Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2015, 01:50   #46
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh

Now, now. I mean no offence to senior people, but this Ciaz RS looks like a sixty-year old suddenly decided to flaunt a mohawk!

Okay, sticker jobs with 'RS' or 'Sport' branding is understandable in India, but Maruti should at least have spared a thought about which car to apply it to. A 'Swift RS' with similar additions would've been a much more acceptable idea (and a Swift RS with a 1.6 multijet and tighter springs would've been a much much more acceptable idea, but anyways..).
This Ciaz is meant to be a sensible and practical midsize sedan. It was engineered perfectly for that job. And it was doing its job in the market rather well. And I would like to think this car was inspired by the equally innovative Mobilio RS, rather than something like a 911 GT3 RS. Who was the genius who decided to do this to it?
This is one of the cases where I would like to ask, "Forget how. Just tell me, for god's sake, WHY?!"

I mean, look at that spoiler. I guess they mistook adding a 'spoiler' for a spoiler like the ones of movies. Because this one does exactly the same job: spoil the whole damn thing!!
And if this is the trend, I better flee the country before I see concepts like maybe an Eeco RS, or even worse, I dread to imagine, an OMNI RS next!

Okay, now take this: Maruti just launched two new cars; one is a 'Glory Edition' and one is an 'RS'. One would almost faint after knowing which one is which:

Last edited by mukul32 : 21st October 2015 at 02:11.
mukul32 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 08:34   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Ciaz ' RS ' is advertised as "Restless Spirit"

Maruti Suzuki launches Ciaz RS at Rs. 9.20 lakh-capture.jpg

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/ciaz.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 09:37   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki's Ciaz ' RS ' is advertised as "Restless Spirit"

Attachment 1429697

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/ciaz.aspx
Ciaz has become even more gorgeous!

I love the alloys - Just perfect. Maruti has done a wonderful job there.

If 1.6 is launched with a bit sensible pricing unlike S Cross, I think it will be another hit.

Well done, Maruti
Old 25th October 2015, 16:45   #49
BHPian

Does anybody know definitely whether the RS edition is available in the automatic transmission? And whether the alloys are 15 inch or 16 inch? I have searched all over and can't find the answer. The Ciaz website in particular is awful in detailing the variants.
Old 25th October 2015, 18:31   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunp View Post
Does anybody know definitely whether the RS edition is available in the automatic transmission? And whether the alloys are 15 inch or 16 inch? I have searched all over and can't find the answer. The Ciaz website in particular is awful in detailing the variants.
I believe that the RS edition would be just an add on kit available at dealer end. So I guess it would be better to call and ask your nearby dealer for more information.
Old 11th April 2016, 04:39   #51
BHPian

What a total rip off. The reduced ground clearance and zero added luxury or sport kit translate to another Maruti con job, aimed at the ignorant Indian who subscribes to the "all show...no go" belief system.
Old 11th April 2016, 05:00   #52
Senior - BHPian

What a nut job! And I cannot believe the restless spirit part! What were or are they smoking?
Old 11th April 2016, 09:19   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
What a total rip off. The reduced ground clearance and zero added luxury or sport kit translate to another Maruti con job, aimed at the ignorant Indian who subscribes to the "all show...no go" belief system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
What a nut job! And I cannot believe the restless spirit part! What were or are they smoking?
The RS is merely 10K more than the standard Ciaz. Ignore the RS badging and the body kit.

The biggest differentiator in the RS is the all black interiors. Black leather, black dash and not an inch of beige.

That change alone in my opinion is worth 10K.

Don't expect mechanical upgrades for 10K and you will be pleased with the Ciaz RS.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 13:39   #54
BHPian

The black dash looks good to me but are a matter of taste and most Indians will always pick beige. The leather seats look like cheap art/ faux vinyl covers.

I've rarely seen a version this bad from a major car manufacturer. These stunts were pulled by Chevrolet to sell long discontinued cars in their stable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks