the have launched a limited variant and then suspend sales of all cars?

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/49257010.cms
Old 7th October 2015, 16:37   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_see View Post
Just saw this on Economic times.

" Volkswagen directs dealers not to sell popular hatchback Polo in India "

Whats going on?? one one hand the have launched a limited variant and then suspend sales of all cars?

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/49257010.cms
The article is properly confusing. The company launching something they don't plan to deliver. This is unheard of. Or have they found some flaw in their machines that even the PUC waalas of India can catch ?
Old 7th October 2015, 21:04   #12
BHPian

Honestly, what else can you do in a hatch, a hot hatch should I say considering the GT TSI. What more can you really put into it, wings may be :-) ? Fun apart, when you look for a completely rounded off (rear seat space is a issue, but then this is a hatch, so its not much to ask for) hatch nothing comes closer. Save, a NAV and may be a projector for cosmetic changes. What is really missing is the marketing push into the mass market, where the swift, the i10/20 etc sell.
Old 9th October 2015, 20:41   #13
BHPian

Highline plus for vento is updated in their website , not sure i like the black roof but 29k for Blaukpaunt Philadelphia with navigation and detachable sun blinds would work for me
Old 9th October 2015, 20:44   #14
BHPian

Matte black would seem that the roof had been wrapped, but gloss will merge since its glossy just like paint and will look like a painted surface. A flash red polo with gloss black roof and gloss black 15'' alloys will be drool worthy . 3M in Anna Nagar west charges about Rs. 400 per sq. ft IIRC.
Old 9th October 2015, 21:35   #15
BHPian

So, no projector lamps again? Maybe they are reserving that for the ALL NEW ULTRALIMITED version. Ugh. Rapid has this for almost a year now. Come on VW! Get with the times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks